shape
carat
color
clarity

Are there any watch collectors on here?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

The Ice Man

Rough_Rock
I am new on here. I am into stones as well as fine time pieces. Is anyone else on here into watches as well?

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2009 10:58:53 PM
Author:The Ice Man
I am new on here. I am into stones as well as fine time pieces. Is anyone else on here into watches as well?
Welcome to Pricescope!There are several forum members who have a passion for high end timepieces and horology!The are not a large amount of threads dedicated to watches. When there is one,there is a good response.Tell us about which watches you favor and why.Watch brands like Rolex,JLC,Patek,Chopard,Omega and Bulova have been discussed in the recent past.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Although I have not been one of the participants in the watch threads, I could pull up old threads for you to peruse as I have pulled up old threads on topics as I have followed closely (like charm bracelets or Georg Jensen silver). I think it might be better, as jewelerman suggests, that you start posting about your watches (as you did already in another thread). Then, instead of revisiting old postings, we can see some new ones!

How do you feel about reposting the photos of your watches in this thread with descriptions of them? Have you been able to refine the photos at all?

AGBF
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not sure what these will look like, but I am attempting to repost one of the photos of your watches, The Ice Man.

AGBF
34.gif

TheIceManWatches.jpg

The Ice Man

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I am really starting to like this forum. Great people like you, beautiful pieces to view, what else do I need! I am working on the photo thing.

show off 2.JPG

The Ice Man

Rough_Rock
Any better?

show off 3.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband is. He has a Maurice LaCroix, an Omega, and Bell and Ross, Alpina, Hamilton and Accutron. That is what I get for taking him in to all those jewelry stores for years.

The Ice Man

Rough_Rock
Nice! I just got rid of an Omega. I wore it once but the only problem I had was there wasn''t enough room to put a lot of diamonds on it. It was a nice watch though.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/5/2009 1:03:26 AM
Author: The Ice Man
Nice! I just got rid of an Omega. I wore it once but the only problem I had was there wasn''t enough room to put a lot of diamonds on it. It was a nice watch though.
23.gif
you,yourself put the diamonds on these watches ?

The Ice Man

Rough_Rock
I wish! I would save a ton of money. I have a setter that does them for me. I usually purchase the parcels, sift them, then send them out. I have been using my guy for a while now and he has never failed me. Some of my pieces I have purchased preset like the big 6.75 Breitling and my Ap. Other than that the other 16 watches I own I personally designed them with the help of my setter.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/5/2009 1:33:10 AM
I wish! I would save a ton of money. I have a setter that does them for me. I usually purchase the parcels, sift them, then send them out. I have been using my guy for a while now and he has never failed me. Some of my pieces I have purchased preset like the big 6.75 Breitling and my Ap. Other than that the other 16 watches I own I personally designed them with the help of my setter.
so he takes apart all these watches and set the diamonds?
33.gif
what about the Cartier?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/5/2009 1:33:10 AM
WOW!! Ice Man....what brand are these? pics?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire, I think we just ran into a whole new species of watch lover here. Something we haven''t really seen before ;-).
Uh...you did say 16, The Ice Man?

AGBF ;-)
34.gif

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/5/2009 1:27:19 AM
Author: Dancing Fire

Nice! I just got rid of an Omega. I wore it once but the only problem I had was there wasn't enough room to put a lot of diamonds on it. It was a nice watch though.
23.gif
interesting!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/6/2009 6:19:06 AM
Author: Sharon101

23.gif
interesting!
yes Sharon,lately there has been a few comic watch threads !!
rotflmao2.gif
they can''t even spell a certain watch brand correctly or maybe it was misspelled on the watch dial
9.gif

The Ice Man

Rough_Rock
Delayed response,sorry,vacation. Yes my collection is 16 strong as of last month. It will be 17 this week! I have my on this diamond Gucci watch. I am not a low end watch guy but this watch has a nice look to it.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Alright, some diamond watch for you ice man, from my collection!

schmuck%20017.jpg

ETA: But I did not set the diamonds myself. It was done by Vacheron Constantin!
36.gif

The Ice Man

Rough_Rock
That is a gourgeous piece, nice diamond work! What else do you have?

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
You can see them here!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
8/10/2009 6:21:57 PM
Author: megeve

You can see them here!
megeve,

Your watches were lovely, but this watch (which I believe was your husband''s) really caught my eye. Can you tell me more about what I am looking at?

