shape
carat
color
clarity

Are IGI H&A a bad choice for earrings?

Scooba116

Shiny_Rock
Will the look dark straight on or in the sun? Are there different specs I should be looking for instead?

When people say that larger tables or a shallower crown are good stone for earrings, are they actually a preferable stone for earrings? Or just a way to save money or expand search criteria?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe larger tables and shallower crowns actually are preferable for earrings. You want them to be bright spots on your ears, and those proportions favor brightness. You can still have H&A with a larger table and shallower crown—they're not mutually exclusive.

Scooba116

Shiny_Rock
I believe larger tables and shallower crowns actually are preferable for earrings. You want them to be bright spots on your ears, and those proportions favor brightness. You can still have H&A with a larger table and shallower crown—they're not mutually exclusive.

Do you have a idea of a range of ideal proportions for earrings?

Scooba116

Shiny_Rock

Let me also ask you… I’ve been trying to make something happen with Alex Park for awhile but I think I’ve only ever seen one of his earring stones under a 34 CA and most are over 35. Should I just pass on his stuff?

And many of his “pairs” have a whole dreee of difference in the CAs. Is that ok?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have a idea of a range of ideal proportions for earrings?

I would say similar to the PS member-recommended proportions but on the shallower crown angle and larger table end of the ranges.

Let me also ask you… I’ve been trying to make something happen with Alex Park for awhile but I think I’ve only ever seen one of his earring stones under a 34 CA and most are over 35. Should I just pass on his stuff?

And many of his “pairs” have a whole dreee of difference in the CAs. Is that ok?

I think Alex's earrings are very nice but probably not super ideal cut level. If you want similar to ACA quality, it's best to find a match yourself. As far as the differences in crown angles, I think once they're on the ears it'd be pretty hard to tell them apart unless they were significantly different in "flavor."

Scooba116

Shiny_Rock
I would say similar to the PS member-recommended proportions but on the shallower crown angle and larger table end of the ranges.

I think Alex's earrings are very nice but probably not super ideal cut level. If you want similar to ACA quality, it's best to find a match yourself. As far as the differences in crown angles, I think once they're on the ears it'd be pretty hard to tell them apart unless they were significantly different in "flavor."

Thank you. Would you look for under 34 or under 33 CA? 58-59 table?

I’ve been trying to choose my own for a year. These were supposed to be a 40th birthday gift and I turned 41 yesterday. I wish I had kept the first ones I ordered that had shallow CAs, but when I posted them on here people did not like the non-super ideal specs so I returned. I bought super ideals that didn’t really do anything for me because they were not as bright. I realized that lots of fire is not my style. I bought h&A and realized I didn’t like the contrast and being able to really see the arrows. I’m exhausted. This is why I am not round person, but I do want round earrings because they soon and I like symmetry.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Bummer that you've been through all of this. In the end, we like what we like. What about purchasing a pair of Alex Park's earrings that look good to you and seeing how you like them? I'm pretty sure he has a return policy.

Or can you get another pair with the stats of the first pair you had? Stats never tell the full story. Kinda like picking a guy purely from his resume :lol:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you. Would you look for under 34 or under 33 CA? 58-59 table?

I’ve been trying to choose my own for a year. These were supposed to be a 40th birthday gift and I turned 41 yesterday. I wish I had kept the first ones I ordered that had shallow CAs, but when I posted them on here people did not like the non-super ideal specs so I returned. I bought super ideals that didn’t really do anything for me because they were not as bright. I realized that lots of fire is not my style. I bought h&A and realized I didn’t like the contrast and being able to really see the arrows. I’m exhausted. This is why I am not round person, but I do want round earrings because they soon and I like symmetry.

I would look for ~33.9-34.2 crown and ~57.5-59 table. Can you share your budget and size requirements so we can help you look?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results