shape
carat
color
clarity

Are trapezoid side stones especially pricey?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock

My Mother-in-law told me that I was going to be shocked at how pricey a pair of traps will be. I want a pair to go with a 8mm cushion sapphire. I have no idea what to expect pricewise – nor do I know what size would work well with an 8mm stone. Does anyone know what price range a small pair of traps would be?

Thanks!

If they are outrageous, I will probably opt for a pave solitaire setting or something a bit less pricey. I was hoping to stay in the $1500 range for the setting.

Thanks!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah they are pricey. I was really surprised just how pricey they were.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The larger and higher the quality of the pair the pricier. And yes, Fancies in different cutting combination become substantial pricier than Rond Brilliants.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2007 4:18:43 PM
Author: DiaGem
The larger and higher the quality of the pair the pricier. And yes, Fancies in different cutting combination become substantial pricier than Rond Brilliants.
This was my experience with half-moons also. They were actually more expensive than the same size/quality RB''s. The premium was about 20% more than an Ideal EX/EX RB.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Like i said before...., fancy shaped diamonds in differnt shapes and combinations of sets, lines, layout etc, etc..., will be callculated on a different basis than rounds.
They will be more pricey than rounds...., rounds are the easiest shape to match to quantities.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I found decent traps , .52ct total weight, at a very reasonable price. ($1550, that includes a 14k white gold setting!!) I was pleased - they were not set, so I had a chance to get a good look. They are H-si, one trap had a slightly visible inclusion to my eye. It wasn’t that noticable, and I really loved the way they looked with my sapphire. I’m having the stones set in a plain 3 stone setting, set low, with no other diamonds – very plain. I can’t wait to share – the ring is due back in 2 weeks. YAY!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh your setting sounds lovely! Congrats on find a pair of traps that you like, and I can''t wait to see the finished ring.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the update. Looking forward to seeing the finished ring. I LOVE colored stones.
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results