shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you worried about the Coronavirus?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @junebug17 I’m trying but enough already...

I know. I completely understand. It's impossible not to worry and I know you are worn out. All you can do is try your best. I am hoping and praying Chris is feeling better soon. XX

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am worried about my sister. She has been very careful, always wears a mask, gloves when she goes out to a store and has been social distancing, but out of the blue she has developed a fever of 102.4. She doesn't have any other symptoms so far. Has anyone heard of someone just having a fever in the beginning? She's been taking care of my 97 year old Mom, so I'm very concerned about her, too.

Please take care and update us.

Deb

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee Bless you, I am so so sorry you have had this chronic level of concern and stress. My heart goes out to you. I am glad he's still okay.

@pinkjewel, hope everything turns out okay for your sister and Mom!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for keeping us updated @MamaBee . It’s so good to hear Chris is ok. I apologize if I overstepped. My nephew was sick and tested positive for a COVID-19 a little over a week ago He‘s 25 and has been sick for a little over a week. He seems better now but has to go and be retested next week. This is stressful for everyone. I’m so sorry you are going thru this. Please try to get some rest and take care of yourself. Your life is stressful on a normal day to day basis.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for keeping us updated @MamaBee . It’s so good to hear Chris is ok. I apologize if I overstepped. My nephew was sick and tested positive for a COVID-19 a little over a week ago He‘s 25 and has been sick for a little over a week. He seems better now but has to go and be retested next week. This is stressful for everyone. I’m so sorry you are going thru this. Please try to get some rest and take care of yourself. Your life is stressful on a normal day to day basis.

@Calliecake, I'm so sorry about your nephew and I'm glad he seems to be doing better. Wishing him a complete recovery very soon and I hope the test is negative. XX

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
If she is caring for your mother, I would definitely get tested. Keeping in mind that the test is not completely accurate so false negatives are always possible. It would give a data point if it came up positive in that your mom would need to be carefully watched for any sign of illness.
Yes, I agree. she does plan on getting tested and is staying away from my Mom just in case she has it.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Yes..That’s how my son started...I hope she doesn’t have it.

oh no- I hope she doesn't have it too! I'm glad your son is ok, but I know how worried you must be about him. This is such a scary virus.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Please take care and update us.

Deb

thank you! I'll let you all know how it goes. Her fever has diminished a little today, staying around 100.4. She still feels ok other than the fever. Fingers crossed it's not Covid

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Calliecake I somehow missed that your nephew has Covid. My brain is mush at the moment...I’m happy that he is doing okay. His youth is in his favor. I hope he gets over it soon...Yes...This virus is causing so much stress for everyone.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
thank you! I'll let you all know how it goes. Her fever has diminished a little today, staying around 100.4. She still feels ok other than the fever. Fingers crossed it's not Covid

I hope it’s not Covid @pinkjewel There are other less serious things out there...I pray it’s just a simple benign bug...My fingers and toes are crossed.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave How are you doing?
@TooPatient Is your husband doing better?

He's getting bored so that is a good sign. We're finally seeing 98 on the pulse oximeter here and there. Usually around 94-95. He does dip into the 80s briefly if he gets too active so having to watch that still. I'm exhausted keeping an eye on him. Turn around and he is trying to mow the lawn or fix a cabinet. I wouldn't mind except it clearly takes a big whack at his energy and leaves him very short of breath for hours after. He's starting half days at work on Monday (work from home) so I am hoping he can ma age that okay and hoping it keeps him feeling like he accomplished something so he doesn't try to do the stuff that is bad for his breathing.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He's getting bored so that is a good sign. We're finally seeing 98 on the pulse oximeter here and there. Usually around 94-95. He does dip into the 80s briefly if he gets too active so having to watch that still. I'm exhausted keeping an eye on him. Turn around and he is trying to mow the lawn or fix a cabinet. I wouldn't mind except it clearly takes a big whack at his energy and leaves him very short of breath for hours after. He's starting half days at work on Monday (work from home) so I am hoping he can ma age that okay and hoping it keeps him feeling like he accomplished something so he doesn't try to do the stuff that is bad for his breathing.

That is a good sign! Hoping his healing continues and he lets himself rest.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee that is wonderful news and continued healing dust being sent to Chris. I know how worried you have been as any mother would be but especially you because you are such a warm amazing loving mom. Hugs to you and please remember to take good care of yourself too. Remember if you aren't well you cannot take care of anyone else. (((Hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave hope you are feeling all better @pinkjewel @Calliecake hope your loved ones are OK and continue to get better. This Coronavirus is a heck of a virus.
@jaaron hope your daughter and husband are continuing to heal and feel better each day.

