shape
carat
color
clarity

Are there people here who deny climate change (global warming)?

Do you agree or disagree that there is climate change, or whether we should do something about it?

• Yes, there is climate change, and it's important we do something to slow or stop it.

Votes: 59 80.8%
  • Yes, there is climate change, but it's not a high priority in the political issues I care about.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • No, I do not think there is climate change.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other - please explain your own point of view.

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Obviously Gore and the rest of us are concerned with the later.
You should be too, Karl.

Mr. Global warming and Mr. Green new deal are the two biggest polluters on earth... :rolleyes: Notice the 1 ton of firewoods behind Sanders which he'll burn during the winter time in Vermont. Aren't Gore and Sanders both name Mr. Green???. Two Dem. hypocrites .. :wall:

1598156825188.png

Last edited:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

So the Fvck what! :roll:

Doesn't the Catholic church hypocritically preach that molesting kids ain't very nice?
Yet, they've paid out zillions to hush up victims.
YET ... STILL, there are a billion Catholics. :doh:

My point is, a message is what it is, regardless of whether the messengers themselves practice their message.
Messengers being hypocrites does not make their messages not true.

Nice try though.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My point is, a message is what it is, regardless of whether the messengers themselves practice their message.
Messengers being hypocrites does not make their messages not true.
Do as I say not as I do! :rolleyes: :wall:

voce

Ideal_Rock
Do as I say not as I do! :rolleyes: :wall:

Same thing as Trump and mail-in ballots. Deplorable. I don't like Gore and I don't like Trump, but even if you don't accept them as messengers, the message has been broadcast so many times, and you don't judge the veracity of the message based on the action of one messenger among many.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My best friend works for NASA and his job some years ago was measuring polar ice caps to extrapolate changes that had occurred over time (long time - think - thousands of years). I have another friend - since high school - who was on the climate change group who wrote the report that won the Nobel Peace Prize some years back.

These people are lifelong scientists. They're both government funded. The American friend is Republican. The Australian friend is a lifelong conservative. Neither of them want to believe in climate change. Both of them do.

Why do some people think everything they don't want to believe is a conspiracy theory? Sometimes it's just bad news. Sometimes it IS our fault. Sometimes we DO have to change.

As a Christian myself, I have never understood why Christians would admit to sin in every conceivable area...EXCEPT environmental responsibility. (I'll include gluttony and sexism there - topics on which you NEVER hear sermons - but that's a whole other topic). Christians should be the FIRST people to admit when we're not doing well - and we are FOR SURE not doing well at taking care of this planet.

But - religion or no religion - just look at the shrinking Amazon. Anyone who thinks that problem isn't man-made, or who thinks that won't come back to bite us on the behind, just has their head in the sand. The shrinking Amazon, the warming oceans, the shrinking polar ice caps - these situations terrify me. I know people who look at these things and think - "Well - the world's gotta end some time..." To which I respond - sure, maybe it does. But I'd rather it DIDN'T END ON MY WATCH.

And as for the flagrant loss of health and beauty - that's just heartbreaking. Yes, we can adapt. We can adapt to uglier, sadder, sicker. We can adapt to less. We can adapt to poor. But - here's a thought - why should we? Why not change our behavior and NOT adapt to those things? How about we preserve some trees, save some animals, conserve some water, clean the air, and keep the shit out of the oceans and waterways? How about we all settle for being just a little bit less rich and cushy, and a tad more responsible?

Until we value health and beauty more than our own fat, comfy asses, we're not gonna change a damn thing. I go with 'health and beauty' because 'responsibility' seems to be just too far beyond some people.

We have got to be the only species on earth that looks at something gorgeous, like a wild, beautiful, giraffe in Africa - and thinks - "Oooo! I know! Let's kill it!!"

Do not start me on the hunting culture....

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results