shape
carat
color
clarity

As Etta James would croon.....AT LAST!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock

I feel like I''ve been waiting an eternity for this day! Oh wait...I have.

9.gif

To recap...first I wanted my 1.5 ct D VS2 pear bezel set with a halo around it. That didn''t end up working out when the halo that was made completely overpowered the pear stone, and made it look more like a cocktail ring that could direct shuttles home from outer space. It didn''t look like an e-ring at all. The halo I wanted was delicate and small, but the halo I got was enormous and overpowering. Since the ring had to be completely remade because of this, I also at this time decided to nix the bezel setting. I wanted the pear to take more center stage, which meant I decided to prong set the pear above the diamond halo.

I decided at this time that I wanted two rings made - an e-ring and a matching w-band, since I knew that my original w-band might not sit flush with my new ring, and would definitely not "match"...the new e-ring was supposed to be about 2 mm or less wide, and prong set, while my current w-band was 3.5 mm wide and channel set. I decided to have the e-ring made so that there was a notch cut out of the gallery for the w-band to sit in. The w-band would have to be inserted into the notch of the e-ring, and then both rings put on as a set. The notch would be big enough so that the entire wedding band could be inserted...not one of those wedding bands that is carved really thin to slip into a small notch, and looks funny if worn alone. I liked this design and this idea, but the first wax came out wrong. The designer made my w-band wrong (made it look like the thin strip of metal slips into the notch, and if you wear the w-band alone, it looks wrong), and the scale of the ring as well as the shoulders of the ring were all wrong. I asked for a new wax. I was still waiting for that wax 3 weeks later. It never ended up coming because I then refused to work with that guy anymore...for various reasons that I have already discussed.

I asked the store owner for my stone back to terminate the job. She suggested her local bench jeweler try to do the ring first, since he could turn things around "much faster." This turned out not exactly to be the case, and from the experience I have learned that he is very flaky, and I will not be working with him again. That said, he did do good work, but for me it was not worth the emotional havoc I had to go through.

40.gif

DH picked up the rings on Friday, so I don''t have all the specs on the melee and all that since he didn''t ask.

20.gif
2.gif
I do have to get one thing tweaked on the ring next week, so I will find out all that good stuff then. What we agreed on was 2 pt melee in the shanks, 1 pt melee in the halo. The rings were supposed to be about 1.5 or 1.7 mm thick. Semi-eternity, shared prong set. Platinum. Size 7.5.

I''ve measured the rings and the bottom of the shanks (the polished platinum part) is 1.5 mm, but the shared prong portions are actually more like 1 mm. They are so, SO TINY!!!! They are definitely taller than they are wide. But I LOOOOOOVE the look. It''s very, very delicate and really makes the pear the center of attention.

So without further ado here are the pics!!! I know everyone says this and means it...and so do I...these pictures do not at ALL do these rings justice. The sparkle that the melee gives off is just SO different than what the pear gives off. Having the pear prong set above the halo also makes ALL the difference!!!!

30.gif

I had to crop my nails out of these pictures...3 of them broke and it''s just horrible.

emembarrassed.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
here we go...

new1jkl.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
closeup with rings separated

new2jk.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
another

new3jkl.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
rings together

new4jkl.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
in the car, no outside lighting

new5jkl.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
on the kitchen table

new6jkl.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
upside down to see the band

new7jkl.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
side shot

new8.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
another

new9.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
love the fire

new91.jpg

bluedawg

Shiny_Rock
Fire Goddess! WOW! That is amazingly gorgeous! I love it!

And I can tell from your post that you love it, too. I am so happy that it turned out for you!

Looks fantastic both on its own and with your wedding band!
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
a few with the loupe taped to the camera...

new92.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
another

newloupe1.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
last one, of the w-band. enjoy!

newloupe3.jpg

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
THAT is one of the most beautiful ring sets I have ever seen!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I love it--I think the delicate band is so complementary to the stone and halo...I just love it.
30.gif
It was all worth it--these rings are just incredible!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
FireGodess,
It''s simply breathtaking, OMG it''s just gorgeous, to die for!!! At last your ring is perfect, I loooove it!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, Fire, WOW, I LOVE it
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Those teeny, tiny bands make your pear look HUGE
36.gif
36.gif

i'm so glad you finally got this project behind you and the final outcome turned out beautifully. i think your rings are the smallest/thinnest prong set bands i have ever seen and their wonderful. oh the sparkle....

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
FG...

Although this has been a trying ordeal for you, the results are absolutely stunning!! The cut on your pear is exquisite!!! Such sparkle!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fire,
How big is your pear, it looks huge!!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
ohhhhh it''s lovely! i''ve been waiting for you to FINALLY get your ring; i''m so happy that you LOVE it!

michela002

Shiny_Rock
Awww, that is just absolutely breathtaking!! You deserve it after all you went through! It would have been nice to get the look you wanted in the first place, but the final result will (hopefully) have made it all worth it. I absolutely love it!!
30.gif

youngster

Shiny_Rock
Wow! It''s stunning! Congratulations. That''s one of those most beautiful pears I''ve ever seen.
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the complements everyone! I''m really enjoying the rings. I''m still just blown away by the way the halo looks next to the pear. I can''t seem to capture it in pictures. It''s like this small white wall/frame of glitter around a block of ice that has totally different sparkle. I''m loving it! Kaleigh, the pear is 1.5 ct.
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fire,
I see that you posted that your pear is 1.50 D VS2, I rushed through the story as I was anxious to see the pics, sorry!!
3.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
they turned out so dreamy and delicate! gorgeous!
30.gif

Minny

Rough_Rock
FireGoddess,

That ring is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS.
30.gif
I''m so happy things FINALLY worked out for you. Enjoy it!!
36.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
WOW! I''m not a huge pear fan.. but THAT is one gorgeous pear and amazing setting for it! It looks great!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful set! It is so delicate with so much sparkle. Congrats on getting it done just like you like it!

PS -- I really like the pear standing on it''s head shot
2.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
HOORAY!!!!! Now, THAT''s more like it!!! It is just stunning, and I''m so glad it was finally done right!! Congrats! It''s beautiful
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results