shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you still in love with your ring?

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
I am still in love with my ring which is an 8 mm 18k yellow gold band that he slipped on my finger the day we were married. Even still, I am itching for a diamond. Until recently I thought of myself as more of a colored stone gal but now I am on the hunt for a vintage emerald cut diamond. After 6 years of marriage and a beautiful baby boy, I feel my time has come!

LittleRiver

Shiny_Rock
Yes, but then I've only had it for 1 year and 2 days :bigsmile:

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Still love my little diamond and want to keep it, but I'm not in love with my setting nor am emotionally attached to it. It's very plain and I've been looking at new settings and daydreaming that for my up-and-coming 15th anniversary, my diamond can be reset. A couple complications may hinder that...but, maybe someday...

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely I still love my ring given to me by DH 15yrs ago. It signifies our initial commitment & our early hopes and dreams for "happily ever after".
However, I'm also head over heels in love w/ my new anniversary upgrade :bigsmile:! This set signifies that we're willing to do it all over again, even knowing the potholes, construction zones & other hurdles we've had to face while travelling along the road to "happily ever after". I couldn't imagine taking this journey with anyone else. Yeah, I know, I'm a sap! :love:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
You bet!!!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, but I was never in love with it to begin with. I've said this many times, but we had a limited budget and we both compromised what we liked to ensure the other person liked it too. It's classic, but it was bought as a tranny and it's not. The setting is in terrible condition and it's not a quality stone. I show my appreciation for it by keeping it safe in my jewelery box where nothing can scratch or damage it. I wouldn't want to have to replace it. I think we both feel oddly sentimental about it, though we do fight about it as I'd like something else and while DH doesn't like my ring he doesn't think e-rings should be upgraded.

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
we both compromised what we liked to ensure the other person liked it too.

This is an interesting one - I did the same thing, although now knowing what I know, I'd have vetoed this and firmly but nicely insisted on having the design I loved unaltered. Knowing what I know now, DH would have been fine with this and would have been happy that I was happy with it. It's water under the bridge now as I have a lovely replacement for my first tiny ring but sometimes looking back you can see how far you've come.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
HollyS|1349015362|3276819 said:
I enjoy my ring. I enjoy the happiness I see on my husband's face when he sees me enjoying my ring.

Would I choose differently . . . today? Yes. My tastes have changed.

But this ring is important, as no other ring can be, to DH and I. It will not be replaced.
My sentiments exactly. HollyS, you express things so simply and to the point.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I ordered a new wedding ring a couple days ago. It is kind of a tester one to see what direction I want to go w/my diamond in the future. It probably won't arrive until after Christmas. I didn't tell my husband... lol! I wonder if he'll notice ;))

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Roxy|1355989169|3336327 said:
This set signifies that we're willing to do it all over again, even knowing the potholes, construction zones & other hurdles we've had to face while travelling along the road to "happily ever after". I couldn't imagine taking this journey with anyone else. Yeah, I know, I'm a sap! :love:

I love this!!! :love:

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Yes I still love it. It is my second ring. I've had it about 5 years now I think. Sometimes I want to get an upgrade (thus ring #3) but then I think that I would have to give this one up and I get bummed out about that and forget the idea of upgrade. I am still very satisfied with this one. That's a good thing, I think =)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. I've had my ring for 2 years now but changed out the diamond a year ago. I am pretty content with it.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Which ring?

I no longer have my original ER--which I wore and loved for 20 years. Neither do I have my original wedding bands and two eternity rings--which I also wore and loved for 20 years.

That said, I still love my 20th anniversary ER and eternity ring--the search that brought me to PS almost a decade ago.

Oddly enough, the ring that I absolutely adore is the white gold band black ceramic Trinty ring we bought, this year, in Paris at Cartier. I almost think of it as my "wedding ring". It is plain and all that, but goodness I think of it with such fondness b/c we were there as a family, and it was so much fun, and my DH wanted me to HAVE it. Like a wedding ring. I will NEVER part with it, so yes, I am still in love with my ring.

cheers--Sharon

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
That's a neat story. I know that black ceramic on the trinity ring. It's really cool. What a nice memory it brings you :))

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beacon|1356061954|3336981 said:
That's a neat story. I know that black ceramic on the trinity ring. It's really cool. What a nice memory it brings you :))

HI:

Nice to "see" you Beacon. :wavey:

cheers--Sharon

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still like my three stone ring for the unbeatable bling factor, but the setting could be better--the prongs are a bit too clunky and the setting is too low-set for me. Time for a reset?!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laila619|1356064682|3337002 said:
I still like my three stone ring for the unbeatable bling factor, but the setting could be better--the prongs are a bit too clunky and the setting is too low-set for me. Time for a reset?!

Sounds like it! :devil: :naughty: :cheeky:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1356066449|3337020 said:

Ahh, Junebug, you enabler you! :bigsmile: :naughty: I like the way you think.

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Lil Misfit|1356047002|3336867 said:
Roxy|1355989169|3336327 said:
This set signifies that we're willing to do it all over again, even knowing the potholes, construction zones & other hurdles we've had to face while travelling along the road to "happily ever after". I couldn't imagine taking this journey with anyone else. Yeah, I know, I'm a sap! :love:
I love this!!! :love:
Thanks Lil M. I know to some I sound like a big 'ol mushy marshmallow but its truly how we feel ;-)

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love my original wedding band the most. I am not as in love with my 30th anniversary ring. I think it is beautiful but I just keep thinking about how much money is tied up in such a trivial thing... I think I could part with it.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laila619|1356075283|3337065 said:
junebug17|1356066449|3337020 said:

Ahh, Junebug, you enabler you! :bigsmile: :naughty: I like the way you think.

Heehee, I know! :naughty: I'm giving Enerchi a little competition! :devil:

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I love both the sparkle of the ideal-cut princess and the setting that we had custom-made. The only thing I would change is to upgrade the color from I to F or so. I like the size at 1.0ct, but I suppose I could go to 1.2 or so if I were upgrading the color anyway)\. Husband won't let me upgrade, so it's a moot point anyway.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Yes. It's still the sparkliest ring I've ever seen in real life, and lightyears ahead in terms of beauty compared to all my friends' rings.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I still love my ring. I have only had it for six months, but this is the first ring that I have owned that adore in every way and never think about changing.

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
I still love my ring. I have only had it for six months, but this is the first ring that I have owned that adore in every way and never think about changing.

Ain't it just the grandest feeling! Not only do I love my small Van Craeynest diamond ring for itself but I also feel it is a ring that really suits my finger. Also having it there makes me realise that something had been missing up till now. Imagine having people around where you can actually post something like this!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results