shape
carat
color
clarity

Art's ring

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the priority of discovering Art Gorinas belongs to Delayedreaction. I liked the garnet ring made by Art. In a haste, I forgot to read the topic till the very end and did not realize that the ring was meant for a man (at least it said, "manly").
So, I found Art on Etsy and asked him to make something similar for me. I sent him Gene's Lloliondo spessartite. In honesty, it is much more included than other Lloliondos but it is also spectral. It glows. It has beautiful color.
Art is a wonderful person to deal with, a visuonary. He comes from Vilnus so I thought the ring should be named "Saule", "the Sun" in Litvanian.
Art offered to name it "Desert Sun".

art'sring111.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That ring is unique, and very artistic.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I like it. Actually, I wanted a ring like this for a long time. When I look at it I see knights, beauties, chain mails, swords ... promise rings. Maltese crosses. Templars. Crusaders under the desert sun.

artsring222.jpg

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
crasru said:
Yes, I like it. Actually, I wanted a ring like this for a long time. When I look at it I see knights, beauties, chain mails, swords ... promise rings. Maltese crosses. Templars. Crusaders under the desert sun.

Wow to the ring and wow to your wonderful imagery!
There is a fine line between what I would describe as the industrial screws-and-rivets look which I don't like and this ring of yours which I do like. I hope you show us the hand shots because I think this will really look good being worn. Congratulations Crasru

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring, very steampunk like. Is it comfortable?
:appl:

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
This is really cool! What are the sidestones?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i'd wear it.......i like the unusual. i like the clean, clear lines and the coolness of the metal in contrast with the stones. nice work.

MoZo

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I like it! It has a cool modern aesthetic which is really appealing!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I like that a lot, and your imagery is inspiring!!!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL - thank you very much for your compliment. You know how much I value your opinion!
Klewis - I am a simple person and my only aesthetic principle is, "I like it". This ring is noncomformist, unuque, and I know I shall wear it.
Lovinggems - I suspect it is. I have not received it yet.
Jstar - cognac diamonds.
MovieZombie, Cind11 and Marriedtiger - thank you all very much! I shall wear it!

I only wonder how many spessartines can a person wear on a given day... I now have two spessartine rings, two spessartine pendants, a pair of spessartine earrings... spessy.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I love it.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
That's an amazing design! It looks like a little furnace, with the beautiful spess on fire! I can't wait to see the hand shots. I apologize if I missed it, but what are the metals in the ring?

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crasru, your ring is stunning! I love the mix of traditional and modern elements. I definitely get that sense of medieval times, of knights and shields and seals; in fact, the cognac diamonds are reminiscent of sentries standing guard on their own towers. And your Spess just glows!

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Very cool. Art's ring is "art" for sure.

I can't find him on Etsy. Do you have a link, by chance? Tx.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://www.etsy.com/shop/artsgallery

Herekittykitty - thank you for your commentary. Aoife - you have very nice jewelry; thank you for noticing mine. Interesting comparison; a spessartive "burning" in a furnace. It is silver.
Marymm - than you for your compliment. Very interesting comparision with the sentries.
Sonomacounty - thank you very much; I know you are very supportive person.

Can't wait for it myself. Art has many more feminine things in his store. He worked with Alex Sepkus and their styles are similar. One of design books I have features one of my favorite Sepkus's rings - it is red spinel in yellow gold and silver. Amazing ring; I do not know if it is somewhere online. I am now looking for a good red stone to ask Art to set it. Unfortunately, Eric's stone, while big and beautiful, is not cut for such a setting and there is only one way I can set it. The spinel from Tan is too small. So... if anyone sees a beautiful red stone... page me ( :lol:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK... Imagine this only with red-red spinel inside.

http://www.vonbargens.com/catalog/detail.php?product=5259&category=1082

My point is, Art works in gold, too. But delayedreaction's ring was made with red garnet; mine is yellow spessartite. It seems that yellow-orange colors fit these astere rings best. I was thinking about amethyst cabochon but it would be too dark.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for posting the link to the etsy shop. He has done some really intriguing pieces. Aside from yours and delayedreaction's pieces, I love the stackable archaic look silver bands. When my younger daughter got married, her husband was looking for exactly these kind of rings, and couldn't find anything. They were doing the whole Steampunk/Gothic wedding thing, and if they had only known about this artist!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, AgentP, not yet. It should be in transit. But I really liked the cathedral ring you featured. Pretty interesting designer! Too bad it is citrine, though. But I marked this designer in my favorites because he has view, and vision.
I liked his rings with heart-shaped stones. It is hard to make heart-shaped stones into something that would not look Valentine-like, but he managed to create unique pieces! Can't even imagine someone creating a unique piece out of a heart-shaped garnet and two doves... How did he do it?

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I love it...a wonderful modern piece of art! :love:

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
What a neat piece! Your spess looks awesome in it.

pierreone

Shiny_Rock
Very cool and unique! The top looks like a box full of fire. Can't wait to see hand shots.

empress

Shiny_Rock
The contrast of the cool metals and hot stone are awesome. Quite a ring!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooo, I love it!

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
wow wow wow. That is awesome and different. Wearable art from Art. hehe

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Mochi! Kismet, thank you. I love your jewelry, you know. Thank you, Pierreone, MakingTheGrade, Empress and Treebean!
All of you are so nice and supportive! I shall post hand shots as soon as I get the ring!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This ring is going to garner a lot of attention and raise eye brows. It is very distinctive, modern, yet wearable. Definitely a lovely piece of art.

delayedreaction

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that ring is awesome. (Was at the Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear so I missed this thread until now.) Can't wait for some handshots!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, Chrono, I know it is unconventional. Yesterday I thought about my jewelry concept. I am pretty conservative in my clothes, but jewelry is totally eclectic. It is like having a house which is well-furnished, everything solid,with sofas you can sit on, and mixing styles of paintings on the walls - classic with ultra-modern, etc. I do not know if many people would agree with me, though. My super-feminine gold-and-diamond bracelet is featured in jewelry forum, poor photographs, sorry.

Delayedreaction - I really like your ring. And the stone is so beautiful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results