shape
carat
color
clarity

artcarved bridal ???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

evilin

Rough_Rock
HI,
What do u think about settings from artcarved bridal???? Is it good manufacturer???
Is palladium better than white gold??

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
If you do a search on palladium, you''ll find a TON of threads about palladium vs. white gold vs. platinum.

I have an Artcarved wedding band, and I love it. The diamonds are super sparkly, and although my band is VERY thin (1.7mm), it''s sturdy. I''ve had it for over a year and haven''t lost a diamond or had anything come loose. My e-ring (white gold, not art carved) has been rhodium dipped twice now, but the palladium has remained shiny and white.

evilin

Rough_Rock
ok...I read a lot and now im even more confused!!
23.gif
Platinum is to expensive for me so I have to decide between white gold and palladium. If u were me, which one would u choose for bridal setting?...

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Well, I have both! So clearly I''m not very good at making my mind up either.

I''d say the Palladium. Depending on your skin make-up, WG can "turn" more yellowy. I notice after about 6 mos - a friend of mine has skin that makes her ring yellow REALLY quickly. While I didn''t think it would bother me (it''s the underside of my ring), I don''t like how WG yellows with time. DH''s band has gone a year without being re-rhodiumed and it''s past time to do it. I do love how WG is super shiny, but my palladium band has remained super shiny as well and hasn''t really gotten the patina that platinum does. It''s still very white.

evilin

Rough_Rock

Thank you, i dont like yellowish color too so im choosing palladium! :) I read also that many ppl decide to made their ring basket with platinum because gold isnt the best for prongs if the diamons is more than 1 ct. Is palladium as good to hold diamond as platinum?

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
From what I understand, palladium has the same strength as platinum. HTH!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results