shape
carat
color
clarity

Argggh! 2.5 weeks until wedding & now location is a no go!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Man oh man! First a little background! My fiance and I will be getting married on a beach in Kauai in a few weeks, just the two of us. Back in January I researched and found the wedding company that I wanted to use and spoke to them via instant messenger. They assured me that March is a slow time and that we should have no problems getting the date, time and location we want. So I continue with my research and found the perfect beach. I emailed everything to my darling fiance and told him that he would be in charge of making the final arrangements. That was two months ago.

Fast forward to this weekend. My fiance, the procrastinator, has not done a darn thing to firm up our plans! Granted, he has had a ton on his plate the past two months, but still
8.gif
So we sat down yesterday, went over all the details again, and filled out the request form online for the wedding company. Well, I got an email back form the wedding coordinator today and the beach I had chosen is not recommended this time of year due to high surf and the path to it being muddy
39.gif
The guy recommended another beach, but when I looked online it did not look all that great.

I went back online and none of the beaches that I could find look anything like what I am looking for. Okay, maybe I'm being too picky, but I was looking for a white sandy beach with black lava rocks nearby. I don't want a plain, old sandy beach. I told the guy what I was looking for, but the second recommendation still didn't fit the bill!

I guess the facts are the facts, but if my fiance had dealth with this sooner at least I would have had more time to find an alternate location. I am just so disappointed my orginal location won't work. Note to self: take care of important things myself, lol!

Anybody have any suggestions for a beach on Kauai???

sarie_j

Shiny_Rock
**Hugs** I''m sorry I don''t have any suggestions, but I''m sure you''ll find something perfect just keep looking - there are tons of beaches - I know it''s late for a change, but have you tried the other islands?

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, sarie, but we are already booked to stay on Kauai. I''m not too sure we want to travel to another island, but it''s something to consider...

cara

Ideal_Rock
Oh no good!

My only suggestion comes from my friend who had a destination wedding. She said to pick the people you choose to work with carefully, but then take their recommendations as best you can. They are there, you aren''t. So if you don''t "trust" this company and its recommendations, can call around until you find someone you trust more?

I know its really hard to evaluate people in such an unfortunate position, with little time and the magic word WEDDING involved. But best of luck to you!

E B

Ideal_Rock
ImpatientOne,

I'm so sorry! I know what it's like leaving those wedding details up to the future husbands. I guess, to generalize, it'd be like asking us to research and book tickets to a big sporting event (I know, I know, some women love sports!)
9.gif

So through this company, can you marry on ANY beach in Kauai? If so, this beach looks pretty and has black lava rocks:

Kauapea Beach (also known as "Secret Beach"), Kauai

I have no idea if it's even close to what you're looking for, but I figured I'd post it anyway.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/5/2007 9:14:59 PM
Author: ImpatientOne
Thanks, sarie, but we are already booked to stay on Kauai. I''m not too sure we want to travel to another island, but it''s something to consider...

It doesn''t take very long to go from island to island, if I remember right. You could just get married on another beach and keep the reservations on the plane. When I went on vacation to Hawaii we went to Kauai in the morning and flew back to Hawaii later that night, I think. But it was awhile ago... so I may be wrong. Anyway, something to try! Good luck!

*M*

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/5/2007 11:56:43 PM
Author: EBree
ImpatientOne,

I''m so sorry! I know what it''s like leaving those wedding details up to the future husbands. I guess, to generalize, it''d be like asking us to research and book tickets to a big sporting event (I know, I know, some women love sports!)
9.gif

So through this company, can you marry on ANY beach in Kauai? If so, this beach looks pretty and has black lava rocks:

Kauapea Beach (also known as ''Secret Beach''), Kauai

I have no idea if it''s even close to what you''re looking for, but I figured I''d post it anyway.
Thanks eBree. That beach looks good, but it''s a 10 minute hike from where you park - I know, not normally a long walk, but I will be in my dress and would rather avoid that!

I''ve been researching all evening and found another company that looks like they hav emore options. I sent them an email so hopefully will hear back tomorrow!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Check out "The Best of Hawai''i Wedding Book: A Guide to Maui, Lanai, and Kauai - Top Locations, Services, and Resources for Your Destination Wedding". It lists the best beaches to get married on and sounds fairly reliable.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Found my copy of the book. The beaches it recommends are: Hanalei Bay, Ke''e Beach (a lagoon so it should be pretty calm), Keoneloa Bay (shipwreck Beach), Mahaulepu Beach (a bit hard to get to), and Kalihiwai Bay.

Hope that helps! And good luck with the new company!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results