shape
carat
color
clarity

Are we supposed to ask for ASET and Idealscope?!

jrfl

Rough_Rock
I see people discussing these and I’m not really sure whether that is something we as buyers should be asking for? Does every vendor provide these or only certain ones?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many vendors will not have a scope, but it doesn't hurt to ask. Another option is to buy a scope yourself to evaluate the diamond after you receive it.

jrfl

Rough_Rock
Many vendors will not have a scope, but it doesn't hurt to ask. Another option is to buy a scope yourself to evaluate the diamond after you receive it.
How/what do I ask for exactly?

Is it discouraged bringing a loose stone and asking to use their ASET equipment?

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
Is it discouraged bringing a loose stone and asking to use their ASET equipment?

If they had one, I don't know that they'd want to test stones for you that you are not buying from them. Depending on your price range, timeline, and other parameters, I would suggest that you buy from a vendor who regularly provides these images. That way, you can be assured that you're getting what you want. You could always experiment with buying and taking your own ASET images later, for fun/hobby purposes. I know a lot of vendors say "buy with your eyes," but the issue for me is that vendors have seen tens of thousands of stones of different cut quality in different lighting conditions, so they can much more easily determine what the "best" is just by looking at it. And, remember that most jewelers do not sell and do not understand super ideal cut stones. We, as consumers/novices, have seen maybe three or four diamonds in person, up close and really studied them (at least that was the case with me) and have no idea if those performed in the bottom tenth, middle fiftieth, or top tenth percentile of all diamonds. If you want to buy a diamond that you will be happy with no matter how much you continue to see and learn, I would depend on ASET and Idealscope images first. Vendors that I know have or would provide ASET/Idealscope images of lab diamonds:
@Rhino at Distinctive Gem (I have a fabulous lab diamond from him)
@Texas Leaguer at Whiteflash (I have fabulous mined stones from them)
Brian Gavin
Frank Darling (sometimes provides upon request)
ID Jewelry (https://idjewelry.com/) (Sometimes can provide upon request)

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

That's going to depend on the jeweler.
I have been accommodated by two Helzberg stores in my locale with using their AGS ASET Scope...the bigger metal tank style.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results