shape
carat
color
clarity

Art Deco Imperial jadeite ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Most of the time, I am not an impulse buyer when it comes to jewelry, but when I saw this imperial natural color jadeite ring in a vintage platinum and diamond setting at an affordable price, I couldn''t resist. The center stone is natural color "old mine" green imperial jadeite double cabochon measuring 16 x 12x 5.9 mm. The simple platinum and diamond setting is vintage Art Deco. The jade is quite translucent, but it''s hard to show this in pictures. The color is a bit deeper than most new jade, but I think it''s considered a desirable color. It''s a double cabochon, which is an indication that the jade is old, as new ones are cut with flat backs. I am not sure what ''old mine'' means. It may mean it was from an old mine that does not exist anymore, or it''s a descriptive term for a certain green color. The setting does not look like the typical ones made in Asia. The jadeite cab has some imperfections, but if it was perfect, the price would have been beyond my means.

an_jade1.jpg

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Another front view pic

an_jade3.jpg

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Another front view

an_jade6.jpg

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Side view showing pierced gallery and diamonds in shank:

an_jade2.jpg

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
The other side:

an_jade4.jpg

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
From the bottom:

an_jade5.jpg

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Another from the bottom view:

an_jade7.jpg

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Hand shot:

an_jade8.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AN -- what a beautiful hunk of green! You've managed to capture the transluscency well, especially in the hand shot -- where you'd least expect to see it.

Wear your new treasure in good health!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
Love that green!
21.gif
It''s beautiful and the setting is stunning, it really shows the stone well. Wonderful pictures!
36.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Awesome, gorgeous ring. Definitely a wonderful reason for an impulse purchase.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful apple green colour! I think old mine means it came from the older mines where the jade is generally glassier, more translucent. Did you ask the seller if this was treated?

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful piece! Congrats!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUSNESS!
30.gif
I got a thing for green and this ring is absolutely lovely!

-A

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
it is a beautiful Cab! what an extrordinary ring!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
OHHHH!! My heart is pounding! You lucky, lucky lady!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Another beautiful ring and great find! Wear it n health!

cheers--Sharon

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Thjat is a very nice stone..looks like it has good transluscency..the color is so nice..glad you grabbed that up..sweet!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone, and that is just the perfect setting for it.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous gorgeous! What a cool setting!

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for your nice comments. I took a big chance with this ring, but my gut feeling told me it''s the real deal and a rare fine. The jadeite cab was sold to me as natural color but there is no cert. As far as I can tell it is. Guess to be sure, I have to send it to a gem lab to test the absorption spectrum. The setting is not marked, but it looks like genuine Art Deco to me and it also looks like it was custom made for the stone. When I first saw the ring, I thought the jade would look better with more diamonds in a more elaborate mounting. But on closer examination, I like it. The way it is, I can wear it everyday for good luck.

AN

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
What a beauty, wear ii in good health AN.
12.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, a rounded cabochon on both ends. It’s a lovely rich green colour and the setting style is definitely art deco. Congrats on the lucky find, AN!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
AN...... you always find the coolest rings
23.gif
I am truly in awe of your collection.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I love the setting (especially the side view). Beautiful ring.

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
I am almost 100% sure that the jadeite cabochon in this ring is natural color, but I would like to have a cert that says it is natural. Does anyone have any recommendation as to which is the best lab in this country to test jade? A local gemologist/appraiser told me no one locally has the proper equipment to do this. I called GIA today and was told they can test jade in a mounting and the cost is $85 plus return shipping. Since AGTA is out of the gem testing business, is GIA the best choice? I haven''t called AGL yet. I wonder if their mini $25 cert would be sufficient. The shipping costs would be the same. Would GIA be a better choice?

AN

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
try mason kay

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
In the process of trying to find a lab to test my jade cab, I found out that the Raman spectrometer is the instrument used to test treatment. It is very expensive and only a few labs in the country have it, GIA, Mason Kay and AGTA. AGTA is out of the gem testing business. I contacted Mason Kay and found out they do not deal with consumers directly. So I decided to send my antique jade ring to GIA. It took about 10 days. I am pleased to report that the GIA cert says "natural jadeite jade, natural color and no sign of treatment". I needed the reassurance that I bought the "real thing".

AN

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results