shape
carat
color
clarity

Are prices independent of calendar, e.g. Valentines?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rockshock

Rough_Rock
Are there "good" times of the year to buy diamonds, or at best are you able to possibly take advantage of 0% financing options for diamond rings?

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
The market is very competative these days. Great prices
can be found just about any time of the year.

Kirk Konst

dbretton

Rough_Rock
Are there "good" times of the year to buy diamonds, or at best are you able to possibly take advantage of 0% financing options for diamond rings?

As a rule of thumb, there are "good" times of the year, and the month for that matter, to buy diamonds.

Around the holiday seasons (Christmas, Valentine's), stores will inflate their prices, and be less willing to negotiate on price, knowing that the demand will be higher. Most likely stores will be more negotiable outside of these times.

In addition, since may stores report revenues on a monthly basis, they may be more negotiable toward the end of the month.

So, putting these together, maybe your best shot at getting a good price would be to try to buy a diamond from a store on June 29th. ?
1.gif

Again, this is just a rule of thumb. The more competetive the market is, the more likely the prices will be lower to begin, provided there are not any price fixing/oligopoly conditions.
In the context I am using it, the "market" is the local market, limited by geographical location. Online, the market is much more open, with the only limitation being the comfort level of the potential buyer with respect to the company. Given this constraint, or rather the lack thereof, the prices should be relatively low almost all of the time.

This is just my self-amusing postulation.

Regards,

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
1.gif
There are no rules as to when there are good times or not to buy a diamond. Right now happens to be a good time in my opinion,since the economy is slow , there are great deals out there you just ahve to "shop and compare"
I would say now is as good a time as any!!

good luck
diamondsman
read.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results