shape
carat
color
clarity

Art Deco Rings

shannoncw12

Rough_Rock
I'm new here, but this seems like great source for information about jewelry :)

I was given two family heirlooms from my fiancé's family.

The first ring, was his great grandmother's engagement ring from approximately 1923 and is now my engagement ring! The main stone is a 5mm round diamond and the triangular stones are sapphires. The metal is platinum.

I believe the second ring came from the same ancestor (guessing similar era) and it appears to either be amethyst or rhodolite garnet. Unfortunately, it is pretty damaged but I am hoping to have it repaired so I can wear it.

I have no idea what the monetary value of these rings is (I honesty care more about the sentimental value).
Any insight on either of these pieces would be greatly appreciated.

fullsizerender-1-1.jpg

img_13724.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice rings! I'm afraid I can't offer any insights, except that the way the diamond in the first ring is suspended between the prongs reminds me of a belcher setting (especially popular in the early 1900's) although technically I don't think it is a belcher setting. Be sure to have the prongs checked by a good jeweler if you're going to be wearing it every day. They look very substantial, but they're also quite worn, and you want to make sure that they're holding the diamond securely in place.

shannoncw12

Rough_Rock
I've never heard of the belcher setting, very interesting! I am having the prongs and the shank redone by a jeweler to make sure they are strong enough for everyday wear. They are also enhancing the worn down engraving and replacing some of the small stones that were damaged/missing. Can't wait to wear my restored heirloom ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results