shape
carat
color
clarity

Are either of these 2 diamonds worth it?

prime_number

Rough_Rock
Hi members!

This is my first post although I have been following the forum for awhile now. As many people before me have, it is that time for me to buy an engagement ring for my pretty lady :) Also as those before me have discovered, it is a daunting task to pick the "right" diamond. This is where I am hoping that you guys can lead me in the right direction.

Based upon suggestions and tips I have seen from other posts, I have come across 2 diamonds that seem to be a great bet. Attached is the GIA for both diamonds, but please let me know if I should attempt to get more documentation for the diamonds.

The prices for the two stones are as follows (price reflects the stone set in a white gold band):
VVS2 - $4800
VS1 - $4200

Could any of you please recommend which stone, if either, that you would opt for and why?

Thank you so much, in advance, for your help!

Attachments

• scan0011.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 88

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The G VVS is a bit on the deep side and isn't a stone I would purchase without ASET imaging.
The H VS1 is even deeper and not a stone I would consider purchasing at all. The cut angles are not complementary.

just_browsing

Rough_Rock
I think most posters on this board would recommend sticking with diamonds with an excellent cut grade. Even within the GIA excellent cut grade, there can be a large variance in cut quality. I think with your budget, you can get an excellent cut 0.9ct stone.

prime_number

Rough_Rock
Thank you both for such prompts responses!

Would you recommend getting the ASET image for the VVS stone or is it likely not worth the purchase anyhow?

Is cut really that important (significant) from good to excellent? If so, what other qualities of a diamond would you recommend to prioritize and which are not as important?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Way too deep + extra thick girdle = :knockout:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1446599744|3945397 said:
Way too deep + extra thick girdle = :knockout:

Yup.

prime_number

Rough_Rock
Thank all of you guys for helping to guide me away from a bad purchase

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is your budget ~5k for the whole ring? We can probably take a look at something if you were open to buying online.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results