shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you worried about the Coronavirus?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy - www.farmboxdirect.com. Try this for produce. Prayers to you.

I have a similar thing through Imperfect Produce. The delivery has been delayed a couple of times and selection is more limited with some things getting dropped as out of stock, but it has been the most reliable way to get some added groceries (fruits, veggies, meats, canned stuff) somewhat reliably. I just added delivery through Smith Brothers Farm for milk (and non-dairy), eggs, cheese, and bakery items.

It is a great way to get some fresh stuff and minimize the need to go out. I'm hoping that I can just stay inside for the next 2-3 months (or more) with supplies on hand plus these services.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@dizzyakira and @OdetteOdile I just today brought my DD from Brooklyn to my home in the suburbs. The empty streets and highways feel surreal. I made unbelievable time getting there and back! I do feel for city dwellers, it’s hard to isolate in smaller apartments. I have never seen so many people in my neighborhood during my daily walks.
I think we will all appreciate social gatherings and human interaction when this is over.
The other day my DD was alone at this tourist attraction...(Empire State Building as seen through the Brooklyn Bridge arch)
6AE2811B-74B3-4E5A-A731-3451A01796C9.jpeg

Stay safe @Dee*Jay o_O
I’m so happy you have your daughter @Slick1! I know how worried you were about her..

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so happy you have your daughter @Slick1! I know how worried you were about her..

Thank you @Mamabean I am so happy to have her here with us. Did your DH come to visit you this weekend? I know how concerned you are for him as well... ♥️

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you @Mamabean I am so happy to have her here with us. Did your DH come to visit you this weekend? I know how concerned you are for him as well... ♥

No...He’s coming next weekend. We’ll visit in the backyard because he won’t come into the house...I’m happy about that...I’m going to make him pizza to have here and extra to take home...and a meatloaf....I think he’s more excited to get pizza...:lol:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found out I lost a 2nd cousin to Covid-19.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you. My mom thanks you. JB was a weird guy we had some great discussions, but he was a good man.

They won't test his wife though because she doesn't have any symptoms, no underlaying conditions. This is in Ohio and I believe its probably because they are reserving tests for only the sickest people.

The relatives on facebook said that he went to the Bahamas in early March, got sick and went to the hospital March 24, by March 26 he was gone. I don't know the whole story, but do know that its said they didn't even want to test him at first.

JB was in his mid 70's, his wife is much younger than that late 30's.

I'm having lots of thoughts about all of this right now.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
@dizzyakira and @OdetteOdile I just today brought my DD from Brooklyn to my home in the suburbs. The empty streets and highways feel surreal. I made unbelievable time getting there and back! I do feel for city dwellers, it’s hard to isolate in smaller apartments. I have never seen so many people in my neighborhood during my daily walks.
I think we will all appreciate social gatherings and human interaction when this is over.
The other day my DD was alone at this tourist attraction...(Empire State Building as seen through the Brooklyn Bridge arch)
6AE2811B-74B3-4E5A-A731-3451A01796C9.jpeg

Stay safe @Dee*Jay o_O

It is eerie to see the street that empty. I am glad to hear your DD is home with you now.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you. My mom thanks you. JB was a weird guy we had some great discussions, but he was a good man.

They won't test his wife though because she doesn't have any symptoms, no underlaying conditions. This is in Ohio and I believe its probably because they are reserving tests for only the sickest people.

The relatives on facebook said that he went to the Bahamas in early March, got sick and went to the hospital March 24, by March 26 he was gone. I don't know the whole story, but do know that its said they didn't even want to test him at first.

JB was in his mid 70's, his wife is much younger than that late 30's.

I'm having lots of thoughts about all of this right now.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope his wife and the rest of your family stay healthy.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ignore the anxiety induced rant. Just needing to vent somewhere at management not being at all understanding of severe illness....

DH needs to change to a new team at work. I can't take this stress anymore. His manager has been making nasty comments to him both in on-on-one phone calls and in team meetings. One such comment was to make a sarcastic sounding comment that DH was "just coughing for effect" after having suggested to him privately that he is faking being sick. All this as he is trying to work (whole company is work from home) so that the project keeps ahead of where it needs to be. They didn't like him missing 2 1/2 weeks of work (2 weeks as sick time the other as vacation days) so he spent the last week working while sick so made himself sicker after recovering some.

