shape
carat
color
clarity

Are Pearls More Addicting Then Diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Well what do you think?

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Depending on what you want, they can be more affordable and an easier buy.
I bought one strand and quickly started looking for another, then another :)
so yeah, like anything, they can be addicting.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I was on a major pearl kick this summer! They are addicting...esp. since you can get very beautiful, good quality pearls for so much cheaper than diamonds!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/4/2009 12:34:02 AM
Author: bebe
Depending on what you want, they can be more affordable and an easier buy.
I bought one strand and quickly started looking for another, then another :)
so yeah, like anything, they can be addicting.
ditto, I am trying not to look at them though because I don't wear them all the time but I do love strands of pearls. hehehe I agree they are addicting .

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm, yes and no.

I like pearls differently than diamonds because of the "glow" factor - diamonds glitter on their own, but I like how pearls respond to the skin''s oil, and how different pearls look different on the wearer''s skin.

The other thing that I love about pearls is that they can be MUCH more affordable than diamonds.

But, I think after awhile, there''s only so many variations on the same theme, whereas there is a lot more creativity in setting diamonds and gemstones. So, while pearls may be addicting, I think the addiction is short-lived, where the diamond addiction lasts longer.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/4/2009 11:08:52 PM
Author: Elmorton
Hmmm, yes and no.

I like pearls differently than diamonds because of the ''glow'' factor - diamonds glitter on their own, but I like how pearls respond to the skin''s oil, and how different pearls look different on the wearer''s skin.

The other thing that I love about pearls is that they can be MUCH more affordable than diamonds.

But, I think after awhile, there''s only so many variations on the same theme, whereas there is a lot more creativity in setting diamonds and gemstones. So, while pearls may be addicting, I think the addiction is short-lived, where the diamond addiction lasts longer.
Agreed! Pearls tend to be more obtainable.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/5/2009 11:56:01 AM
Author: geckodani

Date: 10/4/2009 11:08:52 PM
Author: Elmorton
Hmmm, yes and no.

I like pearls differently than diamonds because of the ''glow'' factor - diamonds glitter on their own, but I like how pearls respond to the skin''s oil, and how different pearls look different on the wearer''s skin.

Agreed! Pearls tend to be more obtainable.
totally agree!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Im not into diamonds like I am with colored stones. I still like colored gems much more than pearls, though I do really like pearls!

-A

4ever

Ideal_Rock
For me pearls are a quick hit. I can go online and buy some little pearls studs and have them in afew weeks at very little cost. I LOVE diamonds, but they''re expensive, so if I get one peice of diamond jewlery a year, it''s a pretty good year. I will spend much much longer obsessing over diamonds because it takes much much longer to be able to afford them. Pearls can satisfy the jewlery addiction momentarily while I lust after my next sparkly.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
for me they are because there are so many varieties and they''re affordable so you can actually collect them!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results