This meme fits.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@TooPatient That’s good news! That’s exactly where Chris is on the oximeter readings. He had to go down the basement to check a fuse. He said when he came back up the stairs he was out of breath. I spoke to him some time after that and his reading was 94/95 but then stayed at 95. He only gets to 96...sometimes 97 if he’s really inactive. It sounds like your husband is showing great signs...It’s amazing you didn’t get it too...TG It seems that your husband has been down with this for a long time. What does his doctor say?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee that is wonderful news and continued healing dust being sent to Chris. I know how worried you have been as any mother would be but especially you because you are such a warm amazing loving mom. Hugs to you and please remember to take good care of yourself too. Remember if you aren't well you cannot take care of anyone else. (((Hugs))).

Thank you @missy I really appreciate the healing dust to Chris. XOXO

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@whitewave I hope you’re doing okay. After reading that flyer you got from your doctor..I bought bottles of 50mg zinc. I’m reading some things that say zinc can cause a copper deficiency. I didn’t get lozenges...I just bought the supplements. Do you have any info on if that dosage is okay to take daily?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@AGBF Thank you...I was isolating at our house in Maryland but decided to go home to Pa. My husband is trying to be extra careful since he is working...but after observing him I realize he is missing the chip to keep him and us safe. I’m feeling very vulnerable again. I have to be around for Chris so I can get groceries to his house. I won’t get Instacart for him because I don’t want the delivery person to get exposed. I order them to my house, wipe everything off, repackage them and deliver them to the bottom of his outdoor steps. He waits until I’m back in the car before he comes out to get them. It looks like he won’t be able to do his own shopping for a while. I decided that when Chris can take over his own shopping...I’m going to go to Maryland for two weeks...without visits from my husband...and rotate back and forth for two weeks at a time to lessen the risk..My husband looks offended and thinks he’s doing everything to protect us...but he’s not. He still thinks if he puts on a cloth mask he’s totally protected from getting it. This man is Mensa smart...His common sense is lacking...

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF Thank you...I was isolating at our house in Maryland but decided to go home to Pa. My husband is trying to be extra careful since he is working...but after observing him I realize he is missing the chip to keep him and us safe. I’m feeling very vulnerable again. I have to be around for Chris so I can get groceries to his house. I won’t get Instacart for him because I don’t want the delivery person to get exposed. I order them to my house, wipe everything off, repackage them and deliver them to the bottom of his outdoor steps. He waits until I’m back in the car before he comes out to get them. It looks like he won’t be able to do his own shopping for a while. I decided that when Chris can take over his own shopping...I’m going to go to Maryland for two weeks...without visits from my husband...and rotate back and forth for two weeks at a time to lessen the risk..My husband looks offended and thinks he’s doing everything to protect us...but he’s not. He still thinks if he puts on a cloth mask he’s totally protected from getting it. This man is Mensa smart...His common sense is lacking...

Oh, good Lord, you have been through the wringer. I am so sorry, MamaBee.I feel tired just reading what you have had to do and what you still have before you and you of all people do not deserve this. (Not that most victims of disease deserve it, but some people are careless.I wish them restored health, but do not have quite as much sympathy for them as for those who tried hard not to get ill or who could not help themselves because of their circumstances.)

I will be praying for you. You are such a good woman and mother.

Hugs,
Deb

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy-

What is going on with @jaaron? If I saw the news, I forgot it. Can you update us.

Deb

Her husband and daughter were infected with Covid back in March I believe. She posted about it so I’m not sharing anything Jaaron hasn’t shared on PS. Thankfully they recovered but have some lasting side effects and hoping they will be completely recovered soon.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I hope it’s not Covid @pinkjewel There are other less serious things out there...I pray it’s just a simple benign bug...My fingers and toes are crossed.

We are hoping so, too. What's confusing is how would she get any bug? I don't know anyone who has been as careful as she has been. She wears an N95 mask with another disposable mask over the top every time she goes out. Wears gloves, washes her hands, stays away from people, wipes down all groceries, waits for days before opening any box delivered by UPS or Fed Ex! If she has any bug it just baffles me! She is still feeling ok, so maybe the fever is due to something else and not a virus at all.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee some of the smartest people lack basic common sense at times... I don't know where that shit comes from....lol

Do what you can to keep yourself healthy. Much love to you and your kiddo.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
@pinkjewel , Hoping that this is an ordinary bug your sister has. Is your mom feeling okay?

@MamaBee , Is Chris feeling better today? Are you feeling better? My nephew is doing better. His fever has been normal the past couple days.

@TooPatient , I hope your husband is doing well.

Thanks for asking about my Mom and sister! So far my Mom is ok and my sister seems to be a bit better today!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results