shape
carat
color
clarity

Are SI1 inclusions visible on the side?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Babylon1023

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

While looking at a pre-set IGI rated :rolleyes: SI1 diamond in the mall, I could easily notice an inclusion when looking at the side of the diamond. It wasn't a teensy weensy speck either. Is this normal for an SI1, or is it IGI bullsh*t? (I'm still on this SI1 vs. VS2 debate)

Thanks!

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
They could be visible in a well-graded diamond......a definite possibility in an IGI graded diamond.

aFatCat

Rough_Rock
hi,

im no expert but...

There are "eye-clean" si1. I personally would stay away from IGI graded diamonds because they are not as strict as GIA or AGS. I would not be surprised if an IGI si1 diamond is really a grade or 2 lower. I would encourage you to look at GIA or AGS certed diamonds. hope that helps.

Have you check out www.goodoldgold.com for diamonds?

good luck :))

buttercup

Rough_Rock
the clarity is graded from the table i believe, so i think whether or not an inclusion is visible from the side is going to be an individual thing.
i once saw an AGS VS2 with a little brown piece of crap that you could see looking at the pavilion from the side. i couldn't find it at all from the top, not even with a loupe...but it sure was ugly from the side, and that was a VS2.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results