shape
carat
color
clarity

art Deco Platinum Diamond Line Bracelet Wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chandra25

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I am really new to this website but I think it might be exactly what I need.

I am looking for a 50th birthday gift for myself. I want an art deco platinum diamond line bracelet with engraving on the gallery and millgrain detailing around the stones. I live in a small town where there are few shopping options so I have been looking online. I also HATE to overpay. I got a gorgeous 1930''s platinum diamond ring at an incredible price and it brings me joy every time I wear it, not only because of its beauty, but because it was such a great deal. I want my bracelet to be the same: beautiful and very well priced.

Here''s the problem. I have seen prices all over the board. The most expensive price I saw was $13K for a 5.5 carat bracelet. This was at an upscale antique jewelry store in San Francisco (Lang''s). I have seen 5 carat bracelets for 11,500 and an 8 carat one priced at 11,700 (but they already offered to lower the price to 9500 when I said I couldn''t afford the listed price). I have also seen a couple that sold at auction houses. These were by far the best prices but already sold by the time I saw the information. One was a 7 carat bracelet that sold for about $6500. Another was a 9 carat bracelet (H, SI) that sold for $4887.50. WOW. I wish I would have known about that one as it is exactly what I am looking for. Here''s the link to it:

http://www.aspireauctions.com/auction81/details/19658.html

My question is, where can I find a bracelet like this at a good price? Should I get involved in auctions? Is there some faster way to find one?

Thanks much for anyone''s advice!

Chandra

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
As a recent owner of a vintage braacelet... I think you need to see them up close. This one is around the same ct weight as mine and sort of looks similar with milgrain, bezel, and graduated stones... BUT the workmanship/detail is not as nice and the prices is more than I paid for mine at Fred Leighton's. I did not pay sticker- but most of the time they will always go lower when asked.

http://www.langantiques.com/detail.php?nu=40-1-674&row=&return_page=&bg=../jpg_40/40-1-674.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results