• I'm equally split

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or somewhere in between?

For fun I took a couple of L vs R brain tests and to see if they were accurate I took a few different tests.

http://braintest.sommer-sommer.com

http://www.arealme.com/left-right-brain/en/

http://testyourself.psychtests.com/testid/3178

On the first 2 tests I received a score around 70% left brain and 30% right brain but on the last test (which I felt more accurately reflected the way I am because the questions allowed for a more thorough answer) I received a 50/50 split of R and L brain.

The tests are very quick and fun IMO.

Results explained next post.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First 2 of the 3 tests in the first posts = balanced, the last test scored 38% and leans towards being Left Dominated.

DK :))

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am equally in the middle..which doesn't surprise me...I am left handed but can use my right almost as well as my left hand...so I am a little odd lol

lulu

Ideal_Rock
The power struggle is over. Both sides surrendered peacefully.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting tests.
Being an artistic, creative person my whole life, I just assumed I was right -brained.
I guess I was wrong, because I scored "left" on all the quizzes!
Maybe it's because I'm not very spontaneous, and I always think things through before I do anything.
I am a Virgo, after all. Organized chaos, that's me!

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm a mixed bag, which doesn't surprise me. I think by personality I'm more right-brained, but by education and profession I use a lot of left-brain skills. The first test I was almost 70% L, the second almost 70% R, and the third was about 60% R. The write-up on the third one did get one of my fundamental traits wrong because it said I was more of a visual learner/teacher when I'm totally not. I would rarely draw something to explain what I meant. I would just keep talking!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine were a jumble. Test one 63% left 37% right, test two 33% left 67% right, test 25% left 75% right.

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Scored 50:50 on first. 46 left v 54 right on second and 58 right on third. Pretty accurate I would like to think as I like science but love arts!

My job has been professional, in an area with its basis in science but with a high degree of social and interpersonal skills needed. Privately I love art, drawing, design, dance and music etc. Always been good at spatial stuff and maps and can easily imagine things in 3D and sketch them. As a child wanted to be a choreographer, an engineer, a mechanic, an artist etc ...always felt pulled in two directions!

Just wish I was more creative!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First 2 tests = slightly more right brained; last test 50/50

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are a Dem your left brain would be more dominant and if you are a Republican your right brain would be more dominant.

Thrain

Rough_Rock
Dancing Fire|1456728163|3997214 said:
If you are a Dem your left brain would be more dominant and if you are a Republican your right brain would be more dominant.
Why? After all, the left hemisphere controls the right half of the body and vice versa.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first test says the right side, the second test says the left side, and the third test says left side (29).

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was fun! Thank you for posting those links Missy!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
stracci2000|1456685279|3997036 said:
Interesting tests.
Being an artistic, creative person my whole life, I just assumed I was right -brained.
I guess I was wrong, because I scored "left" on all the quizzes!
Maybe it's because I'm not very spontaneous, and I always think things through before I do anything.
I am a Virgo, after all. Organized chaos, that's me!

Stracci, I think you're onto something here. This might be why I scored 70% left on the first 2 tests. I think everything through and need to plan. I am not spontaneous at all. My dh always jokes about that with me. If he says let's go out to dinner a few hours before I don't usually want to because I didn't plan for that lol. I need to schedule everything.

Though I did score 50% left and 50% right on the last test which as I wrote in the first post I feel more accurately reflects my brain. :read: The last test felt more accurate at least for me. I cannot imagine I am 70% left brain as the first 2 tests reflect because I cannot read maps if my life was depending on it.

Hounddog said:
Scored 50:50 on first. 46 left v 54 right on second and 58 right on third. Pretty accurate I would like to think as I like science but love arts!

My job has been professional, in an area with its basis in science but with a high degree of social and interpersonal skills needed. Privately I love art, drawing, design, dance and music etc. Always been good at spatial stuff and maps and can easily imagine things in 3D and sketch them. As a child wanted to be a choreographer, an engineer, a mechanic, an artist etc ...always felt pulled in two directions!

Just wish I was more creative!

Houndog, Me too! And wish I could read those maps like you can!

Dancing Fire, LOL. I love your craptistics. :cheeky:
Thrain, pay no attention to DF and his "crap"tistics. He is a master of making numbers up but we love him anyway. Maybe because of who knows. :wink2:

rainwood said:
I'm a mixed bag, which doesn't surprise me. I think by personality I'm more right-brained, but by education and profession I use a lot of left-brain skills. The first test I was almost 70% L, the second almost 70% R, and the third was about 60% R. The write-up on the third one did get one of my fundamental traits wrong because it said I was more of a visual learner/teacher when I'm totally not. I would rarely draw something to explain what I meant. I would just keep talking!

Haha me too rainwood. But you probably figured that out already. That I'm a talker. :oops: :lol:

lulu said:
The power struggle is over. Both sides surrendered peacefully.

Lulu, LOLOL. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scandinavian, thank you. I thought they were fun to take too.

Chrono and arkieb, the tests sure showed different results between tests. I doubt they are very accurate obviously but fun. I kept looking for the test that would give me the results I wanted hehe. :lol:

diamondrnglover, aren't we all? A little odd that is. :bigsmile:

dk168, your test results were almost opposite where the first 2 showed you as balanced and the last one showed you as left dominant. Funny.

Matata, same as me for last test...yay for balanced. :appl:

Thank you everyone for taking the time to take the tests. I could only convince my dh to take 2 of the 3 tests LOL.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results