shape
carat
color
clarity

As requested by Chrono (6.24ct Citrine Asscher cut)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock

I have been a blur lately, but as promised here are my horrible pictures of the little guy. Now to find a setting, which is a project I don''t have the time for just now...But if anyone can suggest, I will be VERY thankful to hear some nice ideas...

Citrine Sq Emeral 6.24ct segment.JPG

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
and to get a scope of the look, where the light is not making it glow like a radioactive chemical...

sorry, horrible camera woman...
7.gif

Citrine Sq Emeral 6.24ct segment 2.JPG

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
And this one (I am finally able to reduce the pictures!) is with the pinkish purple Kunzite I bought ages ago, not sure size... Approxinating around 3.2ct or so... Will have to weigh that one.

The Kunzite needs a home as well...any ideas how to set that one? Maybe with other colored stone melee or sidestones to set it off, or diamonds to make it soft-looking? Advice?

(and again, sorry for the horrible blur. Looks like I need a better camera!)

Citrine Sq Emeral 6.24ct with Kunzite.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
wow it''s so zesty like a lemon!!!
hehehehe

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!! It definitely glows!! I can''t wait to see what you end up doing with it!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dang!
30.gif
It's glowing like it's radioactive! WOW. That is an awesome citrine. Absolutely no brown undertones. What a super stone, Nicrez. The kunzite looks gorgeous too. Did you get it locally in NYC?

Oh, and thanks for remembering my special request. You're a gem.
21.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow that citrine is fabulous. It looks like it''s plugged in, it''s so electric!!!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
How funny - I was coming back to suggest the same setting...I love the Vera Wang rope settings and think something like that would look amazing with that electric citrine.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2007 2:44:52 PM
Author: Miranda
I love that citrine...And the kunzite for that matter. I''d set the citrine in a Vera Bradley setting http://www.lussori.com/vera-wang-ring-5-carat-aquamarine-gemstone-designer-ring-18k-gold-twisted-wire.html I don''t know if the settings come without stones, but, you could certainly have one made that is similar. I think Quest made a rope looking ring for someone here.

ETA: Silly me...Vera Bradley is for diaper bags...I meant Vera Wang.
heehee diaper bags.

Anyways, I''ve always admired that setting as well and your large stone would look beautiful in it. Someday I''m going to set a stone in something like this.

Mag00

Rough_Rock
I have a citrine just like that!
its not as yellow, but its pretty much the same cut and size
6.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2007 8:16:22 AM
Author: Chrono
Dang!
30.gif
It''s glowing like it''s radioactive! WOW. That is an awesome citrine. Absolutely no brown undertones. What a super stone, Nicrez. The kunzite looks gorgeous too. Did you get it locally in NYC?

Oh, and thanks for remembering my special request. You''re a gem.
21.gif
I promised I would take pictures, and I DID, but getting them on to a computer was my issue...But I did it!

Yes, it''s a nice citrine, but I am not crazy about the depth of it. It has excellent hue and saturation, which is why I love it, but based on the depth (and I know colored stones are always weird in their depths) I just have a proportion problem. I considered getting it recut, and then I realize that it''s just a citrine that will not yeild any further value if recut, so spending the $$ to get it done might be just a whim and I can guarantee it will exhibit any more OOmph. Plus the issue of it being a step cut and those are almost impossible to recut quickly and cheaply...
7.gif

But Chrono, I promised, and I always try to deliver...so...this cut''s for you!
31.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I love that citrine...And the kunzite for that matter. I''d set the citrine in a Vera Bradley setting http://www.lussori.com/vera-wang-ring-5-carat-aquamarine-gemstone-designer-ring-18k-gold-twisted-wire.html I don''t know if the settings come without stones, but, you could certainly have one made that is similar. I think Quest made a rope looking ring for someone here.

Miranda, hysterical! I read the Vera Bradly (not a fan of them, and how so many young women have them) and was scared off immediately, but clicked the link to see... I LOVE some Vera Wang settings, and that one is certainly a fave... I will check to see who makes rope rings. I like the idea, but do you think it will be an issue if the stone is deep?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Nic, what about a pendant? Considering it's depth and therefore very high setting i would think twice about using such gorgeous stone (especially quartz) for a ring.
Vera Wang makes beautiful dress designs, not a big fan of her jewelry though.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2007 11:33:20 AM
Author: Pricescope
Nic, what about a pendant? ...I would think twice about using such gorgeous stone (especially quartz) for a ring.
I have to agree.

When I inherited this retro ring some years ago, I had the quartz center repolished. I've worn it only VERY rarely since. Look what this closeup revealed: a humongo scratch.

widget

PS: GORGEOUS citrine, BTW....one of the prettiest I've ever seen...
30.gif

rjcb516.jpg

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hi! beautiful stone. i agree with pricescope and widget about a ring maybe not being the best for the stone. i had a beautiful citrine ring and the stone became damaged early on. whatever you make please post pics. good luck.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a pendant would be awesome. It has the right colour and enough size for oomph at the neckline.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2007 10:24:49 AM
Author: Nicrez

Miranda, hysterical! I read the Vera Bradly (not a fan of them, and how so many young women have them) and was scared off immediately, but clicked the link to see... I LOVE some Vera Wang settings, and that one is certainly a fave... I will check to see who makes rope rings. I like the idea, but do you think it will be an issue if the stone is deep?
LOL!!! I''m a big fan of Vera Bradley...For my four year old. She has lots of ''petal pink'' luggage. You are so right about young women carrying it. It looks a little bit old or young. Not too great for the 10 - 60 crowd. You were scared off???? But why??? You don''t want a quilted ring?

