shape
carat
color
clarity

Are these good prices? Which diamond is better?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ukz483

Rough_Rock
I realize I need to get more information (pavillion and crown), but I'm having a difficult time with which diamond is the better deal:Diamond 1:
1.33 carat
E color
VS1 clarity
Depth 62
Table 57
Thin to med. faceted
Very Good polish
Excellent Symmetry
Price $9850Diamond 2:
1.43 carat
D color
VVS2 clarity
Depth 62.3
Table 60
Thin to slightly thick girdle
Very Good polish
Good Symmetry
Price $11,600Also, are these good prices? Thanks.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
You have better chance to have nicer stone with the first. It would be easier to say having crown and pavilion angles for it.Does it have GIA grading report too? What are the measurements for the 1st stone?Personally I like #1 - it is cheaper and you won't see a difference between D and E colors or VVS2 and VS1 clarity anyway.$9,800 sounds ok.Did you compare the diamonds and see the difference yourself? Which one do you like more?

ukz483

Rough_Rock
Thanks. They both have GIA. I'm not sure how to get pavilion and crown information. I'll ask them when I call if they have it, but do they usually have access to this information if it's not on the GIA?The measurements for the first stone are 7.06-7.13 x 4.4mmThe measurements for the second stone are
7.20-7.28 x 4.51I did compare them and could tell a slight difference between D and E. Perhaps that won't be as noticable in mounted in platinum band? I must say I was more attracted to the slightly larger stone. I agree that the VVS2 didn't matter, but the size and color were noticable. I'm not good at judging brilliance so didn't have a clear winner there to my naked eye.Any additional input based on that addional information about measurements? Thanks again for your input. I really appreciate it.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Even with the pavilion and crown information, you won't have near enough information about the stones.First off, gett an average of the table, crown and pavilion mean nothing if the angles components used to form the average are not in close tolerance.Secondly... even with the table, crown angles and pavilion main angle, you still are only analyzing 17 of the 57 facets ( 1 more if you consider the culet) so what about the other 40 facets....Think they don't matter.....???? Surprise they do. We report all angles for all facets in our report.If you want to rely on information about a diamond, make sure its complete.
rockdoc
------------------

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results