He is in looking at short term disability so he doesn't end up fired for being less than 100%. My anxiety is sky high.

Of course this is all happening at yearly evaluation time. His 2nd line manager dislikes him (or more precisely her favorite employee dislikes him). He got a less than great evaluation last time through for obnoxious stuff so we have been paying out of pocket for a life coach (seriously awesome guy!) to address the ground of Truth in the complaints and even this guy is looking at some of the communications from his manager and saying it is poop.

I am graduating in June (assuming we have his income or full pay disability). Health insurance without his job is unreachable. (Like $3,000/month price tag for going with the state finder thing). My meds aren't covered by most of the other plans. ($6,800/month). Not to mention the MRI of my brain that I am supposed to have plus the neurosurgeon needing an MRI since my back is still having issues. (Of course no PT due to a strike and now the COVID-19 doesn't help that!)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So very sorry, @Arcadian!

@missy Hope you are okay! There still is so much going around, even the flu. Now we have pollen and people are having allergy symptoms and I am sure there is a lot of worry with any symptoms! Saying a prayer for you to be well soon!

Our governor ordered stay at home which begins tomorrow and goes through April, at least. It was already pretty much that way, anyway. They just added more businesses shut down. Schools are already closed through May 15.

Our county now has 3 positive cases, so I am becoming more hesitant about going to the store since who knows how many there really are.

@House Cat I believe you were totally right about the numbers. Look at the total number of cases (that they have identified) and look at the deaths. Each day both numbers increase. Yes, some will die from the total, but there will be new cases added to the total, too. For most of the time I have been following it, the US death rate has been around 1.3-1.6%. However, we know more people have the virus than are tested, so the true death rate is likely lower. Numbers of recovered cases are meaningless (as someone has already said) because no one is really keeping up with those since all the mild cases are recovering at home anyway. NYC and certain other places may have a higher rate than less crowded parts of the country. I am very concerned about places like NYC and other huge cities where spread is more likely. I am less worried about where I live and think numbers will be lower, but I still wouldn't consider taking chances.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Arcadian Prayers outgoing for your family and you.

@TooPatient I'm sorry to hear that your DH's work is adding to the stress. You are both in our prayers.

Prayers are outgoing for everyone.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TooPatient what an unpleasant and stressful situation you and your dh are dealing with and on top of it all I cannot even imagine the pressure you are both under. Sending you both bucketloads of good luck dust and all my best. Keep repeating to yourself "One day at a time" "One hour at a time" and deep breaths. Please do not let this effect your health negatively. Easier said than done I know. (((HUGS))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
California’s numbers are low because they have 48,600 tests pending. They rate 46th in the nation for testing! This is alarming for the most populated state in the nation.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
California’s numbers are low because they have 48,600 tests pending. They rate 46th in the nation for testing! This is alarming for the most populated state in the nation.

I agree. That is not right. :blackeye:

List updated as of right now. I am just including the most infected states (as best we can decipher those anyway given the shortage of testing).

Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 9.00.13 AM.png

Attachments

• The Lost Month: How a Failure to Test Blinded the U.S. to Covid-19 - The New York Times.pdf
    67.2 KB · Views: 4

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think now because the people that feed us are put under pressure to perform, we will see more of them also become ill.

I'm now trying to order most things to come to my home and trying not to do too many pickups.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think now because the people that feed us are put under pressure to perform, we will see more of them also become ill.

I'm now trying to order most things to come to my home and trying not to do too many pickups.

Local delivery people walking out on strike here in NYC.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Local delivery people walking out on strike here in NYC.

I heard that Instacart shoppers and Amazon delivery people will also go on strike. I have an order scheduled for Wednesday from Instacart. I hope we get it. I hope everyone that put an order in gets theirs too. It’s taking up to a week for a delivery here...I ordered from Omaha Steaks..I don’t eat a lot of red meat but I’ll take what I can get. They don’t have great reviews but I’ll take a chance. I heard Perdue that does delivery...has people with the virus in the processing plant. I’m not getting it from there now. I should have purchased more dried beans..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results