shape
carat
color
clarity

Are mall jeweler prices negitable?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

reebs

Rough_Rock
Are mall jeweler prices negitable?

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Reebs, in my opinion, anything is negotiable. Honestly. I was in a Gap, and my friend noticed a mark of lipstick on my pure white sweater I was buying. She said she could get them to discount it...It was aleready on sale for $24.99 from $45 originally. She argued it over and the manager gave me the sweater on final sale for $12.99! In a Gap!

If the mall will not negotiate, they are too infelxible or greedy to be worth it, walk out, I GUARANTEE you will find a better deal almost ANYWHERE else...Mauls are known for generally inferior products at astronomical prices, because they know the average consumer goes there first with no info and will spend whatever the "professionals" say is proper...they are NOT "professionals", I doubt they would even know half the things a simple PS newbie knows!!!

Argue the price if you really want it, but I really do suggest you try looking on-line and in jewelers stores! Good luck and let us know how it works out!

Indescisive

Rough_Rock
I was told by a sales lady at the Maul that their prices were already negotiated. I told her "everything is negotiable", to which she replied "you won't find a better price in the maul"....

she wanted $7,000 for a 1.0 ct. F VS2 princess that was 80% deep and had half the fire of the one I eventually bought (1.07 ct F VS2 that is around a 1B on the AGA chart ... paid ~$6,500)

About 2 minutes later I was also told that I should act quickly so I wouldn't have to take a chance with their up-coming price increases..... I thought to myself "that's funny, you said the prices were not negotiable, but you're going to raise them this weekend"???

Bottom line, I would stay FAR FAR away from the Maul. You will find much better cut diamonds (with a negotiable price) at any oter Jeweler.

DavidEmslie

Shiny_Rock
Depends on the company and the sales person.

no matter what it is if you deal with a manager and not a sales person you will get better deals, cut out the commisions...just remember, going too the Mall is not the best place to go, its expensive and with some rents topping $14,000 a month...well who is paying that?

Anyway I would look at smaller jewelers, some of them have amazing hook ups and connections for stones. Some of us have the same dealers and get the same prices as some of the bigger diamond companies online
ie bluenile ect. I often chuckle at the confused custoemrs I get when they ask for a stone and bring in a copy of a diamond off an online site like blue nile, I can get them the same stone for a few hundred less in many cases.

In any case, anything is negotiable if you kow who too work with and talk too.

reebs

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for there advice. I will keep it in mind when buying my diamond.

2005corvette

Rough_Rock
Yes mall stones are very negotiable.
I was at Lux,Green and Bond and Bailey, Banks and Biddle and looked at a stone in each store. Both stones were originally in the $45k to $50k range and I worked them down almost $10k from each stones. So they have a tremendous
markup on their diamonds. This story is the absolute truth,
no BS..They were not exactly what I wanted so I bought online and found exactly what I wanted even less expensive, plus no sales tax. When your talking almost three carats with prices like this the 5% sales tax isn't bubble gum change. Talking a week long vacation in Vegas with the money/sales tax that I saved with my wife.

reebs

Rough_Rock
Wow, 2005corvette, talk about your bargain shopping. Thanks for the advice. I forgot about the sales tax.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results