AGBF
34.gif

watchpostedbymegeve.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/10/2009 6:57:27 PM
Author: AGBF

Date:

You can see them here!
megeve,

Your watches were lovely, but this watch (which I believe was your husband's) really caught my eye. Can you tell me more about what I am looking at?

AGBF
34.gif
Deb...that beautiful watch is from JLC
30.gif
one of the very few " true manufactures" of fine watches in the world. in other words...JLC produces their own movements for all of their watches,in fact many other companies use JLC movements for their watches.

Ooops...i better stop talking about watches, BD and Ice Man might learn something.
31.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
8/11/2009 12:22:25 AM

30.gif
one of the very few '' true manufactures'' of fine watches in the world. in other words...JLC produces their own movements for all of their watches,in fact many other companies use JLC movements for their watches.

Are we looking at the back of the watch through a crystal back? I am only inferring that from the name ("reverso"). At first I wondered if the owner had taken the face off the watch and taken a photo of its innards!!! (I know that sounds like madness, but I am a total novice when it comes to watches! I never heard of a crystal backed watch, either!)

Also: What do the initials "JLC" stand for? And thanks for the education, Dancing Fire :).

AGBF
34.gif

megeve

Brilliant_Rock

Date:

You can see them here!
megeve,

Your watches were lovely, but this watch (which I believe was your husband's) really caught my eye. Can you tell me more about what I am looking at?

AGBF
34.gif
Thank you, AGBF!

This watch is a lady watch (not DHs but he does have a big collection of high end watches, even a Lange&Söhne!)

The pic which caught your eye is the crystal back of this watch.....(front side) in rose gold!

JLC5.jpg
crystalback.jpg

I have a 2nd strap for it which I use during the winter season, white is for summer
3.gif

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/6/2009 12:08:17 PM

Date: 8/6/2009 6:19:06 AM
Author: Sharon101

23.gif
interesting!
yes Sharon,lately there has been a few comic watch threads !!
rotflmao2.gif
they can''t even spell a certain watch brand correctly or maybe it was misspelled on the watch dial
9.gif
Yes....it does sometimes happen!
9.gif
2.gif

megeve

Brilliant_Rock

Date:

You can see them here!
megeve,

Your watches were lovely, but this watch (which I believe was your husband''s) really caught my eye. Can you tell me more about what I am looking at?

AGBF
34.gif
Well, you can look into the internal mechanism and see separate set of wheels moving all the time. Its really awesome to watch this mechanical technology in ones watch!

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/11/2009 7:53:27 AM

Date:
8/11/2009 12:22:25 AM

30.gif
one of the very few ' true manufactures' of fine watches in the world. in other words...JLC produces their own movements for all of their watches,in fact many other companies use JLC movements for their watches.

Are we looking at the back of the watch through a crystal back? I am only inferring that from the name ('reverso'). At first I wondered if the owner had taken the face off the watch and taken a photo of its innards!!! (I know that sounds like madness, but I am a total novice when it comes to watches! I never heard of a crystal backed watch, either!)

Also: What do the initials 'JLC' stand for? And thanks for the education, Dancing Fire :).

AGBF
34.gif
I am sure DF will chime in later. Just wanted to add that JLC stands for Jaeger-LeCoultre.

JLC Reverso is another watch, see below.... it has 2 faces!
jlc2.jpg
doubleface.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for taking the time to post these pictures and to give me a personalized tutorial, megeve! You certainly know your watches! I absolutely love the watch the back of which I noticed first! I am beginning to see how people can be seduced by the world of watches! You were very kind to explain everything to me!!!

Hugs,
AGBF
34.gif

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Right here! I love watches! Always need to wear one, or my left wrist will feel empty.

When I was a teenager i collected swatche. Now i like cartier, rado, and omega''s ladies watch.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/11/2009 12:44:36 PM

Thank you so much for taking the time to post these pictures and to give me a personalized tutorial, megeve! You certainly know your watches! I absolutely love the watch the back of which I noticed first! I am beginning to see how people can be seduced by the world of watches! You were very kind to explain everything to me!!!

Hugs,
AGBF
34.gif
You are most welcome, AGBF!
35.gif
Its my pleasure!

And it can be a very expensive hobby too! All these mechanical watches run in the thousands esp if they have reputable big brand names on them! And once you get into the level of tourbillon watches made by PP, JLC, IWC, GP etc they can go over the million $ mark!
20.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Here is my new Omega Iris Constellation watch that I''m getting for my birthday. This is a stock photo since I don''t have a tripod to take decent photos yet.

Lori

OMEGAIRIS1475_79_00_main.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results