shape
carat
color
clarity

are you one of those crazy people go shopping on black friday?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I do go, but I don''t necessarily go for the deals. Last year it was a huge group of us - my family and his.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Oh heck no...I''ve gone once, and one year, DH and I completely forgot it was Black Friday and went to Target for some Xmas lights. There were no carts available...that was crazy to me.

This year, we''re doing as little retail as possible - we''re donating $ in our loved ones'' names and volunteering at various organizations. For each person, we''re choosing an organization that has a cause which is important to the recipient. Though I love the holiday music and decorations at the stores, I can''t stand how frantic and rude shoppers get during the season. I think it will be nice to avoid that this year.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope, I hate crowds. I heard the stores are desperate for customers this year anyways so I am going to assume every day will be black Friday till Christmas.

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Annie- I was just about to say the same thing.. I basically COLLECT movies.. I have like 300 and I always end up buying them for myself- but come on, All the Austin Powers for 1.96 each? haha it is basically nothing.. But I did go last year for the first time because I moved into my apartment this year and since I am in college, it wasn''t really a high priority to get nice quality stuff so I do have to say I got a bunch of great deals.. a toaster and a mini chopper for 4 dollars each? a toaster oven for 10 dollars.. I mean you really can''t beat it. Me and my brother have made it a tradition kind of, we are going this year. Last year we woke up at 5:30 and hit Walmart first, then Target, then Best Buy, and then Circuit city.. I got a lot of stuff. I would recommend it for cheap stuff!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/8/2008 8:52:08 PM
Author: ~*Alexis*~
Call me crazy but I LOVE going to shop on Black Friday...its AWESOME!! I get a large coffee and I get my blood going....today FFI and I went to Walmart at 6 am and got a compaq laptop for $300.....so we are starting early....they are going to have a sale every saturday morning until christmas....FFI would rather be in bed though....he''s a party pooper....although he did thank me this morning when I scored him that deal on the laptop.....
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
Alexis, my daughter got one of those, too! She and a friend actually went to the store at 5am! Their WalMart was only selling 10 of them, but they both got one!

I have not shopped on that Friday in years and never before about 10am. But I prefer internet shopping now. There are great deals online that day as someone already mentioned.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would rather poke my own eyeball out...

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/9/2008 8:09:47 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Date: 11/8/2008 8:52:08 PM

Author: ~*Alexis*~

Call me crazy but I LOVE going to shop on Black Friday...its AWESOME!! I get a large coffee and I get my blood going....today FFI and I went to Walmart at 6 am and got a compaq laptop for $300.....so we are starting early....they are going to have a sale every saturday morning until christmas....FFI would rather be in bed though....he''s a party pooper....although he did thank me this morning when I scored him that deal on the laptop.....
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

Alexis, my daughter got one of those, too! She and a friend actually went to the store at 5am! Their WalMart was only selling 10 of them, but they both got one!

I have not shopped on that Friday in years and never before about 10am. But I prefer internet shopping now. There are great deals online that day as someone already mentioned.

That was such a good deal and I could not pass it up. Its just one of those things. I think that most people this year are going to be shopping sooner and getting things before that weekend. I have been shopping since the end of July and we got all the big ticket items and now its just the little stuff or the stocking stuffers. those kinds of things. We are actually toning things down this year compared to last year.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love to go shopping that day but don''t get up any earlier than if I was going to work (about 6:15 am).

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
There is just something that is SO MUCH fun about shopping on that day! I never used to up until about 6 or so years ago. I''m never looking back. Shopping must continue every Black Friday from here on out in my world...lol
31.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
35.gif
get ready ladies !!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To answer the original question: no, I''m not one of those crazy people who shop on Black Friday. I was in retail for a number of years, which required me to WORK in the shopping environment on Black Friday and ruined me forever as far as shopping, period.
9.gif
I must confess, though...I did hit Sam''s Club on BF two years ago around 10 a.m. for some grill lighters I wanted to buy for friends on my way out of town. It honestly wasn''t that bad of an experience, not too crowded and I found a parking space no problem. Maybe I''ll try it again some day, but not this year.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Yes I''m one of the loonies!

I''ll be at one store at midnight tomorrow to not deal with the 5AM traffic.

Then I''m meeting up with my bf at 5AM and hitting Wal-Mart for the twins, circuit city for something she has to buy, and the mall for everyone else!

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
Ha, I''ve never actually done the get up and go shopping at 4 am on black friday. In HS and College I worked retail so unfortunately it was a requirement to work on that day...

But I think this year I''m gonna brave it and see what deals I can find!!
I''m not a morning person so we''ll see when my alarm goes off at 5am if I can actually get my booty up...

4.gif
5am-- yup! but not earlier.. and if it''s snowing... eh.. I wont get there until they actually open.

I LOVE BLACK FRIDAY!
30.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I am thinking about it!
31.gif
Maybe even at 4 am I''ll probably still be awake.
5.gif

Oh and the biggest things we get (bf and I) would be movies. We collect movies and have HUNDREDS and hundreds. I figure, if I''m going to watch it at least twice, it''s worth buying. For instance, one of my favorite buys was The Office. I own all 4, and purchased them for less than $50 -- NEW-- and total. Best Buy is selling all 4 in a package for $125!! So yeah, I''m a deal hunter, and movies are my favorite thing to get!
31.gif

Itgirl76

Shiny_Rock
I would rather be poked with a red hot poker....No way I did once when I was a teenager I have never done it since...I am in my early 30''s :)

Lexie

Shiny_Rock
The New York Times recently called Black Friday "a quintessentially American ritual of self-sacrifice at the altar of consumerism," and I wholeheartedly agree with that.

What really disgusts me, however, is reading headlines like this: Worker dies at Long Island Wal-Mart after being trampled in Black Friday stampede.

I know that times are tough and that people like great bargains, but c'mon!
38.gif

As far as I'm concerned, internet shopping is a godsend.

ETA: Looks like strmrdr beat me to breaking that story. Oh well!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually did go out today, didnt buy much, but the mall we went to wasnt that bad, it was crazier last year.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results