Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am.

I think it's cool now.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah...

I still wish the stickies were separate from the regular posts...but now I'm getting used to looking at the icon to tell where the regular posts begin.

So yeah...

Seems like others are also...more traffic.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Want to say more?

Or is it just a feeling thing?

Me, I'm slow to acclimate.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, now that I switched to Firefox. But things still need functionality improvements, which I know the team is working on.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
More or less, yes.

But, I sincerely dislike that I can't search through threads. Everytime I do a search, it searches through posts, and it becomes way too much to handle.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think so, although I haven't needed to use certain functions like attaching pictures. One thing I can't seem to get used to is that there's now a separate button to click when you want to quote someone. I'm still used to doing it the old way.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, every day I get more used to where everything is.
The old way of doing things on PS1 is slowly but surely fading into my distant memory.

I've been mostly a lurker, but will probably be posting a new project in the next couple of months (after it's completed).
I am dreading that a little bit (actively posting pictures, upkeeping my thread etc.) because it will all be a new process for me and I'm not sure I know all the short cuts yet. We'll see how that goes when the time comes.

But as a lurker, I can swim around the new PS2 pool just fine. :appl:

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I'm slow to adapt. I think I would say "Not yet" I visit the site less because I get frustrated with it. Loading a page is still quite slow for me. And Diamond hangout use to be a seperate selection on the menu. Now I have to leave the cursor on the Pricescope cafe, and select diamond hangout. It always disappears on me and it takes 2-3 tries. Believe it or not I lose patience with things like that.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes and I like that they made it easier on the eyes. But it's still taking me time to get used to. I don't post as often, too much navigating for me. Yeah lazy these days.. If I have to jump through hoops to get to a thread, and quote etc... I won't do it.

I liked how everything was in a line, and could go back and forth without losing my place...

But think Andrey, Ella and team PS have done a great job in listening to us and in trying to work out the kinks...

BUT PS1 was it for me, and know the growing pains lead us to PS 2. ;))

Forgive me for saying this, I don't get the feeling here that I had on PS1. That could be my problem.. Just sayin...

Many of my friends no longer post here. I know some tried PS2 but too many problems and gave up...

I am hoping they will come back. But the climate isn't what it used to be... ::)

I am logged in a lot, but not here, because if I log out, I can't log back in...

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, I'm definitely getting used to it but I still don't really like it. I don't like how far apart each thread title is-I feel like I'm constantly scrolling. And the website is now too big for my laptop screen so I have to scroll back and forth when I'm on the laptop. Plus I think it's a pain to use the drop down menu. I don't like to have to navigate over to the "Cafe" and then have to use another drop down menu.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely getting used to it - past the "nooooo!" stage and I can really appreciate many of the changes :bigsmile:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am getting use to it, I really like not having to rename the pictures every time!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thing2, I know what you mean about the scrolling and having two drop down menus. Both are slightly annoying, but the constant scrolling is what bothers me more. Overall, like I said earlier, I like the new PS, and these two things aren't exactly the end of the world. I'll get used to them.

I'd still LOVE to see a submit button at the top of the text box, but maybe that's just me.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kaleigh said:
I liked how everything was in a line, and could go back and forth without losing my place...
yeah, like when i click the "back button" it takes me back to top of the page again,then i have to scroll down the page to find where i was. :wacko:

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I'm permanently signed in because it is too difficult to sign in every time. Still getting used to all the scrolling and loading times.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am still getting used to it. I think I will eventually like it fine, but I am still getting to that stage.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I'm starting to get used to it.

I am not overly impressed by any of the changes, except the responsiveness of the site's moderators to our posts -- that I *am* impressed with.

I am coming back to post as much as I used to, although it seems traffic and posts are still lower than they were, which can be a little frustrating.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also don't like how they switched the placement of who started the thread and who replied last...I'm finding it super confusing. Okay, whine over!

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
I don't like the search function yet, or the time of day. I like the colors better now than last week. They are more muted.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am afraid that I feel the way Lisa does, but I know how hard Andrey and the team worked to put Pricescope 2.0 into place and to implement all the changes that we wanted, so I hate to speak about it! I think that the problem is in me, not in the new system. I probably just do not like change. I will probably adjust eventually.

Like Lisa, I miss having more posters. It feels as if very few people I know are posting here. I think that some of the problem is that people stopped posting when they thought that their posts to Pricescope 1.0 would not be archived. They got out of the habit of posting during that period. Then when Pricescope 2.0 was instituted they had already lost touch with the Pricescope community. Maybe in the fall when everyone returns from vacations the traffic on the site will pick up. I surely hope so!

Deb/AGBF
:read:

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Hi, Deb,

I'd come by to affirm some notes from Lisa (I am logged in a lot, but not here, because if I log out, I can't log back in... ), and saw your note.

Some history may be helpful, or maybe not. I'm guessing somethings about why the changes, but such speculation may not help.

Is there a "help" for the search function? I could not find it.

