shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you going to try aimovig for migraine?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very interesting! That sounds like a lot of Botox shots. And the aimovig sounds kind of disappointing. I’ve started the magnesium again so hopefully it builds up and helps. Storms are due on Saturday so Friday I would get the next headache. Luckily it’s been a few good days.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I get Botox every 12 weeks. My migraine frequency was about 15 per month, give or take a few. Quite a few of my migraines can last three or more days.

I receive injections across my forehead, between my brows, in each temple, in two paths up the back of my head, and down my neck. You can look at the Botox migraine pattern on google images. Receiving the injections isn’t so bad. I’ve found that nurses are better at it than neurologists. They’re gentler.

Oh, and I’ve been given shitty Botox. I had Jack Nicholson’s eyebrows. I thought I was getting old and beginning to look angry. I also thought that my eyebrow girl was failing me. A new Botox nurse with a background in cosmetics said that it was poorly placed Botox. Luckily, it wears off and I wear bangs.

All of that considered, I wouldn’t go without Botox. Functioning or not functioning with that kind of pain in my head is no longer an option now that I have been pain free for this long.

alpha238

Shiny_Rock
I get Botox every 12 weeks. My migraine frequency was about 15 per month, give or take a few. Quite a few of my migraines can last three or more days.

I receive injections across my forehead, between my brows, in each temple, in two paths up the back of my head, and down my neck. You can look at the Botox migraine pattern on google images. Receiving the injections isn’t so bad. I’ve found that nurses are better at it than neurologists. They’re gentler.

Oh, and I’ve been given shitty Botox. I had Jack Nicholson’s eyebrows. I thought I was getting old and beginning to look angry. I also thought that my eyebrow girl was failing me. A new Botox nurse with a background in cosmetics said that it was poorly placed Botox. Luckily, it wears off and I wear bangs.

All of that considered, I wouldn’t go without Botox. Functioning or not functioning with that kind of pain in my head is no longer an option now that I have been pain free for this long.
House Cat, I agree with you. I wouldn’t want to go without the Botox/Myoblocs either. I wish mine would last the whole 12 weeks. The intensity of the migraines are not as bad when I do get them.

There is a total of 31 injections. My younger daughter can’t get them in the occipital area. For some reason she has intense pain afterwards and then needs steroids to calm it down.

The Botox/Myoblocs are certainly so much better than getting the IV cocktail infusions we were having to get.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Honestly this is kind of what I'm afraid of. I once went on vacation to a place where I had zero migraines. It was amazing. And then when I came home and they started back up it felt 10x worse than usual because I'd gotten used to not being in pain all of the time. If it works and then stops working (as some have mentioned happened to them), I don't know how well I'd handle that :cry2:

Of course, I'm not going to let that stop me from doing it. I know you guys get it. The thought of actually being pain free, especially with the frequency of how often we deal with it... well, it seems like a dream.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
213F67D1-2B2B-448C-A6E3-6FC0332067B4.jpeg I hate that you’re suffering with migraines, @ILikeShiny
I’ve had them since I was 12. At one point they were daily and I really couldn’t function. They are the best they have ever been now, down to an average of 6 or 7 per month, treatable with one triptan pill and I can go about my business.

For me, to get to this place it takes a daily preventative, plus Botox every 12 weeks. Magnesium supplements. Major exercise (5-6 days per week). All of it totally worth it.

With the Botox let me caution you not to expect pain free immediately. It may take a couple of rounds. From what my neuro has explained to me, migraines beget migraines. The more you have, the more sensitive your brain becomes. That means the pain tends to be magnified. The great news is that when they get them calmed down, the reverse is true, too. It is less intense, easier to treat pain.

So hang in there and give it time.

If you are curious about Botox protocol, here is a photo I snapped while waiting for my neuro at my last Botox appointment. These are the official injection sites.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tonk’s, who is the women in your avetar? The face is familiar..game of thrones?

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Tonk’s, who is the women in your avetar? The face is familiar..game of thrones?

She’s Nymphadora Tonks from Harry Potter! (No idea who the actress is...)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, I do think she is also on GOT, ive never seen HP (shocking I know!)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
09608226-A875-4EBF-9D20-FFBC25FF6B0C.jpeg Me, my friend and DeeJay all have the headache:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium

She plays Osha (I think that’s her name) - the wildling woman who takes Bran north of the wall.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium

She plays Osha (I think that’s her name) - the wildling woman who takes Bran north of the wall.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
213F67D1-2B2B-448C-A6E3-6FC0332067B4.jpeg I hate that you’re suffering with migraines, @ILikeShiny
I’ve had them since I was 12. At one point they were daily and I really couldn’t function. They are the best they have ever been now, down to an average of 6 or 7 per month, treatable with one triptan pill and I can go about my business.

