shape
carat
color
clarity

Art Deco or Inspired?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apologies in advance as these pictures are from screenshots of video. I pretty much buy for aesthetic and don’t worry too much about whether something is authentic antique or inspired by repro. I haven’t come across a cluster ring like this though.

Just curious what you guys think on this one? I can see clearly that some milgrain on the shoulders has worn down, the diamonds are old cuts (although that is hard to tell here) and the inside of the band looks to be 18k yellow while the top and shoulders are white, maybe platinum?

50078719-C0A0-4DA2-931D-2C938981E692.jpeg

C3F5F47B-3E9A-4193-BD5C-ADD0EDD78683.jpeg

586925D1-7F1C-43EC-AB69-EAEC01E27125.jpeg

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
It actually looks pretty good, being topped is what you'd see. Are there any solder repairs or wear to the under gallery that you know of?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It actually looks pretty good, being topped is what you'd see. Are there any solder repairs or wear to the under gallery that you know of?

Unfortunately this is all the information I have for now. I feel like it’s authentic Art Deco, but then I’ve also felt like both my sons were girls when I was pregnant. So, having a feeling doesn’t seem to work so well for me lol!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wish IG vendors would do pics AND vids so that you can see the detail better. It is so hard to tell from vid screenshots. It is very pretty. Don’t think I’ve seen many two tone metal reproductions so think it is likely authentic.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately this is all the information I have for now. I feel like it’s authentic Art Deco, but then I’ve also felt like both my sons were girls when I was pregnant. So, having a feeling doesn’t seem to work so well for me lol!

My gut tells me it's the real deal.
If it isn't, it's good enough as to make no matter:lol:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah I agree @kgizo, I’ve noticed a lot more IG sellers doing story sales and drops without posting still pictures, it certainly is a disadvantage to the buyer. I too would think that a repro would be all one color metal, why go to the extra effort since it’s not something a lot of people will notice?

@ItsMainelyYou, right that’s what I was thinking, it doesn’t scream I’m not authentic. Well it actually screamed “Yada take me home!” ;-)

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s very beautiful but it isn’t saying “art deco” to me. It lacks any design elements or construction shapes that I would associate with Art Deco. To my eye I think it’s earlier, 1900s, late Victorian style.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Bron357, I was going by the seller’s description, but I know that you know your stuff. That’s rather exciting it might be an earlier piece though!

Do you think the stone is synthetic? I know it’s not possible to tell from a picture, just wondering your thoughts on it. It was described as ruby but it looks like pink sapphire to me, either lab or otherwise.

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
It’s very beautiful but it isn’t saying “art deco” to me. It lacks any design elements or construction shapes that I would associate with Art Deco. To my eye I think it’s earlier, 1900s, late Victorian style.

I agree, late Victorian jewelry would mixed metal like this.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote period and not repro; the latter would have a treated and not synthetic ruby because at this price point, I don't think anyone would ever check. And there's a lot of work in sourcing that suite of old-cuts for the halo with a selling price severely constrained by the center stone. So it would not seem to make economic sense as a repro.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your thoughts @Smith3!

@LilAlex thanks so much for weighing in. Even if it was a repro, it was not expensive but having an authentic old piece with some history is always nice.

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @Bron357, I was going by the seller’s description, but I know that you know your stuff. That’s rather exciting it might be an earlier piece though!

Do you think the stone is synthetic? I know it’s not possible to tell from a picture, just wondering your thoughts on it. It was described as ruby but it looks like pink sapphire to me, either lab or otherwise.

If the stone was described as synthetic, I'm sure it is. Synthetics are typical for the time. Whether you call a pinkish ruby a ruby or sapphire remains a matter of debate.

Eclectic

Rough_Rock
I am going to say 1930s Brittish. This looks like what was coming out of Britain at that time. Can you ask the seller if there are any hallmarks? Hallmarks would help tremendously in dating it.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @pokerface, luckily I’m not a purist so synthetic or not, as long as the color is what I’m aiming for, then I’ll be happy

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Eclectic, thanks for your input, 1930’s is what the seller dated it whether by experience or hallmarks inside the band, I’m not sure. I’ll let you know if I get more information.

danielle622

Rough_Rock
Apologies in advance as these pictures are from screenshots of video. I pretty much buy for aesthetic and don’t worry too much about whether something is authentic antique or inspired by repro. I haven’t come across a cluster ring like this though.

Just curious what you guys think on this one? I can see clearly that some milgrain on the shoulders has worn down, the diamonds are old cuts (although that is hard to tell here) and the inside of the band looks to be 18k yellow while the top and shoulders are white, maybe platinum?

50078719-C0A0-4DA2-931D-2C938981E692.jpeg

C3F5F47B-3E9A-4193-BD5C-ADD0EDD78683.jpeg

586925D1-7F1C-43EC-AB69-EAEC01E27125.jpeg

This looks real to me. The detail and craftmanship and the fact that it is not exactly perfect (yet still beautiful) makes me believe this is an original Art Deco piece.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This looks real to me. The detail and craftmanship and the fact that it is not exactly perfect (yet still beautiful) makes me believe this is an original Art Deco piece.

Thanks, it is really pretty in person, I posted pictures in another thread, post #2939 in this thread:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results