I'm guessing the admin would like to be focused on content, and is taking a hit on presentation to get there.

This place feels like a "big suit," kind of blown up, and the close fitting seams of PS 1 has left. Hopefully, with a focus on content, the design will be less of an issue. We'll see.

For now, I'm still showing up.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Maybe I didn't use a lot of the offered features of PS1, but other than the look of things and a few small differences, I don't notice much of a difference. I haven't had any issues with PS2, so I'd say I'm used to it. The only thing I've found so far that I don't like is that when you're reading one post, there's no button to go on to the next post or back to the previous one, you have to go back to the forum and scroll down. I end up not reading some posts because it does take a bit more time.

I always stayed logged in on the old one and do on the new one as well...never found any reason to log out.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey whatever happened to PMs? Are we not getting those here?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thing2of2 said:

IIRC admin said no PMs.

But PMS is still allowed. :bigsmile:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Regular Guy said:
Hi, Deb,

I'm guessing the admin would like to be focused on content, and is taking a hit on presentation to get there.

This place feels like a "big suit," kind of blown up, and the close fitting seams of PS 1 has left. Hopefully, with a focus on content, the design will be less of an issue. We'll see.

I'm sorry, Ira, but I don't know what you mean. What do you mean by focusing on content versus presentation? I also don't understand the idea of a big suit or tight seams. I am sorry to be so dense, but I have been truly left behind by everything you said. Would you try again, please?

Deb

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
AGBF said:
Regular Guy said:
Hi, Deb,

I'm sorry, Ira, but I don't know what you mean. What do you mean by focusing on content versus presentation? I also don't understand the idea of a big suit or tight seams. I am sorry to be so dense, but I have been truly left behind by everything you said. Would you try again, please?

Deb

Projecting...

I'm intending to create a website. Really. I expect to pick up something off the shelf. This will not be ideally portable, but I don't expect to make the time to figure out creating web pages, etc. This follows a previous thread.

I talked about this with my wife. She's interested, too, and bought a book about building web pages.

I'm just guessing Andrey is now using something off the shelf, and fit the contents of Pricescope into it.

It had seemed before that things were there because they were there by design.

Now, it seems content is just squeezed in, which has it exploding on the scene.

Garry has a pinned a topic on finding AGS stones.

One has to wonder what it's all about.

The old search by cut template is gone. Maybe this is intended. Do folks know that when you leave n/a alone, HCA is not operative. Are we imputing HCA is not so helpful anymore, so we SHOULD search for AGS? The old option for identifying AGS is as ever present as it ever was, but now buried a level. And...where are the reflector pictures that are in such high regard?

I read a few selected things are improvements, which I haven't used, like including pictures.

Otherwise, primarily, I think the intent was to keep the heart of the content going, in an environment that is maybe off the shelf, not customized for PS particularly, that fits the content like a big suit.

Sorry, I've wanted to be positive, but am using the opportunity of your query to me, Deb, to speculate about what I'm seeing.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nope. As far as I can tell, there haven't been any improvements, and a lot of things have gotten worse, like readability and ease of access. I understand that PS had to adapt to keep up with the scope of posting, and I appreciate how the mods are trying to fix the problems as fast as we tell them about them ... but I still really, really, really dislike it. It looks like a forum about purses that I would visit, if the layout wasn't so awful. I do hate the idea that PS, too, will become a forum I'd visit ... if the layout wasn't so awful. Sigh.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
kenny said:
thing2of2 said:

IIRC admin said no PMs.

But PMS is still allowed. :bigsmile:

/dead

You are hilarious Kenny.

I adapt easily to technology changes. We just implemented electronic workpapers within my department to eliminate binders and more importantly, paper. It is a HUGE change. Most of the work papers that I have worked on for the past 5 years in every single audit will be gone and replaced by electronic sign-offs, small boxes to convey huge messages, and symbols all of the place that links one document to 50 other. I'm glad I'm just a worker bee and don't have to worry about figuring out all of those symbols and links like the managers do 8) It's going to take some time to get used to it but it needed to be done. We'll work smarter, faster, and more efficient.

That's how I see PS. It's taking time to get used to it but that's what Pricescope needed to improve.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I appreciate all the hard work that went into getting PS2 up and running. What I miss is being able to easily jump from Hangout, to RT, to SMTR and FH&H. It takes a lot to jump around.... I wish we could have that back, PS2 takes a lot of time, and when you don't have all day to be doing the jumping around, you just don't do it.

I haven't been to RT. I love RT. I haven't seen what's up in SMTR...

I think regular guy summed up what I am feeling...

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kaleigh said:
I appreciate all the hard work that went into getting PS2 up and running. What I miss is being able to easily jump from Hangout, to RT, to SMTR and FH&H. It takes a lot to jump around.... I wish we could have that back, PS2 takes a lot of time, and when you don't have all day to be doing the jumping around, you just don't do it.

I have a mac and made each forum a bookmark.
I think on PCs they call them favorites.
One click and you're there.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results