shape
carat
color
clarity

Are there certain diamond types that are easier to re-sell?

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Are there certain diamond types that are easier to re-se

GREAKLY|1361400980|3385727 said:
If certain vendors for whatever reason (lower costs, higher efficiency, etc) are willing to operate with smaller profit margins than others why are you trying to blame me (the customer) for that? If airlines or car makers start a price war tomorrow, should the customer feel guilty for buying their product(s) cheaper than he should have? I don't think so.

Well, you know who those vendors are. Buyers buy. Be sure to show us the ring. Personally, I'd avoid princess cuts due to the trendiness and also because of those fragile corners that seem to be easily snapped. [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/forums/show-me-the-bling-rings-earrings-jewelry.8/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/forums/show-me-the-bling-rings-earrings-jewelry.8/[/URL] :bigsmile:

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock

GREAKLY|1361590964|3388306 said:
Well, originally I was trying to figure out how to get as much money as possible in case I need to sell the stone. After reading this forum I quickly realized that in order to achieve that I'd have to pay for the stone as little as possible in the first place...

Just as an aside, to throw another variable or two into the mix: Once it's given to the wife, the diamond or ring becomes her personal property, because it is a gift. In the event of a divorce, the court usually allows the woman to keep her jewelry, because it is a gift. Either way, married or divorced, the diamond is hers, not yours, and not marital property, at least not in any of the three states I have resided in. Gifts are excluded from marital property in divorces. I am not sure how they are treated in bankruptcy cases, however. Sale of it might be a moot point.

GREAKLY

Rough_Rock

TC1987|1361627333|3388476 said:
Personally, I'd avoid princess cuts due to the trendiness and also because of those fragile corners that seem to be easily snapped.

Personally, I agree with you. But the shape choice is not up to me :( What sweetens the deal though is the fact that comparable rounds (1+ ct, H, VS2, GIA XXX) are worth about $2000 more, than princesses. So, at least I am saving money upfront.

GREAKLY

Rough_Rock

TC1987|1361628664|3388486 said:
GREAKLY|1361590964|3388306 said:
Well, originally I was trying to figure out how to get as much money as possible in case I need to sell the stone. After reading this forum I quickly realized that in order to achieve that I'd have to pay for the stone as little as possible in the first place...
Just as an aside, to throw another variable or two into the mix: Once it's given to the wife, the diamond or ring becomes her personal property, because it is a gift. In the event of a divorce, the court usually allows the woman to keep her jewelry, because it is a gift. Either way, married or divorced, the diamond is hers, not yours, and not marital property, at least not in any of the three states I have resided in. Gifts are excluded from marital property in divorces. I am not sure how they are treated in bankruptcy cases, however. Sale of it might be a moot point.

Thank you for clearing this aspect but the separation issue is the least of my concerns. If we get divorced, she keeps the ring. But if she happens to hate my guts and decides to sell it I want to make sure she gets as much money as possible.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results