shape
carat
color
clarity

Art cut gems

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Is Art Cut Gems reliable? I''ve been looking over the stones and found a few I''d love, but I want to make sure that I''m getting something decent for the price. It would be my first stone purchase, so I don''t want to end up with a stinker.
6.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I have three pieces so far from them.

A kunzite, neon blue apatite and a 4.37ct octagonal Royal Rhodolite.

The last is seriously one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. You turn it and it goes from raspberry to deep deep red and then has a violety blue flash off it every now and then.

I''m currently working on sourcing another stone with Rick, the owner.

Email him and ask as many questions as you have. My rhodolite wasn''t on the website, so I wrote and asked if he had anything of the sort of size, colour, shape etc that I was after. He recommended this particular stone that wasn''t on the website.

There are a couple of vendors whose eyes I trust as much as my own and he is one of them.

I am a very happy customer!
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Unequivocally.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it doesn''t get much better than recommendations from Pandora and Harriet! I went ahead and bought the stone I had my eye on. Haha, now I''m a little nervous to share, because I''m afraid it might not be "perfect" but I think it''s gorgeous. And I deserved a graduation gift to myself, dangit. It''s the first stone in my pet rock collection, and I''m pretty excited. Now I just have to wait until I can find/afford a setting.
9.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Tell, tell, tell!

Don't tell me it's that green tourmaline...
15.gif

ETA: Just been to have a look and I have a bit of an idea
31.gif

Does it begin with an H??? If so, it looks lovely.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
No, actually, my budget is a tad bit smaller than that. Which is why I was so excited about finding something actually within my budget. So I got this amethyst: Princesss'' pet rock

I love the deep purple. It''s so pretty!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your graduation and your first pet rock!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Aww, thank you, Harriet!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/7/2008 11:15:04 PM
Author: princesss
No, actually, my budget is a tad bit smaller than that. Which is why I was so excited about finding something actually within my budget. So I got this amethyst: Princesss'' pet rock

Ah, I thought you might have gone for the Hessonite Garnet that sold last night as well!

Looks like a lovely stone and a great colour.

We''ll want to see what you do with it when it arrives - come and show us photos!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s very pretty princesss!! Congratulations on your graduation and I can''t wait to see how you get it set. You do realize however, that once you start you can''t stop collecting!
31.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2008 9:08:30 AM
Author: Catmom
It''s very pretty princesss!! Congratulations on your graduation and I can''t wait to see how you get it set. You do realize however, that once you start you can''t stop collecting!
31.gif

That''s the plan!

I can''t wait to get it set. Unfortunately, I have to while I search for a setting, a place to get it set, and the money to set it! It should be a lot of fun, though. I''m really excited. Right now I''m thinking I''ll end up with a simple solitaire at first, and eventually I might reset it into a Legacy-esque setting. But I''m off to search for settings.
10.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2008 6:42:52 AM
Author: Pandora II

Date: 6/7/2008 11:15:04 PM
Author: princesss

Ah, I thought you might have gone for the Hessonite Garnet that sold last night as well!

Looks like a lovely stone and a great colour.

We''ll want to see what you do with it when it arrives - come and show us photos!
Pandora, are you ever good! I''ll confess, I purchased the hessonite. I am taking a look at a red spinel, but tossed in the hessonite because doing so actually reduced the price of the spinel. I nearly picked an amethyst as my freebie. But, I''m glad I left it for princesss!!
2.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
LOL, that hessonite is beautiful.

Please post pictures when you get it.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2008 1:19:45 PM
Author: Pandora II
LOL, that hessonite is beautiful.

Please post pictures when you get it.
I''ve got some pictures up now HERE.

shinyrocks

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I''ll chime in on Art Cut Gems too. As the others have said (and as you''ve found out apparently), they are a very reputable supplier. I have never had a problem. Congrats on the new goodies
1.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve bought from Richard before, happily too. He''s great!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results