shape
carat
color
clarity

Article on e-ring trends

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
That was fun.

WARNING - following sentence for sparking discussion only! ... -

I must be getting ''old'' though... halos, cocktail-sized coloured stones, pave everything and intricate fiddly raised settings seem to gild the lily (diamond) in my view, particularly when it comes to an e-ring, which is worn day in, day out, forever.

There I was thinking minimalism was the statement of the millenium?

Or is it that intricate jewels are the last hurrah for the girlie-girl, who wears fashionable grunge-grey and black, and goes home to her sleek, modern apartment with polished concrete floors, two-pac shiny handle-free furniture and sleek stone kitchens with flush-fitting lights?

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That was quite interesting and there were some beautiful rings in on the page.

I personally like #2 Diamonds All Around although you would never know that since I have a single solitaire ering. I''m not big on the colored stones for erings, but I know that they are quite popular. I guess I am traditional in that aspect. Also, not crazy about the raised settings, as I like my lower settings so it doesn''t hit as many things.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Thanks that was interesting to read
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2009 3:05:15 AM
Author: LaraOnline
That was fun.

I must be getting ''old'' though... halos, cocktail-sized coloured stones, pave everything and intricate fiddly raised settings seem to gild the lily (diamond) in my view, particularly when it comes to an e-ring, which is worn day in, day out, forever.

Or is it that intricate jewels are the last hurrah for the girlie-girl, who wears fashionable grunge-grey and black, and goes home to her sleek, modern apartment with polished concrete floors, two-pac shiny handle-free furniture and sleek stone kitchens with flush-fitting lights?

That''s what I love about you Lara, you always call it how you see it!
28.gif

I can see your point.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I don't live with two-pac furniture in a fash studio apartment though!
9.gif

Maybe that's why I like my solitaire!
3.gif

ETA: and maybe two-pac is sooo five years ago, anyway!? What is New York up to these days? Floral brights?

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Fun article. Not sure how correct it is?

I''m in NYC and I still see mostly solitares on plain bands. I have seen a few pave rings but not enough to say it''s a trend.

Who knows though. Maybe I''m not looking hard enough!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/18/2009 3:05:15 AM
Author: LaraOnline
That was fun.

I agree with you. I kinda like the girlie-girl look, it''s romantic and sweet, but I can''t see all the intricate settings holding up through being worn everyday, children, caring for eldery parents. They must sparkle like crazy with all those diamonds though!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
This rings are mostly good eye candy! Hard to transform it to an e-ring on reality.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2009 12:16:53 PM
Author: elle_chris
Fun article. Not sure how correct it is?

I'm in NYC and I still see mostly solitares on plain bands. I have seen a few pave rings but not enough to say it's a trend.

Who knows though. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough!
Ditto, I see lots of solitares also. I do like that they think the antique like settings are here to stay. It will be interesting to see how correct this article is in 10 yrs. thanks for posting this.
1.gif

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Anyone have a bigger picture of that whiteflash ring on there?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results