shape
carat
color
clarity

Art of Platinum - Leon Mege New Website

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well Ana just brought this to my attention in another thread but you gals must check out Leon's new site, www.artofplatinum.com

I about flipped when I saw this one
30.gif

r369-08W.jpg

or what about this

r367-18W.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about this one

r198-38W.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I knew it!

The ''Death by Diamond'' part is the catalog - it wasn''t there last time I tried. The link is: THIS

5.gif

This is not the only shop making such things, but there aren''t many online that I know of, and none comes with meaningful pictures like this.

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
MMMmmmMM. Mrssalvo I think the last one you posted is my dream setting!
30.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
siiiiiigh... LEON! always so drool-worthy...

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I wish I could go back in time! I want one!!! Okay the RHR might have come much sooner than later. DROOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!................................................................

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes, seeing some of his new stuff, or at least things i never saw before does not help my decision any easier
3.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh that last one is to die for! Love it! Must add it to my detailed prongs/crown thread!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Well, you know what they say? If you have to ask how much it is, then you can''t afford it...lol

dyanne

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Bit too much sugar for a dime...
But if you were a pave fan I can see this stuff being mesmerizing.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow I just saw those, very pretty.
30.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/30/2005 10:01:27 AM
Author: blodthecat
Well, you know what they say? If you have to ask how much it is, then you can''t afford it...lol

dyanne
I was going to say ''maybe you do not have to ask'' ... because there used to be a page with some price hints. It isn''t there anymore - I think the simple rings start somewhere shy of 2k and average (whatever that means - I bet not the out of the world stuff!) 3-5k. There''s such diversity there, I wouldn''t count much on such quotes. The Pricescopers who went for Art of Platinum should know how close or far from reality this was. Other designer brands are not cheaper - and definitely not better, - or at least I have no clue what o find wrong in those rings.

Interestingly, there is mention of Pricescope on the new AOP site: Here

Too bad no one from this institution ever drops a line
7.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
I found this bit to be interesting:

Colors lower than "J" and grades below "SI" are usually not used by quality-conscious consumers. They are used in an atrocious jewelry commonly sold at discount stores, on television and increasingly on Ebay.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/30/2005 12:16:50 PM
Author: Matatora
Bit too much sugar for a dime...
But if you were a pave fan I can see this stuff being mesmerizing.

Case in point: PINK snowball ring

Look, maybe I am not a fan, but I would keep something like that on display for the unusual technical torture it represents.
You could have the trace of a pen covered in diamonds at about the same width. At less than half a point, these diamonds look like frost
30.gif

For the sake of such things, perhaps they could convert some micro electronics tech to better use? I could wait a bit more for the next generation of laptops. Take care of the important things in life, guys!
9.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/30/2005 1:03:21 PM
Author: curlygirl
I found this bit to be interesting:

Colors lower than ''J'' and grades below ''SI'' are usually not used by quality-conscious consumers. They are used in an atrocious jewelry commonly sold at discount stores, on television and increasingly on Ebay.
Well, it is probably arbitrary - I know a couple of Ashas set in Art of Platinum settings and they say they will work with any type of stone customers send their way.

Does that sound right to you?

Most shops draw an arbitrary line: e.g. Tiffany and Facets at I-VS2.

A diamond is a diamond - there are lucky ones all along the scale. For example, I could never decide if some color grade is ''bad''. Loads of visible inclusions (whatever grade that is) and a hateful cutting are self explanatory though.
14.gif

Can you tell I am browsing that site as I type
37.gif

... enough is enough. This sounds like an add already and there''s no need.

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
Pricing is reasonable, all things being equal. I can tell you that the Beaudry I had ordered was $11,700.00 for the setting. The Leon is about $6,000.00, so I was pleasantly surprised by the pricing. My ring will have alot of pave but, the more simple settings can be had for $2000.00.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree his pricing is reasonalbe for a custom designer setting. He quoted me $2300 on the pave setting I was first looking into.

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone else have spare buckets I can borrow....??

I hope someday I would have the oppotunity to have Leon work on a ring for me!!
30.gif
9.gif
3.gif
16.gif
37.gif

buckets[1].jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
lmao- awesome firerock

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are beautiful. I love his work.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results