shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you / your spouse in the public eye?

Are you or your spouse famous for something?

• Yes - I am

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Yes - My spouse is

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • No - Neither are

Votes: 57 75.0%
  • Prefer not to say

Votes: 7 9.2%

• Total voters

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I discovered that a casual acquaintance of mine is actually married to a rather prominent chef. I have known this woman on & off for years, but just knew her husband was X. They have different surnames so I never made any connection.

So for fun & without offering any details if you prefer not to, as the title says, are you or your spouse in the public eye? It could be anything - TV anchor, presenter, political, university, art, jewellery, music - anything that puts you or them occasionally out there?

As a starter, I will say that if you are seriously into Gaming then you will probably have heard of Mr T. He has made some of the highest grossing titles for Xbox & Playstation over the last 20 years. He is regularly interviewed for Gaming magazines & TV articles, attends many global Gaming conferences & launches throughout each year (us girls are VERY self sufficient!) & it still freaks me out that on occasion, gaming people get a bit star struck when they realise who he is!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My contract forbids me to answer. :wavey:

Last edited:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope. Both generic, average people.

I guarantee that if you are using any computer, watching movies, or interested in space travel you have used products DH had a big hand in creating. He prefers to be the guy doing the work so you wouldn't know it. Others on his teams do the public stuff. It is fun to be sitting in class hearing students and instructors all excited over some new capability that DH did on his own. (Usually there is a team of up to a dozen but sometimes it is a special project he is assigned alone.)

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prefer not to say. DH has connections, that's really all I can say, lol. We receive zero benefit from that, so no big deal. He has met a lot of famous people though.:P2 I have met no one of any kind of celebrity status, and I'm fine with that.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I discovered that a casual acquaintance of mine is actually married to a rather prominent chef. I have known this woman on & off for years, but just knew her husband was X. They have different surnames so I never made any connection.

So for fun & without offering any details if you prefer not to, as the title says, are you or your spouse in the public eye? It could be anything - TV anchor, presenter, political, university, art, jewellery, music - anything that puts you or them occasionally out there?

As a starter, I will say that if you are seriously into Gaming then you will probably have heard of Mr T. He has made some of the highest grossing titles for Xbox & Playstation over the last 20 years. He is regularly interviewed for Gaming magazines & TV articles, attends many global Gaming conferences & launches throughout each year (us girls are VERY self sufficient!) & it still freaks me out that on occasion, gaming people get a bit star struck when they realise who he is!
:lol::lol::lol:
Why did you have to call your husband "Mr. T"?

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My father worked in the television industry, and my husband used to work in a movie/tv related industry, but neither were in the public eye. My father passed long ago, but if he were in his job today, and working in the right place, he MAY have made it on air once in a while.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My current partner is a musician who toured the US and abroad many times over. He jokes that I was a fan who stalked him (I had no idea who he was).

September_Blue

Rough_Rock
Premium
I’m boring. If you watch major news networks then you’ve probably seen DH’s work on some stories regarding the Middle East. He didn’t even know it’d be on, but it’s been happening more lately. He was shocked when it happened.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Totally forgot DH has been on the news twice as an "expert". It was national, but was so long ago I forgot. Honestly, so much crap has happened in our lives it's hard to remember that far back.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
On a VERY small scale lol! I’ve been on the news maybe a dozen times - enough to have been recognized at the grocery store on at least two occasions, so basically one step away from stardom

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@PintoBean :lol: I can assure you that my Mr T is nothing like THE Mr T!! Although I did meet the original once, when he was appearing in Pantomime here in the U.K. at my sister theatre. He was a complete gentleman & not what I was expecting!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@PintoBean :lol: I can assure you that my Mr T is nothing like THE Mr T!! Although I did meet the original once, when he was appearing in Pantomime here in the U.K. at my sister theatre. He was a complete gentleman & not what I was expecting!
Was he sporting lots of bling around his neck?!?!?!?!?!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@PintoBean Yes he was! He was totally in character for the Panto, covered in gold chains & rings, and called my little sister a Crazy Fool when she made a funny quip that I can't remember. Highlight of her life :D

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
secret.gif

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was a volunteer when the Antiques Roadshow came to my town.
I got on camera a couple of times. Does that count? :lol-2::P2

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My nephew's wife is an Olympic silver and bronze medalist and works occasionally for CBS during her specialty Olympics.. I don't know if that counts tho. doubt it... my husband has several patents!!! naw not that either, just regular folk around here :)

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, remembered a golden oldie! I was once supervised by a certain VP's secret service member while I performed a task! It was sooo prestigious. I was wrapping fish for Mondale. I think I was 17? :lol-2:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am famous on PS!..:praise:
Rofl!!! you stole my line!!!!!

I was on tv once as a child, does that count?
The school playground where I went to school was full of busted glass, junk people dumped, and broken equipment and the school was not cleaning it up in a dispute with the park district over who had to care for it.
It was a elementary school playground and part of it was a public park.
A TV station news crew came out and shot some video of the playground and I was in the video.
I was interviewed but they didn't use any of the student interviews.
Both the school and the park district came out the next day and cleaned up the glass and junk but we never did get new equipment.

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:lol::lol::lol:
Why did you have to call your husband "Mr. T"?
That is totally what went through my head the first time I read the post!:lol-2:

My older son was really into World of Warcraft for sometime and I remember the stories of the actual "Mr T" being a big player, so it made total sense right?:P2

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, what were you selling?? Come on, spill...!!

Nothing exciting :lol: The (then) owners of the channel knew me and asked if I’d help when they launched the channel. It was JewelleryMaker, and they were selling jewellery making kits and findings. Agates, onyx, jasper beads, that sort of thing, I’d have to make things from the kits, and then be live on TV talking about it and demonstrating techniques.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could you IMAGINE if I was the real Crazy Fool's wife??!! I'd definitely have cashed in some of his gold & be sporting more than a 1.02ct pear cut! :lol:

Loving everybody's stories here - we are all famous! :cool2:

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I lead a pretty low key life and really like it that way. I had a small moment of being in the public eye a long time ago. I was featured in a documentary that was made about our military and the specialized job I had during the Cold War. My picture is in an encyclopedia (really dating myself now :-o) also related to that job. These are my only claims to fame.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results