shape
carat
color
clarity

As requested by Chrono (6.24ct Citrine Asscher cut)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mag00

Rough_Rock
Hello again, here is the my gem.
I think the cut is different?

anyways, here it is.

CitrineMag00.jpg

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Hey MAG! The cut looks like a hybrid of step and brilliant. Very nice, and maybe you should start a thread with all your pictures!!! I can''t wait to see.... I love gems...How did you get this one for "almost free"? Do take pictures of your pretties...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nicrez,
I''m about to embark on gem collecting (cheaper than diamonds!). Which ones did you start with? I''m getting a rhodolite soon. Any other suggestions?

Mag00

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/25/2007 1:13:34 AM
Author: Nicrez
Hey MAG! The cut looks like a hybrid of step and brilliant. Very nice, and maybe you should start a thread with all your pictures!!! I can''t wait to see.... I love gems...How did you get this one for ''almost free''? Do take pictures of your pretties...

I did take some pictures.
Unfortunately, it was rather cloudy outside and a good deal of them didnt come out that good, lol.
I''ll be back again this weekend for some pictures :)

And I got it almost free because it came with a lot I bought on Ebay.
So I got that and a few others.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Harriet, gemstones are a great pet project for the diamond lover, and a great obsession for the gemstone lover...careful you don''t end up BOTH!
31.gif

I think I first started with Tourmalines, as they they are the most common and most vivid for their price. There are Topazes that are also big, bold and inexpensive. To know what you are buying, I suggest you get a simple book Gemstones of the World by Schumann Gemstones of the World and then this one is great for identifying: Gemstones (Smithsonian Series). Those two inexpensive books are a great resource for the beginner! Good luck and I will try to post some good inexpensive sites later (just to get your feet wet)...

Mag, don''t forget to post that lot you got from E-Bay!!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks! Did you see the rhodolite I''m starting with? I can''t wait!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nicrez,
Does your stone have a twin?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Paging Nicrez -- I''d like a stone like yours. Where can I get one?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nicrez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Sorry!
25.gif

It''s been busy... I think I got my stone from a Thai cutter who was here in NY. He works with wholesalers, and my friend buys from him for her company. It was a rare find, as I NEVER find square cuts in gemstones I like... she found it in a parcel and it was too large for them, so she bought it knowing it was my birthstone and I''d love it. I had purchased others online but wasn''t so excited. I looked around and when I saw this one, I love it.

I looked at some sites on line, but nada so far...

But look at how funny THESE are!:
http://www.creativegem.com/gem_deals/includes/details.asp?ID_NO=1767&header=report

Or THIS one:
http://www.creativegem.com/gem_deals/includes/details.asp?ID_NO=9998&header=report

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
5.gif
Please keep your eye out for a similar one.
Did you see my new gem?
1.gif

Both links take me to the homepage!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Saw it, love it! Rhodolites can be stunning!!

I would personally have a pave setting on that one, to really make it pop...
30.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Which other gems have that colour? I''d lurve a pave setting too.

JenniferB

Shiny_Rock
Nicrez,

Gorgeous stone! It is SO big and so brilliant! I know you may not want to block any of the fire of that rock, but if you are game....I LOVE these Goddess Rings
30.gif
:

ECGoddessRings.jpg

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Thanks Jennifer! I love big cocktail rings...that''s why I am considering pendant as per Irina''s expert suggestion, but I always veer to rings, because i wear them all the time. I only wear necklaces to dress up. Daily, they spin and catch in my hair, etc...I can''t wear bracelets almost at all...so RINGS!

These are yummy! Any more pics, please send them my way!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results