shape
carat
color
clarity

Are these prices close?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dannanews

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I have looked at a number of diamonds and wanted to get some feedback if I'm heading in the right direction.

I have about $10,000 U.S to spend on the diamond.

Here is what I'm looking for:

Weight: 1.5ct
Color: F-G
Clarity: VS2
Cut: ?(The best I can find)

Any comments on my selection criteria would be appreciated.

I have had a lot of difficult getting an accurate picture of the quality of the cut. I'm in the process of trying to get an Ideal Scope. Most dealers I've talked to have not been too helpful with regards to cut. Has anyone had any problems with dealers if they brought in their own Ideal Scope? I've been into two dealers that had their own and was pleased to use it, but both of these dealers only had one stone in the range that I'm looking for and I didn't like them.

Thanks in advance. :wavey:

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

I bought a 1.44 brilliant marquise GIA E VS2 for $6,000. (Which I thought was a good deal). Knowing only about the length to width ratio at the time. Now that I found this site, I posted the proportions of my stone & found that my stone is cut too deep. (Which doesn't bother me). But it was member "Old Miner" who let me know me know about my cut. I went & checked out his website (gemappraisers.com) which has a good chart that defines the different percentages allowable for the different shapes of diamonds. It might be a good thing for you to check out!
Good luck!

dannanews

Rough_Rock
Tarams, thanks for the reply.

I forgot to mention that I was only interested in round brillant cut diamonds. I have heard that other cuts can cost a lot less, but I really prefer the round cut. It is what my mother has and I feel I can judge what I am getting better than with other cuts.

BTW, I just ordered my Ideal Scope and I'm looking forward to using it. Does anyone have any experience bringing these into stores? Have any of the dealers asked questions or complained?

mrmarius

Rough_Rock
Most dealers won't even know what it is. I had some dealers that thought it was cool and interesting, and a couple who had a condescending attitude about it, as if they thought it didn't work. But there were none who didn't let me look through it. They would be out of their minds if they did.

I explained the concept behind it to one of the dealers, and they really were impressed and even took out some of their other stones to look at through it.

Defintely bring it along.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results