shape
carat
color
clarity

Art Deco Engagement Ring

picante27

Shiny_Rock
I've never posted in this forum before, but I have spent a lot of time admiring all the pretty jewelry and have learned a lot.
My engagement ring is an old mine cushion cut diamond. It's estimated to be .62 carat, I in color, and an I1 clarity. The setting is 18k white gold with light filigree. It belonged to my husband's grandmother and has a lot of sentimental value to both of us.
I got the band from ebay. Even though it doesn't match, I like the way it looks and feel like it goes with the e-ring. It's platinum though, and I worry it might damage the white gold over time.
Anyway, I took some pics today and just wanted to share them with you guys :)

20150904_145240-1_perfectlyclear.jpg

20150904_145457_perfectlyclear.jpg

20150904_145634-1_0.jpg

20150904_145207_perfectlyclear.jpg

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So gorgeous! I love that the ring is so sentimental too!

picante27

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the nice compliments :wavey:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think your set is lovely! All my grandmothers ever had were plain wedding bands ;( . Your wedding band looks perfect with it
and in my mind looks to be the same time frame.

picante27

Shiny_Rock
Thanks tyty333
It's funny, my husband's grandmother owned this ring and quite a few others, but she always wore a plain gold wedding band. She kept the other jewelery hidden away and never wore it except on very special occasions.
Just a different mindset, i guess.

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful set! I love it! :love: Looks stunning on you! Maybe you can find a very skinny white gold spacer band if you are concerned about the wear on your ER. At least it will rub that instead of your family ring and lay right next to the platinum band. The skinny band would be cheap enough to replace over time instead of repairing or rebuilding the ER, I would think.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your mine cut diamond and the setting as well. Enjoy those chunky facets and flashes of color!

picante27

Shiny_Rock
Thanks lovesvintage and lisaRN! I some how missed seeing your posts until now :confused:
A spacer is a great idea. I've tried adding another thin band to the stack, but haven't found one that I really love yet. Maybe I should just go for a thin solid band...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results