shape
carat
color
clarity

Art Deco Style Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

towers

Rough_Rock
I am currently looking for the perfect art deco engagement ring. I have a budget of $6000 and could be flexible. I found this ring at http://antiqueengagementrings.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=1969. It is the perfect style but the stone is smaller than what I am looking for. I am wondering where I might find rings of a similiar style new or antique. Also I was wondering where i might be able to have a custom ring made in that style.

I am new to the forum. I have been browsing for some time and have found it very helpful. Thank you in advance for any advice you may have.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think someone like Maytal Hannah could custom make something like that for you that would be STUNNING. She does beautiful antique-ish work.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Van Craeynest has a couple of band styles (similar to the setting you linked) that likely have a setting counterpart. Here's a link to some in their " jewel collection ". I'll bet they could modify the shank too, to make it more delicate.

ETA- VC can do custom too, or perhaps modification of existing styles. They're jewelry is die-struck so it's an entirely different process than a lot other companies who do custom.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2008 7:52:25 PM
Author: Love in Bloom
Van Craeynest has a couple of band styles (similar to the setting you linked) that likely have a setting counterpart. Here''s a link to some in their '' jewel collection ''. I''ll bet they could modify the shank too, to make it more delicate.

ETA- VC can do custom too, or perhaps modification of existing styles. They''re jewelry is die-struck so it''s an entirely different process than a lot other companies who do custom.

Ohhh good call. They make gorgeous stuff too!!!

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
What a pretty ring! This is a predictable suggestion from me, since I love Single Stone like Love in Bloom loves Van Craeynest, but this is a similar setting from Single Stone and they may have an antique stone and other settings that could work within your budget. Many PSrs have worked with them and my wedding band was made by Single Stone; I found them completely delightful to work with.
ETA - Welcome to Pricescope, by the way!
35.gif

MD04.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
oh-I second Single Stone. They may be resetting my stone.
27.gif

And VC is simply amazing!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
http://www.jewelsbyericagrace.com/

gorgeous stuff, and apparently great to work with.

ETA: just wanted to add, you can definately get something larger in your budget. If you want sidestones, I would say at least a ct is possible .
Happy hunting !

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2008 7:55:20 PM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 9/19/2008 7:52:25 PM
Van Craeynest has a couple of band styles (similar to the setting you linked) that likely have a setting counterpart. Here's a link to some in their ' jewel collection '. I'll bet they could modify the shank too, to make it more delicate.

ETA- VC can do custom too, or perhaps modification of existing styles. They're jewelry is die-struck so it's an entirely different process than a lot other companies who do custom.

Ohhh good call. They make gorgeous stuff too!!!
ITA neatfreak, but you know I'm partial! VC is the first company that came to mind when I saw the one in the link because of the deco bands , although I'm sure SS could rock it too. I would be interested to see how the prices from Van Craeynest and Single Stone compare. Perhaps Fay Cullen could even be a lower priced alternative if there is a setting that fits the bill, though probably not a custom setting.

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
just my 2 cents but van craeynest and maytal are more art nouveau and victorian inspired. deco typically doesnt have the pierced netting and floral swirls and swags. deco tends to be very geometric...........with neoclassic elements

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2008 8:33:06 PM
Author: coatimundi
oh-I second Single Stone. They may be resetting my stone.
27.gif

And VC is simply amazing!
agree or also some Tacori have an antique feel to them.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2008 10:33:23 PM
Author: bgray
just my 2 cents but van craeynest and maytal are more art nouveau and victorian inspired. deco typically doesnt have the pierced netting and floral swirls and swags. deco tends to be very geometric...........with neoclassic elements
I think it's just terminology, bgray. I'm not attempting to label a company's work "this" or a specific designer's style "that" and I think we're all just brainstorming where to find something that works with a larger stone and looks similar. Neatfreak suggested Maytal and I suggested VC as they both have the ability to do custom work, knowing the techniques required to replicate such a piece.

Here is the setting the OP likes, for reference:

decobiton.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
another view...

decobit.jpg

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/19/2008 11:35:13 PM

Date: 9/19/2008 10:33:23 PM
Author: bgray
I think it''s just terminology, bgray. I''m not attempting to label a company''s work ''this'' or a specific designer''s style ''that'' and I think we''re all just brainstorming where to find something that works with a larger stone and looks similar. Neatfreak suggested Maytal and I suggested VC as they both have the ability to do custom work, knowing the techniques required to replicate such a piece.

Here is the setting the OP likes, for reference:
I am sorry. I wasnt implying anything --I guess I assumed when she said perfect deco ring i was thinking DECO.............

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Triple vote for SingleStone-

towers

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all of the advice. I really liked what I saw on the single stone web site and am contacting them to get more information and discuss what I am looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results