shape
carat
color
clarity

Are these prices good, or can they go lower?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PeteyPauls

Rough_Rock
I''m no diamond expert here, but those prices are just bizarre. If the actualy supplier price is that low on the 1 Carat, maybe he means .5 Carats on the other diamond. That would be more in line percentage wise, but still ridiculously low.

I think the best part of the post is that you can supposedly get a 5 Carat ring for those specs at that price and you''re still trying to negotiate down.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know since he is offering such good prices, I bet he''d be willing to go even lower.
I would offer him $19.99 per carat (all the 99''s makes it seem like more money).
Contigent of course on a gia or ags report that confirms a) they are diamonds and b) the specs match his claims.

starz1

Rough_Rock
ok ppl stop it.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Starz1,

The people here aren’t nearly as mean as they seem. They’ve just heard this sort of question before and you’re diving down the rabbit hole. Either someone is taking you for a fool or you are doing the same to us. Perhaps both. How do I know this? Because any old 5ct. D-VVS1 will be an easy sell at 100 times the price you’re quoting. A good one will bring even more than that. I suppose it’s always possible that this seller is anxious to help support your new business by taking a 99% loss but this would be a very generous offer indeed. If this is the plan, I would encourage them to just write you a check for the extra $100k and allow you to spend it in other ways that will better contribute to you growing business than having a single expensive piece of inventory. You’ll get better value and it will cost them the same.
Another scenario is that it’s not as you describe and someone is lying. If the seller isn’t your mother, this strikes me as far more likely. If the seller IS your mother, I guess it will depend on your relationship with mom. Either way there is clearly more to this story than you’re letting on.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2005 12:46:56 PM
Author: denverappraiser
Starz1,

The people here aren’t nearly as mean as they seem.
Neil Beaty

GG(GIA) ISA NAJA

Independent Appraisals in Denver

Hey speak for yourself im even meaner than I seem, stop trying to wreck my reputation.

As for the troll that started this thread its kinda fun to feed trolls once in the while to see what they will do next just dont take them seriously.

VuittonGal

Shiny_Rock
What''s a shill and what''s a conflict diamond????

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2005 7:44:14 PM
Author: VuittonGal
What''s a shill and what''s a conflict diamond????

A shrill is someone hired by a company to promote goods or smear the competition and make a lot of noise.
This person doesnt appear to me to be one.

conflict diamonds are diamonds sold on the black market to support rebellions, terrorism and wars.
They are then bought by legit firms and sold thru regular channels.

callista

Rough_Rock
LOL!

I thought when shill was posted, they meant chill!!!! Now I see they meant shrill! LOL!
20.gif

I think everyone has scared starz1 away! It''s too bad, I was really enjoying this thread!
41.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results