shape
carat
color
clarity

Art deco dinner ring

Antiquelover4

Rough_Rock
Trade
I just wanted to share a few pictures of my grandmother's art deco dinner ring. She actually purchased this ring at a flea market for $3.00 years ago, apparently the seller thought the ring was a fake. I do not have the full specs on the ring but the setting is platinum, and the center stone is a little over 1 carat. She let me borrow this ring for my upcoming wedding, and I intend to have this ring be my 'something borrowed, old, and blue.' Enjoy.

_2966.jpg

_2967.jpg

marilyn3.jpg

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that is EXQUISITE! Such a unique and beautiful setting. :love:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I can't believe someone sold that for $3! Even if it was tinfoil and glass it's beauty and design is worth way more than that. Amazing find!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Whoa - talk about the deal of a lifetime! It's absolutely gorgeous.

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
That ring is AMAZING!! I absolutely love it! :appl: :love: :naughty:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Deal of the century! Wow! :love:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous ring! I really love the overall look of it!! and $3 at a flea market?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Talk about the find of the century! :naughty:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A) That is one of the most beautiful things I have EVER seen, and I hope you post many more pics.

B) Your grandmother - and you! - must derive even more satisfaction from the backstory. WOW, indeed!

C) Apparently, this happens with these beautiful old rings and their hard-to-ID craftsmanship - a friend of mine got a similar one as a casual gift from a new friend. Wrapped in a piece of tissue paper. She saw it at the bottom of her jewel box, thought, "Oh, that old costume piece my grandma gave me ... I never wear it, but I bet my new buddy would love it!" So she brought it to lunch wrapped up in a Kleenex to keep it safe in her purse. My jaw dropped when I heard that story - there's something so ironic about the fact that now we look at this kind of amazing attention to detail and rich, sumptuous material and think "Oh, it must be fake ...."

emeraldluvr

Rough_Rock
What a stunning ring! Absolutely magnificent.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
OMG that is like a PS fairy tale lol!!! What a great story, and how special to be able to wear on your wedding day too, just lovely.
It will look absolutely beautiful. the cut is an interesting use of a square stone, too. :)

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
The detail is exquisite! I cannot believe she found that at a flea market for $3!!!

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
That is a stunning ring, and WOW what a deal!! :love:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Holy moly $3???! That is beyond awesome!!! What a beautiful ring, and it is perfect for your something borrowed, old, and blue!!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I totally have to start hitting the flea markets! What an incredible find!! It's gorgeous!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful - love, love, love all the detailing. What did it look like when your grandmother found it? Was it in good condition or was it a hidden treasure?

amelie_violette

Rough_Rock
ah, I'm curious about this too!! it's lovely!!!

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like it was meant to be hers...That just doesn't even happen once in a blue moon. Wow! Love the design too. Just lovely!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - what a find! And what a beautiful ring to wear for your "something blue!"

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my GOD. That is STUNNING! That's the kind of deal I dream of getting, haha!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
*hyperventilates* OMG that is so beautiful :love:

Finding it for $3 - I literally DREAM of that happening to me..... :naughty:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Such a stunning ring and to find it at a market for next to nothing --- INSANITY!! This is the kind of tale that becomes a legend!! Kudo's!!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous and an amazing find!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I seriously need to go flea market shopping! I can't believe that was only $3!!!!!! :-o What a beautiful ring :love:

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Holy moly...moly...moly.... Hyperventilation....be still my heart! What a ring and story! :appl: :appl: :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! :love: I love it!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful and inspires me to visit flea markets! What an amazing deal!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results