For me, to get to this place it takes a daily preventative, plus Botox every 12 weeks. Magnesium supplements. Major exercise (5-6 days per week). All of it totally worth it.

With the Botox let me caution you not to expect pain free immediately. It may take a couple of rounds. From what my neuro has explained to me, migraines beget migraines. The more you have, the more sensitive your brain becomes. That means the pain tends to be magnified. The great news is that when they get them calmed down, the reverse is true, too. It is less intense, easier to treat pain.

So hang in there and give it time.

If you are curious about Botox protocol, here is a photo I snapped while waiting for my neuro at my last Botox appointment. These are the official injection sites.

Tonks, I really appreciate your note. I've known few people IRL who understand what daily/almost daily migraines are like so talking with others who DO understand, and empathize, is really nice. I'm sorry you've had such pain and problems too. It sounds like yours have been much worse than mine, and need a lot to help keep you pain free. I'm really glad you've found something that works for you.
The Botox protocol is interesting! I thought there would be shots down the back of the neck too so I was wrong about that. I'm glad they do the traps as those are chronically tight from the headaches.

Thanks for sharing you protocol of what works for you. I'm going to add magnesium back in to my daily supplements and increase the intensity of my exercise as much as I can (still battling a severed nerve injury from over 18 months ago).

Thanks again!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
09608226-A875-4EBF-9D20-FFBC25FF6B0C.jpeg Me, my friend and DeeJay all have the headache:
Ugh. I hate storms :/

I'm curious... has anyone narrowed down the weather pressure point that bothers you the most?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm curious... has anyone narrowed down the weather pressure point that bothers you the most?

I have not. But I can tell you when I first moved to florida, the headaches were daily throughout the summer. That was a sucky year.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
The other thing that I am seeing a lot of buzz about right now, @ILikeShiny is an app called Curable. It explores the mind body connection and uses that to help with pain control. Apparently many migraineurs have found relief via this system. I downloaded it and liked the free trial, so I have just purchased access to the rest of the app. I’m not far enough into it to be able to give you a review as to whether it is working for me yet or not. There are several modules: learning about the science of pain, meditation, and therapeutic writing.

At this point in my life I figured why not?

I will keep you posted. And if you want to try it, there is quite a bit of content in the app before you have to pay.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock

Not a specific pressure point, but heck yes, i can usually tell you if it’s going to storm.

Are the rest of you using apps to track migraines? My neuro recommended I do that several years ago and it has been so helpful. I use one in which I can track the headaches themselves, the medications taken, and the triggers. Something like that might help you if you were trying to figure out what specific pressure point triggers you.

The app I use is called iHeadache. It’s not particularly slick, but it does the job. I got Migraine eDiary for my daughter so we wouldn’t get them mixed up, and it looks even nicer.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

30.1 and above

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Damn, got another migraine last night! Only 2 1/2 weeks after the last one. I don’t normally get them that frequently :cry2:. I still have no idea what my triggers are.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My neurologist cancelled my first appt last Wednesday and I am rescheduled for the 29Th with someone else. I have had a headache off/on since last friday but today took the cake. Worst one since the OJ bronco chase. Started with excedrine, moved on to rizatriptan, no relief. Then I lost my cookies on the way to work. Luckily I had a plastic bag in the car. Turned around and went home to a quiet room, puked some more and fell asleep. Now I have a migraine hangover and an angry husband because he never gets headaches and accused me of wanting the day off. Le sigh.....

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My neurologist cancelled my first appt last Wednesday and I am rescheduled for the 29Th with someone else. I have had a headache off/on since last friday but today took the cake. Worst one since the OJ bronco chase. Started with excedrine, moved on to rizatriptan, no relief. Then I lost my cookies on the way to work. Luckily I had a plastic bag in the car. Turned around and went home to a quiet room, puked some more and fell asleep. Now I have a migraine hangover and an angry husband because he never gets headaches and accused me of wanting the day off. Le sigh.....
Oh man, that sounds awful. As if the physical pain wasn’t bad enough, the unsupportive spouse takes the cake! :confused2:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just realized that I should give an update on the Botox shots that I received a few weeks ago. Obviously it’s kind of hard to say for certain, because I don’t know what I would have felt without the shots, but I have noticed a decrease in the number of migraines I’ve been getting. And, the ones I have gotten have been less intense than normal. Fingers crossed that this isn’t a fluke!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot about Botox. Will ask about that too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results