shape
carat
color
clarity

As per usual....I need heeeelp! Photos of yellow gold halo settings pls!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So my gorgeous Jeff White 10 x 8mm rubellite has been cut and should reach me this week. I'll give it the once over, then ship it on to DKJ to be set.

This is where it all becomes tricky....

I want to set it north/south in a halo of 5 point diamonds, in yellow gold. And my question is *this*:

Should I set the diamonds in yellow gold, like the rest of the setting, or should I set the rubellite in yellow, have the shank in yellow, but set the diamonds in platinum?

Does anyone have any photos of a halo setting in all yellow, where the center stone is a colored gem? And - equally useful - does anyone have any photos of a halo'd setting where the shank and center colored gem are in yellow gold, but the diamonds are in a white metal?

In lieu of that - I'll take any photos of halo'd colored gems!

Thank you, all!

:wavey:

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
DSCN2262.jpeg

This is rose gold and platinum just so you could see the contrast.

I think the yellow gold would look nice and give the rubellite a warmth unlike white metals. While keeping the white metals for diamonds.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You folks are AWESOME! Thank you so much!

Either way, the prongs on the rubellite will be yellow gold. The shank will definitely be yellow gold. I'm just trying ot make up my mind between white or yellow for the diamond melee. The melee I'm using is colorless and an excellent cut, so I want the quality to show up. But I also want the piece to look cohesive.

I'm going back and forth.

lmyracle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I think it will be most beautiful in all yellow. I look forward to seeing photos!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I think all yellow too.

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
Joining the chorus...all yellow!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screenshot_20210302-221720_Chrome.jpg

I've been researching this to death too! I'm planning on haloing my lab cushion sapphire with 8-10 pointers, in a shared prong halo. The sapph will be in rose gold prongs or bezel, with the diamonds in white gold, and a rose gold shank. I love the contrast.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screenshot_20210302-221720_Chrome.jpg

I've been researching this to death too! I'm planning on haloing my lab cushion sapphire with 8-10 pointers, in a shared prong halo. The sapph will be in rose gold prongs or bezel, with the diamonds in white gold, and a rose gold shank. I love the contrast.

EXACTLY!

I want to see photos before I make up my mind, and I'm struggling to find a colored stone in a yellow gold setting, with a diamond halo with white metal prongs. It's not a common look.

@Dandi - if I find any example, do you want me to email them to you? And visa versa, if you wouldn't mind.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
2D51E263-8287-4E4F-B123-2BCBF6833F8C.jpeg 99F4CCEA-49E4-4F4F-B494-AEE938A245BF.jpeg

Attachments

• 649A1FAA-CEB9-4604-AFA7-6D07A783A514.jpeg
    649A1FAA-CEB9-4604-AFA7-6D07A783A514.jpeg
    14.9 KB · Views: 11

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seriously, @Rfisher - how do you do this?? This is *exactly* what I wanted to see! Thank you so much! Middle left is veeeerrrrry close to what I'm planning - shank style included! It's particularly useful because now I'm wondering if the diamonds will be too large. I'm planning a cluster, more than a halo, using 10 point diamonds, and I already have them. But now I'm wondering if I should drop them down to 5 pointers.

Man, this stuff is never ending....

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
EXACTLY!

I want to see photos before I make up my mind, and I'm struggling to find a colored stone in a yellow gold setting, with a diamond halo with white metal prongs. It's not a common look.

@Dandi - if I find any example, do you want me to email them to you? And visa versa, if you wouldn't mind.

Yes please, absolutely! Thank you! I'm on the case!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
080549-Cushion-Cut-Sapphire-Diamond-Halo-Pendant.jpg

This is how I'd like the ring to look, with a plain rose gold shank.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That would be gorgeous, @Dandi!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results