shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you a one halo kinda person?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you had a halo Ering, would you wear another halo ring?

A little background. I love the look of a pear shaped stone with a halo. I''ve discovered that FI may have ventured into the world of colored stones and I ''think'' I have a new pear shaped Malaya garnet coming to me in the next few weeks. For the time being it will hang out with my other loose stones (acqua and tourms), but eventually he and I want to do a project together with it. I''m thinking of ideas....

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I have a halo ering and I have thought about this. I think I would feel like it was halo overkill to also wear one on my right hand. Sometimes from the right hand ring standpoint, I wish my ering wasn''t a halo. But. it woudn''t bother me to see someone else wearing one on each hand. So, go for it if it makes you happy!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting question HH.

I''ve got a number of coloured pear shaped stones with halos (why are you not surprised doppelganger?! lol) but I don''t tend to wear one on each hand - it''s actually not something that I would reach into the jewellery box for in the first instance. I quite often wear a coloured pear shaped stone with halo on my right hand though.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
So LD are you saying you don''t wear your halo ering on your left when you wear one of your other halo rings?

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I think colored stones look so amazing with halos. I have a halo, but I think wearing 2 halo rings at one time may be overkill. Maybe if one halo is super delicate, then it wouldn''t be too overpowering. Hmmm... but then again, if they bring you joy, why not???
35.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just to confirm, I would wear them on separate hands, not both on one.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m planning on having one halo EVER. It will be on a colored stone. And it is a copy of a ring from a much loathed celebrity. But as on par for PSers, it will be better (and classier, but that goes without saying for this particular celeb).
3.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calling HH, calling HH ............

I was trying not to be specific in my last post because this can be confusing but I don''t actually have an ering! Yes, yes I know! I''m the queen of bling but don''t have an ering! In my husband''s culture they don''t do erings and it''s normally a plain band (WOT NO DIAMONDS I hear you cry?). Yep, no diamonds! Was almost enough to halt proceedings at that stage I can tell you
9.gif

So what that means is that I wear my plain gold band (now my wedding band) and rotate my diamond rings on my left hand so I have a never ending supply of different erings! Actually I reckon in hindsight it was a good deal cos Hubby has had to buy me far more rings than he ever thought possible!
36.gif

Therefore my answer above was based on when I wear my white pear diamond with a halo as my ering, do I wear another halo on the right hand.

Hope that helps!

Over and out.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Something I''ve never thought about before, but now that you mention it, I am a one halo kinda person.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I would say it depends on how large your collection is - lets say, if you only have an halo ering and two RHR''s, I don''t think I would want one of them also to be a halo. But, lets say you''re like LD and have lots of different RHR''s (hi LD!
35.gif
9.gif
) - say like 4 or more - then sure, another halo would be fine.

Keep in mind, I am not a "halo person" to start with, so this is just imho of course
1.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
My collection is small. This would be for a RHR. I usually just wear the T&Co. "Nature" ring on my right hand (silver band about 6 mm wide) and my ering on my left.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 9:52:50 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
My collection is small. This would be for a RHR. I usually just wear the T&Co. ''Nature'' ring on my right hand (silver band about 6 mm wide) and my ering on my left.
Hrmm..in that case, HH my honest opinion, there are sooo many different lovely ring styles out there - I would get something different
from my ering.
But, like I said, halo is not the top of my list - you of course really like them
5.gif

what about a metal bezel instead?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh good call. I do really like the new T&Co bezel line http://press.tiffany.com/News/NewsItem.aspx?id=4

I''m sure similar styles are available in stock settings.

Who would you ladies recommend sending this to for setting?

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/22/2009 7:39:05 AM
Author: LovingDiamonds

I was trying not to be specific in my last post because this can be confusing but I don''t actually have an ering! Yes, yes I know! I''m the queen of bling but don''t have an ering! In my husband''s culture they don''t do erings and it''s normally a plain band (WOT NO DIAMONDS I hear you cry?). Yep, no diamonds! Was almost enough to halt proceedings at that stage I can tell you
9.gif
Same thing around here *sigh*

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 1:54:49 AM
Author: FrekeChild
I''m planning on having one halo EVER. It will be on a colored stone. And it is a copy of a ring from a much loathed celebrity. But as on par for PSers, it will be better (and classier, but that goes without saying for this particular celeb).
3.gif

I obviously have a halo ering, but I loooove colored stones with halos. The contrast really gets me. I''m wondering if I did a different style, like a split shank with a halo, if I could get away with it.....hmmm....waaahhh (I feel whiny today.)

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
BTW, this is the stone...

imperial-pear-127ct.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 9:00:59 AM
BTW, this is the stone...
Whoa HH, thats fabulous!
Do you have it yet? You must post in C.S!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not yet, that''s the vendor''s picture. Fi has it, but it''s my Bday present, so he''s holding on to it for another week. Booo
7.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful stone!
I''ve thought about this too. For me my halo is so teeny tiny that I would do it. Maybe you could halo it with another colored stone so it wouldn''t be as similar to your ER... I''m thinking your pretty pink stone with blue sapphire halo. So pretty!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
or what about halo''ing it but in a rose gold setting? Do you think that would add or take away from the stone? I''d still do white diamonds. My ering is WG.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 10:59:40 AM
or what about halo''ing it but in a rose gold setting? Do you think that would add or take away from the stone? I''d still do white diamonds. My ering is WG.
I was thinking that too as an option that isn''t so bold. I think that would be really nice!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My philosophy is the more halos the better!
31.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Catmom-I like your style!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have a diamond halo but it wouldn''t bother me. Diamonds in diamond halos look entirely different than gemstones in diamond halos.

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
I have a halo e-ring and my rhr that I wear almost every day also has a halo. They''re different types of halos though so I think it works.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I have the stone in my possession! I''m going to try to take some pictures of it and my new acqua at lunch. It''s really pretty.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay so here''s the thread to my pictures. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-start-of-my-colored-stone-collection.110761/

I''m still really digging the halo idea for the pear. I''m thinking 3-stone (with diamonds) or bezel solitaire for the acqua and earrings for the tourms.

Thoughts?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
HH, I love your stone, love the color
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
and I love halos too.
9.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 1:16:03 PM
Author: Linda W
HH, I love your stone, love the color
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
and I love halos too.
9.gif

Why thank you my dear
4.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your stone is lovely and I think you should get whatever style of ring for it you want. It would be lovely in a halo and any other style of ring you choose.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results