Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Are SI1 inclusions visible on the side?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Babylon1023

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

While looking at a pre-set IGI rated :rolleyes: SI1 diamond in the mall, I could easily notice an inclusion when looking at the side of the diamond. It wasn't a teensy weensy speck either. Is this normal for an SI1, or is it IGI bullsh*t? (I'm still on this SI1 vs. VS2 debate)

Thanks!

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
They could be visible in a well-graded diamond......a definite possibility in an IGI graded diamond.

aFatCat

Rough_Rock
hi,

im no expert but...

There are "eye-clean" si1. I personally would stay away from IGI graded diamonds because they are not as strict as GIA or AGS. I would not be surprised if an IGI si1 diamond is really a grade or 2 lower. I would encourage you to look at GIA or AGS certed diamonds. hope that helps.

Have you check out www.goodoldgold.com for diamonds?

good luck :))

buttercup

Rough_Rock
the clarity is graded from the table i believe, so i think whether or not an inclusion is visible from the side is going to be an individual thing.
i once saw an AGS VS2 with a little brown piece of crap that you could see looking at the pavilion from the side. i couldn't find it at all from the top, not even with a loupe...but it sure was ugly from the side, and that was a VS2.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Princess Diana: Timeless Jewelry Every Woman Should Own
    Princess Diana: Timeless Jewelry Every Woman Should Own
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.