shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you still in love with your ring?

reader

Brilliant_Rock
I realize, I have just celebrated 6 years with my ring, and still love playing with it every day.....if you have had your ring for awhile, are you still in love or are you bored? Did you change it?

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I enjoy my ring. I enjoy the happiness I see on my husband's face when he sees me enjoying my ring.

Would I choose differently . . . today? Yes. My tastes have changed.

But this ring is important, as no other ring can be, to DH and I. It will not be replaced.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Still love it after 6 years!

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I've had it for ten years this month, and I still love it. It's very plain, so it won't really date, and I wouldn't replace it (unless it was lost or irreparably damaged).

I'm still in love with your ring too, though. One of my all time favourites, and I would be willing to look at photos. ;))

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I've only had my new setting since May, but yes, I absolutely still love it! That might not seem like a long time, but it's a record for me, lol. It took me 3 years to find it, and it's satisfied all my bling cravings.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think if my setting was well made, yes I would be. But no, I mostly hate it because it's so poorly made and it makes me angry.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes. i still love my own personal sun.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After a year, yes! I obsessively clean it everyday!

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sorry Ame :( I never had an ering to like but now that we are renewing our vows, I'm hoping to find the one for me.

Inimitable_D

Rough_Rock
Yes, I really love my ring. It's a princess cut solitaire set on a platinum Tiffany-style band, and it's so gorgeous and suits my jewelry taste perfectly. I've had it for not quite two years now, and although I may not clean it as much or stare at it quite as obsessively as I did at first, I still love to admire its beauty, and I still find myself staring at it at least a few times per day.

I also love my new wedding band, which is a half eternity with channel set princess cut diamonds.

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Am I still in love with my ring? Yes. Mostly. :Up_to_something:
I have an oval three stone that is very fiery. I love that, and I love the ovals. I was going to upgrade my .95ct centre to a 2ct, but we decided to go to Europe instead. I don't love the profile, so I am going to get it reset into something similar but a bit more delicate.

I did not love my wedding ring (long story posted elsewhere), so I'm getting a nice eternity and we are doing a mini informal vow renewal on our anniversary. :D

Crap Ame, I'm sorry about your e-ring. You do like the diamond though, right? And didn't you eventually get a band you liked too?

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have had my current ER since 2007 and I'm still in love!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Since 2006 and yes, love it! But I love everything I own, jewelry wise.

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Jennifer, thank you for the compliment....I hesitate posting photos here, as I did buy it from another member, and well...after six years I figure everybody here has seen it, and probably too much... (I love playing with mine though....and living in a place that has more sun than my last home means its even more fun)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I still love my ring, but I wish the stones were larger. My favorite thing about my ring is the trellis setting. I still take it off and stare at the swoopy prongs sometimes.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
JaneSmith|1349046666|3277064 said:
Crap Ame, I'm sorry about your e-ring. You do like the diamond though, right? And didn't you eventually get a band you liked too?
Yea I love the stone. The setting is so poorly made though that I just am waiting for my amazing stone to fall right out of it.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I love my 25th anniversary ring, It's 4 years old now, but I wear it every day and adore it. It's simple, straightforward, and unfussy.

Much like me :bigsmile:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Isn't it funny how one can feel disloyal to an inanimate object? I've tried starting this sentence a few times, and I keep re-writing it because I feel bad saying ANYTHING less than positive about my ring! Probably says more about my wanting to think of myself as the kind of woman who is sentimental and consistent than it does about the ring getting its feelings (!) hurt. :tongue:

Which is to say - I love my ring because it symbolizes so many awesome things about my relationship and how my husband and I operate. The stone is gorgeous, and the setting is absolutely perfect. Buuuuuuuuut somewhere along the way I fell in love with old cuts and their big facets, so I'm as in-love with my anniversary ring, and its own nifty symbolism. And since my hands are still shifting sizes post-pregnancy, ironically, my e-ring now fits my right hand while my anniversary ring fits the left! Still trying to decide if I should resize so they're in their "proper" places, or just enjoy them as-is. :wink2:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1349103879|3277379 said:
Isn't it funny how one can feel disloyal to an inanimate object? I've tried starting this sentence a few times, and I keep re-writing it because I feel bad saying ANYTHING less than positive about my ring! Probably says more about my wanting to think of myself as the kind of woman who is sentimental and consistent than it does about the ring getting its feelings (!) hurt. :tongue:

Which is to say - I love my ring because it symbolizes so many awesome things about my relationship and how my husband and I operate. The stone is gorgeous, and the setting is absolutely perfect. Buuuuuuuuut somewhere along the way I fell in love with old cuts and their big facets, so I'm as in-love with my anniversary ring, and its own nifty symbolism. And since my hands are still shifting sizes post-pregnancy, ironically, my e-ring now fits my right hand while my anniversary ring fits the left! Still trying to decide if I should resize so they're in their "proper" places, or just enjoy them as-is. :wink2:

I would just enjoy them as is. Nothing wrong with the anniversary ring becoming the e-ring!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've had mine for 13 years and didnt get to pick the original setting so ...if I could I would do a reset. I do like it but it just
seems like there are so many other pretty ones out there (I'm thinking something antique looking by singlestone would be
right up my alley).

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm still torn. There are many things I don't like about my ring. I don't care for the snaggy prongs (that NO ONE IRL can see/find and they think I'm CRAZY), or the quality of the stones. I like the idea but not really the stones or size, if that makes sense. I love the sentiment behind it, however the only part hubby gave me was the e-ring (not the wrap that it's soldered to). So, ideally if I could upgrade to a graduated 5 stones (large center, 2 rounds and then 2 pears) or 3 stone (large center 2 pears) that fit flush w/my straight bands that would be awesome! Large stone being 1.5 or less (yes, comparatively small compared w/some ladies here who have larger finger size like I do). In reality, probably looking at a 5 stone anniversary, and keep the e-ring.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I have my original 0.79 ct ring given to me 12/23/09 and I still love it. I have made some changes to it though - shaved off some of the band to bring it from 4mm to 2.7mm and changed the head from a tall 4-prong one to a lower 6-prong head. Now its perfect for me and I doubt I will upgrade for a very long time, if ever.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Almost 7 years in - I'm still in love with my e-ring (and my husband, more importantly!) -- though I did change it's original head out about 6 months in? I am also still deeply loathing my pudgy, stumpy fingers. GAH! Thinking of all the diets between then and now makes me GRRRRRRRRRRRR :angryfire: .

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well, I've only had mine for about 1.5 years. But, yes I am still in love with it. That's not to say I don't have multiple "lovers" and wandering eyes. But my e-ring is my e-ring and I wouldn't change it.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
YES!

D

Deactivated member 42515

I am, but then I saw this ring after Barrett Salzmann posted before he got deleted and I think I love it more. I wish I could get it in platinum with my diamond in it! But alas, I can only ogle since DH has said no. For now.... :naughty: I'm trying my hardest to get him to cave!

imageuploadedbytapatalk1349222326.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm about four years in with my ring, and I still LOVE it! But then, I was lucky enough to pick it in the beginning :love:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1349058216|3277166 said:
Since 2006 and yes, love it! But I love everything I own, jewelry wise.
ditto this is how I feel.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it but it no longer suits my lifestyle. I don't wear it to work so it spends too much time in a dark, little box.

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
I like my ring, but am totally itching to get something new :naughty: My DH is onboard, but there are so many other things that we should put our money towards instead. We just moved out of state into a bigger house, and we need so much furniture (the place is practically empty). We also are looking at a newer car. Oh well, as I said I do like it. There will likely be another one in my future, just not now.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results