shape
carat
color
clarity

Are these cufflinks cheesy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BZ

Rough_Rock
I need an honest opinion. Over the last few years, my husband has really gotten into french cuff shirts with cufflinks. I found this pair yesterday that you can personalize with pics of your kids. Is this a really silly idea or do you think he would enjoy having them?

cufflink_lg.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, just in my humble opinion, yes. I can tell you that my husband would never wear those. It is a cute idea, but just a little much I think.

bluehue

Shiny_Rock
ditto

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree as well.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cute in theory, but too cheesy in practice.

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
Hubby is into French cuffs too. He loves wearing different cuff links.

I could see those as a Father''s Day or Christmas gift from the kids. Something Hubby would wear to Church or a family Wedding or something like that.

But definitely not for a business meeting.

BZ

Rough_Rock
Thanks for confirming the cheesiness (sp?) of the cufflinks. We will have to come up with something else.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2007 1:40:28 AM
Author: BZ
Thanks for confirming the cheesiness (sp?) of the cufflinks. We will have to come up with something else.
How about something in gold or silver that has their initials engraved in it instead? This would be very classy and also sentimental.

BZ

Rough_Rock
kcoursolle, great idea. Hadn''t thought about doing something with the girls initials. I have charms with their initials, but he doesn''t have anything. I will look around and see what I can find.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m late looking at this thread. I think because I never really understood what the word, "cheesy" meant. This thread is helping me to learn what it means from seeing it used with an example!

I agree with everyone else that when a man bothers with French cuffs he wants to look elegant. For my husband, this means at work. My husband won''t even wear cufflinks or a tie from a university he attended unless he is going to a function of one of those universities. He considers business wear to be conservative: plain gold color or silver color cufflinks and a low key tie, usually in red or yellow. His "work" shirts are, now, all white although there have been times when he wore some blue or some blue with white collars!

34.gif

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Beyond.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Fromage !! (sorry, couldn''t help myself) (probably didn''t spell it right)

What about Vintage Cuff Links?

My best girlfriend loves cuff links, so I''ve thought about giving her
a gift certificate for a custom white shirt (w/french cuffs) and a pair of
yummy vintage cuff links.

There are several web sites out there.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Yes I thnk they are cheesy.

My husband would totally wear them but he has zero fashion sense so its up to me to not buy him something like that LOL.

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Cuff links should display understated elegance and make a great style statement.

Keep it simple and classy not "cheesy"
2.gif

Personally, I love wearin'' ''em!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ended up giving my husband cufflinks for our 30th anniversary yesterday. I had no preconceived idea of what I wanted for him, I just knew that if it was going to be cufflinks, they had to be special. I went to three mall jewelry stores, looking at both new and estate cufflinks before I found the pair I wanted in Brooks Brothers. They had a silver oval pair with a pattern on them that I liked; I wasn''t sure if the pattern was a tulip or an anchor or something else. I asked. It turned out to be the Brooks Brothers logo. That was fine with me. We had houseguests so we took them out to dinner with us. My husband changed out of his suit before we went out to eat. I noticed that he had been wearing round gold cufflinks monogrammed with his initials. Since he would never have gotten any jewelry for himself, I must have had the good taste to get him those on a previous occasion ;-).

Deb
34.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/11/2007 11:55:11 PM
Author: Ann
Fromage !! (sorry, couldn''t help myself) (probably didn''t spell it right)

What about Vintage Cuff Links?

My best girlfriend loves cuff links, so I''ve thought about giving her
a gift certificate for a custom white shirt (w/french cuffs) and a pair of
yummy vintage cuff links.

There are several web sites out there.
LOL, you did spell it correctly, Ann!

I agree, although I do appreciate the idea behind the cuff links with loved ones'' pics encased I think a conservative guy might feel a little strange in a business setting wearing something that is so personal--it would kind of convey a sense of vulnerability, maybe? Unless your hubby is just a big teddy bear of a guy who would actually really appreciate them and wear them, I don''t think they''re a wise purchase. But they''re really cute!

mikespooner

Rough_Rock
I would consider pictures of my kids a bit too personal to wear like that.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results