clarity

Are tennis bracelets still in style?

nkc

Shiny_Rock
Are tennis bracelets still in style?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sure there are going to be a ton of replies after mine saying that they are timeless and classic, but to me, no. They are a little dated, and they seem almost matronly (for lack of a better word) to me. Just my opinion.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear two of them everyday, .33s and .20s FIY.
But at age 60 (just had a birthday in May) I guess I could be called matronly, :wavey:

I do think that they are classic which might explain why I see so many in jewelers' showcases.

Personally my jewelry choices are not based on what is in style or not.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you like it, wear it. Who cares what anyone else thinks?! {{shrug}}

I fully intend to wear mine - forever - and I consider myself trendy as well as classy and timeless! :cheeky:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love mine. The bling factor is just fabulous, and I LOVE being able to see it on me, versus earrings or pendants. I love mine. Its one of the few staples that I would get another of, but lower total carats.

:dance:

_989.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1463717200|4033865 said:
I love mine. The bling factor is just fabulous, and I LOVE being able to see it on me, versus earrings or pendants. I love mine. Its one of the few staples that I would get another of, but lower total carats.

_989.jpg

LLJsmom, off-topic, I recently tried on the little butterfly bracelet at VCA (same colour as yours) and I was so smitten with it!! :love: :love: :love:

Seeing it here, paired with your tennis bracelet, has intensified my love for it!! lol. I think I'd better stay at home and not visit VCA or Cartier for the next 6 months, at least!

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Phoenix|1463717401|4033867 said:
LLJsmom|1463717200|4033865 said:

_989.jpg

LLJsmom, off-topic, I recently tried on the little butterfly bracelet at VCA (same colour as yours) and I was so smitten with it!! :love: :love: :love:

Seeing it here, paired with your tennis bracelet, has intensified my love for it!! lol. I think I'd better stay at home and not visit VCA or Cartier for the next 6 months, at least!

Phoenix, you need that bracelet! You NEED it. You really do! :naughty:

I'm 32, I don't have a tennis bracelet but I want one with the fire of a thousand burning suns!!!

Counting down the days until I go overseas next year and can buy one! Personally, I believe they're a classic and timeless staple, but even if they are dated, who cares? If it makes you happy, get one! And come back and show us all! :naughty:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they're classic. I wear mine 24/7- stacked with my watch and/or some bangles.

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I bought a 3 ctw tennis bracelet this year, so it's a fairly delicate line of sparkle, and I adore it! If I didn't have to take it off for work (nurse), I would wear it 24/7. I don't think of it as "in" or "out," I just think of it as beautiful!

samanthaxo

Rough_Rock
I'm 25 and LOVE tennis bracelets.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear mine every day, sometimes stacked, sometimes not but I guess I'm another one that could be called matronly.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
samanthaxo|1463746439|4033934 said:
I'm 25 and LOVE tennis bracelets.

Me too!!!!! :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

Fulvia

Shiny_Rock
Repeating myself BUT I am 31 and LOVE LOVE LOVE tennis bracelets. They're all over NYC on girls (and guys) of all ages.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also wear mine with my watch....but I am old...but I still like the look..mine is a small one at only 2.2 carats

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely in style! I'm rocking one with a fitbit here:
_2840.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes--I've been wearing mine daily ever since I got it! ::)

img_11772.jpg

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Style comes and goes, and it's meaningless. If you love how it looks on you, get one.

nkc

Shiny_Rock
Laila619|1463716313|4033858 said:
I'm sure there are going to be a ton of replies after mine saying that they are timeless and classic, but to me, no. They are a little dated, and they seem almost matronly (for lack of a better word) to me. Just my opinion.
What would you pick as an alternative?

nkc

Shiny_Rock
LLJsmom, PintoBean, m-2-b thank you for sharing pictures of your beautiful tennis bracelets.
Cflutist, Phoenix, Trekki, motownmama, Ally66, samanthaxo, Catmom, Fulvia, diamondrnglover and madam bijoux than you for your reply.

nkc

Shiny_Rock
motownmama|1463744695|4033930 said:
I think they're classic. I wear mine 24/7- stacked with my watch and/or some bangles.
Does it scratch the watch or other bangles?

nkc

Shiny_Rock
cflutist|1463716808|4033862 said:
I wear two of them everyday, .33s and .20s FIY.
But at age 60 (just had a birthday in May) I guess I could be called matronly, :wavey:

I do think that they are classic which might explain why I see so many in jewelers' showcases.

Personally my jewelry choices are not based on what is in style or not.

Happy belated birthday :)

FightGravity

Shiny_Rock
I don't see anyone wearing them daily in the San Francisco well-heeled scene. Maybe they get worn for gala events? But not day-to-day. I see more diamond studs and GIGANTIC engagement rings, mostly solitaires.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I live in the Bay Area too. I see very little high end bracelets period. Few Cartier, VCA, or diamond any kinda bracelet. People here stack costume jewelry. I think that is probably true for many areas. Not everyone can afford to spend $6-$10K on a blingy tennis bracelet. But what is the definition of in style? I would venture to say that Cartier and VCA will always be in style, but as a percentage of the total population, the number of people that have them is relatively small.

And when they were "in style" what percentage of people wore them?

baroque

Shiny_Rock
I see them often here, (PNW) and LOVE mine so much!

I mentioned to my husband once or twice many years ago that I would love one "someday"...and on my 50th birthday, (almost 3 years ago) he surprised me with a 5 carat beauty (after the vacation that I thought was my birthday present!) my birthday morning, he slid that long box under my hands at the computer.

I wear it nearly every day and it's funny how many compliments I receive on it. When I went in for a check-up my Doctor (female about my age) pointed at my bracelet and asked "was that your present for your 50th?" :)

I love that it's simple and can be worn with everything, except maybe gym clothes...if you're actually wearing them for the gym!

So...I don't think they are out of style, but that said, style is relative. I think style is all about what you love to wear and what makes you feel joy when you see it.

aftereffects15

Rough_Rock
Typo, I meant "not really in style".

Very true but out of the pool of potential diamond bracelet wearers it seems more are opting for Love bracelets or pave ones. I'd personally love to see more of them around but they don't seem very popular right now.

Baroque - What a sweet husband! I like that definition of relative style, feeling joy about something is way more important than what other people's preferences are

nkc

Shiny_Rock
baroque|1463847632|4034458 said:
I think style is all about what you love to wear and what makes you feel joy when you see it.

Very true except that I cannot decide if I want one or not :think:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love them, and I always have. Mine is 3 carats, so not huge, but perfect for me. I find them timeless. I'm 34 btw.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tennis bracelets are timeless classics. Other than perhaps VCA, Cartier,etc, there is no other bracelet that will never go out of style. That said, I do not wear mine every day. I wear it when I am more dressed up. I think a Cartier Love (I prefer the cuff so it can be taken on and off easily) is a good bracelet that has been around a long time that works better for casual wear.

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
My tennis bracelet is very much in style! :love:

It's 5ctw and I wear it all the time in spring/summer, when I'm wearing short sleeves. I enjoy stacking it with a watch or another bracelet. I rarely wear it by itself.

_37267.jpg

img_11781.jpg

img_11782.jpg

img_11783.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results