Hmmm...I''ll have to agree with the other posters. A pendant my be a better idea to protect the stone.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh, what a gorgeous citrine. How ever you decide to set it, I''m sure it will be lovely!!!
30.gif
30.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Where do citrines fall on the hardness scale?

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the comments and ideas everyone! YAY! Irina, what a great thought, any designs you can think of for a pendant...?

On Moh's scale of hardness it's a 7, classified as Quartz. It's actually my birthstone, and I have never liked it before, because of the the undertones of orange which i didn't like as much. Now I am a fan!

A pendant would be a nice idea, but I do not wear necklaces all that much. With a colored stone at that depth I would be afraid of it flipping over? Is that a rational thought? As you can see i don't have a necklace with a chunky center gemstone, I have no idea...

I thought ring, because I seem to LOVE rings, and I thought a nice cocktail ring would be fun. I am hard on my jewelry, so I am admittedly a beast on my rings. But a cocktail ring that was a bit pavéd, I don't know how much I would beat it up, if I don't wear it that often...

Now i am confused! I do have two other citrines I was going to make into earrings, maybe I should post those to get ideas? I can't remember exactly, but i believe they were more orangy. Nothing special, two semi-matched elongated cushions, but I thought maybe earrings for those, maybe bezel-set in YG...?

Dear God, I collect gemstones with "plans" and end up with more gemstones and no jewlery...
39.gif

Pay close attention people, this is what indecision looks like.
38.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2007 7:59:33 PM
Author: Mag00
I have a citrine just like that!
its not as yellow, but its pretty much the same cut and size
6.gif
Ooooh! Mag, where are the pictures posted???
31.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2007 2:57:26 PM

LOL!!! I''m a big fan of Vera Bradley...For my four year old. She has lots of ''petal pink'' luggage. You are so right about young women carrying it. It looks a little bit old or young. Not too great for the 10 - 60 crowd. You were scared off???? But why??? You don''t want a quilted ring?

Hmmm...I''ll have to agree with the other posters. A pendant my be a better idea to protect the stone.
HA HA HA Miranda... Vera Bradley bags are soooo annoying when a young woman in her early 20''s is toting one and there''s no baby. It''s funny, I think, what''s with the diaper bag on your way to the office? I''m not really a fan of the "look" itself, too busy for me. Plain and simple bags with big fat gems. That''s my style.
9.gif
31.gif

Funny you say that, but, I will try and post a picture of three "quilted" aquamarines I have! Well, they have a checkerboard cut, but they LOOK quilted!
23.gif

Mag00

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/18/2007 5:45:13 PM

Ooooh! Mag, where are the pictures posted???
31.gif

hehe.
Dont have them up yet, I dont take my gems to the Dorm.
Friday I should have some pictures up :D

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2007 5:49:58 PM

Date: 4/18/2007 2:57:26 PM

HA HA HA Miranda... Vera Bradley bags are soooo annoying when a young woman in her early 20''s is toting one and there''s no baby. It''s funny, I think, what''s with the diaper bag on your way to the office? I''m not really a fan of the ''look'' itself, too busy for me. Plain and simple bags with big fat gems. That''s my style.
9.gif
31.gif

Funny you say that, but, I will try and post a picture of three ''quilted'' aquamarines I have! Well, they have a checkerboard cut, but they LOOK quilted!
23.gif
I''d love to see the aquas! I''ve really been in a colored stone mood lately.

Plain bags for me, too. But for my little girl...That''s another story. A baby girl after two boys (and a first granddaughter) gets loads of pink with really crazy patterns!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
any designs you can think of for a pendant...?

How much would you like (not like, but don''t mind
9.gif
) to spend Nic and are you afraid to show off the crazy side. I know you have one...

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Ha ha ha... Irina, honestly I am afraid most of my sides are crazy, even the normal ones!
31.gif

As for spending, I am not looking to make this very costly, but would want to make it nice I suppose. This is more a longer term project for now, because I am so detail obsessed, when it comes to finding someone to make it and go through what it will be like, quality issues, so right now, and for the rest of the summer, I won''t have the time to spend. But conservatively let''s say $3,000 or so? Is that fair? I would love to spend more, but the stone to me is not worth more than a $3K necklace. That was my budget for the ring, so I just carried it into the necklace...

I want to be able to have a nice budget to play with, but not break the bank...Just be warned this stone has been in resting in my purse for 5 months, on the expectation that I will walk to a few jewelers sometime and get quotes for making it a ring. 5 months of no movement. This might be closer to a little christmas gift for me than a fun summer piece... but in the end, I want to see what options I have?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
If you don't mind silver i can squeeze 2 diamonds (or kunzite) into the design on this very healthy budget. White gold and kunzite would fit too...

Mag00

Rough_Rock
so I looked at mine again, more closely,
and there are some flaws!! (cant complain since i pretty much got it for free)
but oh my! i didnt notice them before
15.gif

well, i''ll have pictures of my gems tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results