shape
carat
color
clarity

ART DECO SOLITAIRE

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sassycatz

Rough_Rock
Hello there,
some advice from the diamond experts out there would be greatly appreciated.
I bought an antique ring from a jeweller in Italy who auctions pieces on Ebay, his 100% feedback suggests he is reliable.
The ring is a 1.10 old miner cushion cut colour grade E with clarity of VVS1 (possibly better) set in a hand made heavy platinum shank with stepped sides which has been tested 100% platinum but has no hallmarks. It is from the Art Deco period. The price was set at £2100.00 (Sorry, dont know what that is in US dollars)Buy It Now.
Obviously i want to get this ring assessed asap when i receive it for insurance purposes and i have been told that if i am not happy with the purchase i can return the ring within 3 days of receiving it.
Now im definitely no expert but it seems like a bargain to me. What do you experts think.
Here is the link to view the ring
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4905791637&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT#ebayphotohosting

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,

The diamond looks pretty from the photo. Since it's mounted and estimated to be 1.10 carats, E color, and VVS1 clarity, there's a good possibility that all of these estimations are not accurate. The stone may be warmer than an E and the clarity may be more like a VS or SI. Doesn't mean you didn't get a good deal, just be sure to get into an appraiser right away and get the correct info with the stone *out of the mounting* so you know what you're buying. The seller grants a very slim amount of time for returns so you need to act quickly.

I've purchased from ebay and so have others and usually if the seller is auctioning a diamond piece without certification, it seems generally the diamonds are of slightly lower grade. . .but still can be very beautiful! Even if the stone is a G, SI1, it may sparkle like crazy and be worth every cent.

Michelle

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I don't like that he said "Not a common Old Cut Diamond
But an Absolutely Internal Flawless Antique Old Miner Cushion cut Diamond" and then later on, "Grading E in Color (if not Better) VVS1 in Clarity (if not Better)."

If it's VVS1, why's he calling it "absolutely internally flawless"? If he's not prepared to stand by its "IF" grade, as the "VVS1" claim suggests, then he shouldn't say that.

sassycatz

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice so far, i could have done with this forum before going ahead with the transaction.I will be very interested to hear what an appraiser has to say about it.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 8/17/2004 10:17:02 PM sassycatz wrote:

Thanks for the advice so far, i could have done with this forum before going ahead with the transaction.I will be very interested to hear what an appraiser has to say about it.----------------

err... I would definitely ask an appraiser about the ring, with it in hand! Just liek the other posters, I have no reason to believe this is E-VVS, but it is still good to know exactly how far from this it is. It is not possible to tell much from photos - everything is relative in picture, even the size of the stone, not to mention small details of color and clarity
read.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results