shape
carat
color
clarity

Art Deco Sapphire Line Bracelet

yanaazul

Shiny_Rock
From Lang Antiques in San Francisco. I had been enchanted by the idea of a line bracelet for a long time -- just sapphires, no diamonds. It is so unbelievably delicate. I gave a passing thought to the fact that everything I have is 18K yellow gold, but really, all you see is blue. (And such blue... :love: ) So this is my very first piece in platinum, and probably only.

The thing that just cannot be captured in pictures is how the french cuts catch the light as you move -- constant sparkle. Princess cuts are just not the same, I guess it's the way the facets are angled.

Oh, I am so in love... Anyway, pictures!

yanaline1.jpg

yanaline2.jpg

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
It really is a beautiful line of blue on your wrist. Enjoy your lovely bracelet.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl:

yes, a very lovely blue line! nicely done!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful bracelet -- I like how delicate it is & the color is super. Great find!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Quite the statement piece! It looks wonderful on your wrist and I love that colour!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful lapis blue - just a line of blue across the wrist.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful blues!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
it's gorgeous, as is your ring! i love the color of both.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Ooooooooooh!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH beautiful!!! It will go perfectly with your collection.

And your Adzia sapphire ring is SO GORGEOUS still.

(And sneaky you, changing your name - when did that happen?)

yanaazul

Shiny_Rock
Thank you DiaDiva, movie zombie, JewelFreak, Enerchi, Chrono, artdecogirl, Catmom, innerkitten, and distracts!

I was a total driving hazard this week! That perfect, classic, sapphire blue... As much as I love my Gemfix/Adzia ring in its own neon glowy way, there's nothing like that royal blue, like looking over the deep ocean. (Like distracts' ring!)

And did I mention how light-catching the french cuts are? sparklesparklesparkle.

8-) Yeah, I did switch the username, the other is my actual real name. I got the idea from other posters that have done the same, everyone understands that it's best to not have immediate linkage to rl on this forum, I think. Yana is an actual nickname of mine, though.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Truly stunning! Congrats on your new bracelet. It's so classic and elegant.

yanaazul

Shiny_Rock
Thanks kgizo!

Here's a closer pic. The stones look dark, but you can see the milgrain and engraving. I need one of those ollo (?) clip lenses for my phone. Or a real camera.

It's in fantastic condition. I'm going to be so much more careful with it than I ever have been with my engagement ring... Oh! I should mention Lang has fantastic boxes, or I should say more properly, cases. Leather, lined with satin and velvet, very vintage style. I'll take a pic tomorrow, I know how Pricescopers love the fancy boxes. :lol: A lovely case to keep the treasure safe and protected.

yanaline3.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic color, and your ring is to die for... A close up photo of the bracelet shows how well-matched the stones are and how well it is made. Congratulations, beautiful piece.

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
That is TO DIE FOR :love: :love: :love:

I wants one :lol:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just beautiful! Thanks for the close up of the bracelet! I've been pondering on this since you first posted it... I'm in agreement with Echidna---my life would be SOOO much more perfect with a french cut sapphire bracelet in it! :naughty:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The close up picture of your bracelet gives a new appreciation when one sees the fine and well done milgraine.

yanaazul

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Arkteia, Echidna, Enerchi!

Oh, you want to die for? Twice as wide as mine (and several times more expensive!), just heart-stopping blue:

http://www.langantiques.com/products/item/40-91-4032

Mine fits my life & style more, though (not that I could afford the wide one!). Typical Silicon Valley tech office where everyone wears jeans, and dressing up to go out entails ...dressier jeans.

ETA: and thanks Chrono! Isn't it amazing? The Art Deco period truly was a marvel of craftmanship.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Reminds me of the Pacific Ocean.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results