shape
carat
color
clarity

Are this people true ???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Why can they call their diamonds H&A with such proportions ?
(Look at the red marks !)
6.gif

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who are these people? Did you forget to attach a file.

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Sorry !!!!!!!!!
Here is the file !!!

Regards,

sans titre2.jpg

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
You're right, Stephan.

Even if those stones have H&A patternt, they are not the best cuts: deep and small spread.

Lugus

Shiny_Rock
lots of jewelers call their stone H&As. In my search I called ahead to a jeweler and told her I only wanted to see their best H&A stones. I was told by her that all stones cut correctly show off the H&A pattern. I thought that was a good sign, but when I went to see the stones they brought in I'd never seen such pathetic examples of H&A. Sure, the pattern was there, but it wasn't pretty.
9.gif

optimized

Shiny_Rock
a while back...

---------

...I'd just like to throw a very small word of caution into the mix about the vaunted H&A grail. Although the marketing dollars thrown at the cut would say otherwise, I think it's important to remember that an H&A cut is only a definitive indicator of the overall symmetry of the diamond's facets, and doesn't always mean it's a well-proportioned diamond. In my experience H&As typically are also very well proportioned (probably due to the fact that a cutter who puts the level of craftsmanship required into producing an H&A will also go to the trouble of making sure the proportions/angles are ideal as well), but the H&A pattern isn't a concrete indicator of brilliance/fire/scintillation all by itself.

I understand why H&As often are so good, but it seems to me there is sometimes a bit too much emphasis put on it, to the exclusion of other very important factors...

is appropriate here:

"Here are some technical observations:
* Most H&A look better than most AGS 0’s
* There are beautiful H&A’s well outside the AGS 0 range
* Not all AGS 0 stones display H&A
* Some H&A leak light and are not ideally cut"

---------

So, it's actually possible that the diamonds you listed are in fact H&As, but as Leonid mentioned, that in itself doesn't mean that the diamonds are proportioned well. H&As usually are very good, but it's important to look further...

My $.02

-Tim
[/u][/u]

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hello Stephan;

It is sad that some diamond retailers, stores and internet sites, have to resort to deception to get you to come into the store or site. You have to know that sales clerks have to say exactly what thier boss tells them to. The sales clerk may be a student or whatever and knows less than you about diamonds. If the boss tells them that all well cut diamonds have the H&A pattern and they only sell well cut stones, what choice does the clerk have. The boss figures if he can get you into the door than he has a chance to make a sale.

When a retailer is not doing well they might start grasping at straws just to get a sale and the customer is left with the problem.
8.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results