shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you a "unicorn" too?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was at a store with Bibi on my shoulder.
As usual, that little green monster was chewing on my mask.
Someone who got a kick out of Bibi asked whether I was a, "unicorn".

"Unicorn?" I repeated.
"Yes a unicorn, one of those rare people today who still have not gotten COVID."
I said, "As far as I know (since some people don't get symptoms) I've never gotten it, so I guess I'm a unicorn."

Are you a unicorn?
How many unicorns do you know?

I had never heard unicorn used that way; have you?

Last edited:

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 3 of us have never caught Covid, that we know; we've never had symptoms.

However, my daughter, who lives with us, has just this week stopped wearing a mask at her summer cashier job, and will begin teaching at a public school in the fall, where she also plans not to wear a mask.

I admit I am concerned, but I can see why she wants to do this, and am not trying to dissuade her.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not me - got it twice, in March 2022 and right now.

Nearly everyone in my social circles have caught Covid at least once.

DK :))

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not me - got it twice, in March 2022 and right now.

Nearly everyone in my social circles have caught Covid at least once.

DK :))

Twice? :((

I hope you recover soon, my antelope-friend.

ant.jpg

Don't get it a third time.
People will think your a bit too ... Uh ... Um ... horny.

yyyy.png

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
my boss at the bakery hasnt had it but most of his large household have as have almost all of his staff

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes so far both my dh and I are still Covid-free "unicorns"

unicorngif.gif

(but TBH before Covid people (doctors and people who know me) considered me a unicorn for different reasons lol. Including my own DH. :) )

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To the best of my knowledge I haven't had it. I had the antibody test at one point, and in my old job we got tested every Monday until I left there in mid-January of this year, so if I did have it it was in the last six months and I didn't know it. I even lived in the house with TR while he had it and I've been exposed to it in a bunch of other instances.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DH, so far, has not come down with COVID.

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
So far, so good for me and my hubby.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No one I know in real life. I've had it once, DH twice. He recently had it but I didn't get it from him despite being around him 24/7 with no precautions (we didn't know he had it until it was at least a few days). At this point I honestly don't worry about it anymore. Even for DH who had a fairly rough round 1 round two was much much more mellow.

tomato

Shiny_Rock
I have never had it for reasons I don’t understand.

During lockdown and the first 1.5 years I masked, washed often, got grocery delivery, minimized travel.

Once schools reopened I was back, this time teaching undergraduates and mingling with the other grad students. I’ve also traveled quite a bit. I still wash my hands a lot, but being around thousands of students and on planes and in cars - I don’t see how it’s possible to not have caught it by now.

As a side note, my parents had been going through cancer treatment during the pandemic and hadn’t wanted to see any of us kids during that time, just in case we passed on a bug (understandable). They ended up being killed in a car accident, and I have struggled a lot with only having seen them once before they passed because of all the precautions my mom wanted to take. I wonder regularly if she had known what was going to happen if she would’ve made the same choice.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've not had it as far as I know. DH had it and as a pediatrician was exposed daily. I expected at some point to get it from him even though he was super cautious trying to minimize my exposure. I tested often because when my allergies were in full bloom, some of the symptoms mimicked an infection but all the tests were negative.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
my mom, me, my DH, and his brother -- none of us has had Covid to our knowledge

our siblings all had Covid, and quite a few of DH's and his brother's co-workers had Covid

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven’t had it, my DH got it despite the precautions we took, but recovered very quickly taking Paxlovid. I was with him 24/7 up until he was diagnosed, but was OK (vaxxed and boosted). In our immediate circle of friends, there’s only one couple we know who’ve both avoided it.

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have not had it yet, and I work in healthcare. Vaccinated and boosted X2.
I was written up after the third time of telling my boss that my patient care coordinator was not following the protocols that were set up to try to keep us safe, despite my discussing it with her. She didn't have direct patient contact as I did, and she didn't seem to grasp the concept that she was putting me at risk of getting COVID by not following the protocols. I basically had to say if they were not going to enforce those protocols to protect me, that I would not be coming to work. My family is all deceased, and I am single. I have no one to take care of my fur babies if something were to happen to me.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I know a few unicorns--my family and I have not had it either. I still mask at work--I am one of the few who do.

cheers--Sharon

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@tomato, I'm very saddened by your double loss.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DH and I, as far as we know, are unicorns - no symptoms at any time, have taken all possible vaccines, and continue to mask and take precautions.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have never had it for reasons I don’t understand.

During lockdown and the first 1.5 years I masked, washed often, got grocery delivery, minimized travel.

Once schools reopened I was back, this time teaching undergraduates and mingling with the other grad students. I’ve also traveled quite a bit. I still wash my hands a lot, but being around thousands of students and on planes and in cars - I don’t see how it’s possible to not have caught it by now.

As a side note, my parents had been going through cancer treatment during the pandemic and hadn’t wanted to see any of us kids during that time, just in case we passed on a bug (understandable). They ended up being killed in a car accident, and I have struggled a lot with only having seen them once before they passed because of all the precautions my mom wanted to take. I wonder regularly if she had known what was going to happen if she would’ve made the same choice.

I'm so sorry for your loss, and such painful circumstances to boot.

HGar

Shiny_Rock
Our family of 5 as well as my 80yo MIL to our knowledge haven’t had it.

It continues to surprise us as the kids are all teens and have had school nearly continually - other than when Australia went into lockdown. The eldest has also worked at her part time job during this time.

Plus the biggest surprise factor is DH and eldest son have travelled to and from the USA for the last 18mths - they are up around the 20 visits so far, youngest son and I are around 6 visits so far and other then the first 2 trips we haven’t had to mask on the 15hr flight or any internal flights.

We are all vaccinated however and use hand sanitizer like it’s going out of style.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Mine!Wifey and I have not had covid that we know of thankfully!!!!!

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
DH and I have had it once, although I often wonder if I had just before it hit the news, as I'd been traveling, and after returning home had the craziest "flu" I had ever had...

Family members are unicorns, having not (to the best of their knowledge) experienced COVID. :D

llamacat

Rough_Rock
Yes, one of my best friends still hasn't had it and is unvaccinated too. Travels alot as well.
Another is someone I work with. The rest of his family has had it twice but he hasn't had it at all and its been confirmed by pcr testing.

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
My son and his wife are probably the only people I know who haven’t had it.

• Wow
Reactions: DAF

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a unicorn, probably because I got the initial shot and the boosters. Several friends of mine are also unicorns.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband is a unicorn. My two kids and their partners in Oregon are too. One son here had it twice. Both DIL, one son, and four grandkids here got it once and I got it from them.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Knock on wood ( im stupidsticious)

ETA- I was able to work straight on through- and also had to do international traveling during 2020-2021.
Knock knock knock on wood....

Last edited:

tomato

Shiny_Rock
I'm so sorry for your loss, and such painful circumstances to boot.

Yeah, I lost my brother the previous year from an overdose and two other siblings prior to that. So it’s just me and one sibling left. It’s a weird club to be in, and the isolation of lockdown really made everything so much harder.

I’m doing a lot better now, though. The first few months were hell.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As far as I know, I'm a unicorn and I know a few others who are as well.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results