shape
carat
color
clarity

ASAP? Help, Northern Chicago area, good stores?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

opfreak

Rough_Rock
Ok I know its very last mintue. But maybe some1 can help me out, looking for antqiue settings, and by pure accident ended up in chicago this weekend. so I was hoping that someoneknewof any stores that might be open around the northern chicago area on sunday tommorow where i can take my girl to look at rings.

Looking for any good stores that are on north 94/294, skokie area and north (old orchardmall area, gurnee area).

I have no idea where to look and do not want to walk into another stupid cookie cutter mall store. any help? pleeeassee pretty pleae with cherrys on top?

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry I live south of the city and the only store I would refer is in the northwest suburbs and is closed on sundays anyway.

Maybe a couple of the others that live by the city will chime in but I don''t have any other advice for close to gurnee and such. That''s pretty far from me. Good luck. Did you try a search online to see what stores are even up that way? Any of your traditional mall stores aren''t going to be the best bet but if that''s all you have available...
38.gif

Can you shop online??? Or is this a purchase you have to make immediately (like tomorrow)???

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
this is in Chicago...where exactly in relation to you I''m not sure....but you can check it out....
http://www.dscaasi.com/

opfreak

Rough_Rock
No we are looking online, but would like my g/f to see some ringsin relife to see what she really likes. I just didn''t know i was going to be in the area until now. thanks for any help

momothree

Shiny_Rock
There is a store in Highland Park called the Treasure Chest. I have never been there but have been told they have lovely vintage jewelry. If you are not familiar with HP, it is about 15 minutes north of Old Orchard and 30 minutes-ish south of Gurnee. If you take 94W/41N, get off at Central Ave. Go east to Second Street (before the railroad tracks) and turn left. It is on that block. They have a website www.treasurechestjewels.com I have no idea whether or not they are open on Sunday but the website has a phone number and you can call and check it out.

I am a big fan on Dimend Scaasi (jetmal's suggestion) but they are all the way downtown and do not sell antique jewelry.

ETA: If you do make it to HP, there is a Razny Jewelers on Green Bay Rd, just south of Central. Pretty nice for a B&M. No antiques but a pretty decent selection of settings.

opfreak

Rough_Rock
thanks for the help guys, seems like everything good closes sunday :-p. geuss i''ll just have to come down with a much more planned trip on like a saturday :)

oh well thanks again !!!!

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
The next time you are in Chicago check out Merry Richards Jewelers. They have locations in Oak Brook (western suburbs) and in Glenview (northern suburbs). They carry a lot of designers like Tacori, Ritani, Scott Kay, Simon G.....most of which have "antique" type settings. I have used them before and would go back there again in a heartbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results