shape
carat
color
clarity

Aset and Ideal Scope Images: What Shade of Red to Look For?

jross31

Rough_Rock
First off, I wanted to say THANKS to everyone for putting so much helpful info. up on PS. Without stumbling across this website, I would've already wasted a great deal of money on an inferior ring.

Although I understand that red is a primary color to look for in Aset and Ideal Scope Images (along with certain amounts of blue and green), what SHADE of red should you look for? Should the red be a darker color, or should it be closer to pink?

Thanks again for all of your help.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Aset and Ideal Scope Images: What Shade of Red to Look F

Doesn't matter.

Look at the distribution of colour in the image (light purplish vs dark purplish, or light red vs dark red) not the difference btwn purple in one image and red in another - just different setup/photography

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

any shade of red. Sometimes the lighting or the way the ASET was taken will produce different shades but you just need to find red in general.

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock

I believe you should see any shade of red, not light pink, and it should be fairly consistent in saturation throughout the image. There should not be very dark and very light areas on the same stone. Slight differences in shade are probably not noticeable IRL

jross31

Rough_Rock

That's awesome info. THANKS AGAIN SO MUCH!!!!

jross31

Rough_Rock

One more question... ideally... what would you want to see in the center of the diamond on an Aset image... green or red?

And what would you prefer to see on the edges of a round cut stone... black or green?

I'm sorry for the angst in my messages. I found the following stone and would love any constructive criticisms (including that about the inclusion in the center of the diamond):

http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m598/jross31/dpic.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results