shape
carat
color
clarity

Are round stones more masculine?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A friend saw my asscher today.
He thinks I should exchange it for a round.
He said square stones look more feminine and if a man is going to wear a diamond it has to be round.

Of course the main thing that determines if a ring looks masculine or feminine is the setting, but I think square diamonds look more masculine than rounds.

What do you think?
Which is more masculine, round or square?

BTW I'm pretty sure I'm keeping the asscher.
It is just so cool.
It would take a crowbar to get it away from me now.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh hell no - I think square stones are more masculine. I think women can get away with wearing masculine stones more than men can get away with wearing feminines stones. Frankly I don''t like rounds on men because they''re too feminine. I don''t get your friends reasoning at all lol

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Kenny, your friend sounds like he is jealous quite frankly.

He reminds me of an ex-friend of mine - we were in Paris together (when the FX rate was great) and I had just bought something at Cartier. As we were passing Boucheron, she said Cartier couldn''t hold a candle to Boucheron and she would never consider shopping anywhere else. She poo-poo''ed my purchase basically, much like your "friend''s" comment. The truth of the matter is she didn''t have a pot to p*ss in and couldn''t afford either place. She was just looking for a way to put me down and make herself feel superior. Did I mention - ex-friend?!

You asscher is gorgeous. How could a square stone possibly be more feminine than round? Hello?? This guy was just trying to make you feel bad because he could probably never find/buy such a beauty himself. You certainly don''t need "friends" like this guy, Kenny, no offense. Friends should make you feel good, not question yourself.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Heck no! Square stones are SO much more masculine! No idea what he was thinking!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I disagree with your friend, to me square stones are much more masculine, IMHO.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Next this guy is going to say, he would never purchase a round over 1 carat - it''s too feminine, too ostentatious, or too something, just because it wasn''t on his finger!

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely... hands down, no question about it, a square stone is more masculine.

Glad to hear you''re keeping your asscher - it''s such a stunning stone!

DBM

Shiny_Rock
curved and rounded is feminine.

squarish and linear are men.

just look at the anatomy of it :)

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I think squares are more masculine. I think your stone is just breath taking. Didn''t Sean Combs get a huge square shaped stone? He has so many pinky rings. Ahhh....a man after my own heart....loves rings!

Scott Terence

Shiny_Rock
Definitely have to get on the bandwagon that square(ish) stones are definitely more masculine than rounded stones... I would certainly like those square H&As for myself to add to my cushion collection... all the benefits of a square without those pesky fragile corners! Can''t wait to see how you end up setting your Asscher
10.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
ditto, square stones are definitely more masculine. Except maybe....a "princess" stone sounds a little feminine...but asscher doesn''t have a girly name.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
What is your friend smoking? Square more masculine than round, although square also can be beautiful on a woman. Kcoursolle''s comment about the asscher/princess names is funny!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
actually i think just the opposite...square to me is more masculine and round is more feminine. kind of like the hard edges of man vs rounded of woman.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
friend has it backwards

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh, geez, we're in the 21st century! wear what you [eta: meaning anyone, everyone, the generic you] want: round, square, emerald, marquis, oval.....all that matters is that YOU {again, generick} like it. as mentioned, the setting will determine how 'girlie' [as our california govenor put it] the piece looks. and even then, who cares?! in queen elizabeth I's day, men wore earrings that woud make anyone envious.

movie zombie

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your friends is nuts, IMO. The other way around.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I think square is more masculine. My husband is not into diamonds but if he was, I would buy him an asscher for sure.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Yep, sounds like a case of sour grapes to me. Honestly, Pear is the only shape that I would definitely assign as "feminine." I think a setting makes more of a statement than the rock anyway. I tend to see step cuts as "handsome."

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/23/2006 9:38:02 PM
Author:kenny

BTW I''m pretty sure I''m keeping the asscher.
It is just so cool.
It would take a crowbar to get it away from me now.
Then I take it everything has been ironed out?

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t worry Kenny, square definitely looks more masculine. I have seen men''s rings which have round diamonds but they are set such that the ring still looks squarish from the top.. so square is definitely more masculine..

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I decided to not ask for money back to compensate for the chance the stone may no longer have the Ex polish it had when GIA wrote the report.

Besides, Jonathan has volunteered some very kind things during the transaction.

It's only money.
Besides, it's Christmas.
2.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/24/2006 9:04:50 PM
Author: kenny
I decided to not ask for money back to compensate for the chance the stone may no longer have the Ex polish it had when GIA wrote the report.

It''s only money.
Besides, it''s Christmas.
2.gif
methinks you''ve made a very wise choice ;-)

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do not think so at all. I think rounded things are MORE feminine, and linear shapes more masculine, but that is just me. I think men tend to like to give their women round stones because it is a pleasing shape, but I in no way associate a round with a man more than a woman...it is also so dependant on how you set it...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

It''s only money.
2.gif
36.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Personally, I''m not used to seeing men wear diamonds IRL. However, I don''t think any one shape is more or less feminine or masculine of the ones you''ve mentioned. I think anything square or round would be equally masculine. I don''t think it would work for a man to wear heart, pear or marquise. But any of the round or square cuts would work in my book!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/25/2006 7:41:16 AM
Author: Ellen

It''s only money.
2.gif
36.gif
Ditto! Good decision, Kenny!

And I agree with all the others, a square step-cut stone is more masculine than a rb.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results